Very Private Beachfront Home on Point - Bernard(6 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, (Sleeps 5)- will not consider groups of 7 or more
Keywords: coastal cottage, beachfront home, oceanfront home near Acadia
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Queen size Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Toiletries, soaps, shampoos, conditioner, body washes
- This property is right on the ocean, bird life abundant, schooners anchor in front on occasion. This is a working lobster waterfront, sightings include seals, eagles, one frequently seen) blue herons, osprey, ducks, deer, etc. lots of other bird life. There's always something interesting to view from our point and the deck. Great place to sea kayak. Swans island ferry goes out multiple times daily from across Bass Harbor. Some boat excursions go out multiple times daily from our harbor. Great seafood restaurant and bar, near end of road (Thurston's) can walk to, also Seafood Ketch for bit more formal setting, with short drive to Bass Harbor, multiple restaurants in Southwest Harbor, all types in Bar Harbor. Area is known for lobster, crabmeat, and scallops. The deck with sliding glass doors-for morning coffee to start day and lunch and dinner with gentle sun, warms midday and cools when tide comes in. Nice modern barbecue for dinners. Very relaxing, private, and cozy place...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
Dishes & Utensils:
serves 8, cast iron pans, silverstone non stick, cooking pots for lobster, barbecue utencils, crock pots, blender, baking dishes, trays, wine and beer glasses, cordials, champagne and margarita stems....moreless
Paper plates, plate holders, baskets, napkins, paper towel, aluminum foil, garbage bags, baggies, spices, oil sprays, blender, cooking dishes, spices, trays, placemats, plastic wrap, glass pitcher....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 10 - Sep 8, 2018
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 9%
Weekly or longer rentals prioritized over 4 or 5 night night rental.
Week of July 4th looking for weekly rental as this is prime rental time. 5-6 day rentals only after August 30th through fall with flexibility on Saturday or Sunday check-in or check-out.
No vacation advertisers calling please!
1/2 payment due in advance check ,money order, bank check,with signed rental agreement with $500 damage security depost. Second 1/2 of payment due upon occupancy. Damage security deposit returned by mail after vacancy ends and premises inspected. If arriving when owner isn't present, the payment is due in advance to be discussed and arranged with owner. $100 cleaning fee added on second payment.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 6 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
mountain climbing, close to Acadia National Park, 20 minutes to Bar Harbor
About the owner: This has been our family residence since 1943.
Why the Owner Chose Bernard, Tremont, ME, USA:
This was my parents' property. If it had not been for this property I may never have settled in the beautiful state of Maine. Even during the hottest of summer weather, it is usually very pleasant on the water here.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I have summered here all my life. My family came here every August from Long Island, New York. I remember the excitement arriving every summer, swimming at Long Pond, eating lobster, going to Jordan Pond, and hiking throughout Acadia's trails with my family and other relatives. Nice place to relax, unwind, smell the salt air, and pines. We arrived and immediately ran down to the beach to explore.
- Primary: +1 2076321891 Cell phone
- Secondary: +1 2078932116 Home phone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the house as you drive up.
View from the front deck.
ocean view bedroom
facing ocean and harbor
relax with ocean views
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.