An architecturally unique and fabulous home with open beams and plenty of modern yet cozy style. A short walk to Twin Lakes Beach. Just under 4 min. (less than 3 blocks) and you are at one of the most popular beaches in Santa Cruz (for both adults and kids; dogs allowed on leash). Also within walking distance is the great Crow’s Nest Restaurant, Mexican restaurant, coffee shop, gift shop and the harbor. Some guests even walk to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. A short 5-min drive to downtown Capitola.
The upper great room includes a gas fireplace, dining area, gourmet kitchen with gas range, Miele dishwasher and Subzero fridge. Master bedroom (queen bed) and a spacious bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub on the upper floor. The upper bedroom opens to the hot tub area. There is also a table/4 chairs with an umbrella on this upper deck and gas BBQ (extra propane tank on downstairs patio near slider. Two tall deckchairs on upper deck near dining area are available during warm season. Another table/4 chairs on downstairs patio with chairs.
One dog allowed under 35 lbs. with notice and pet fee. Completely fenced yard. High speed Wi-Fi, a computer and printer also located in the living room. Recently refinished and beautiful Beech hardwood floors throughout the upstairs living space, including stairwell, so removing shoes upon entering house is HIGHLY APPRECIATED. Downstairs radiant heated tile floor.
Open beam tall vaulted ceilings and lots of windows are some of the features of this spacious and comfortable family home. Five (5) thermostats throughout house so can adjust temperature to your liking.
Nice linens and towels are provided, and the beds are made fresh for you. More linens in the closets if needed. A large parking area that can hold a small RV, boat or trailer, or 3 cars can park on the property. Two guest parking passes provided by owner (in green basket upstairs) during "permit season" for street parking (Apr - Labor Day). Note: if parking passes not left upon departure, a fee will be withheld from security deposit refund. There is an outdoor shower for rinsing off sand after a day at the beach at the back corner of house by the small shed that houses sand toys, boogie boards, beach umbrella, beach mats, bike helmets (combination in book at DR hutch upstairs). Also, some beach chairs, small portable BBQ for beach, extra propane tank near downstairs shed.
Three TVs, radio/CD player, poker chips/cards, and toys. A selection of DVD's, CD's, books, games, and children's toys/books are available too. Some condiments and spices available. Gas BBQ on upper deck, with spare propane tank downstairs.
FAMILIES WITH BABIES: safety gate for top of stairs (stored in downstairs BR), new pack'n play w/sheet (in downstairs BA cabinet), and portable high chair (on LR shelf near upstairs fireplace) are provided.
IF BRINGING DOG - please bring own dog bedding and food/water bowls, clean up dog hair and dog poop before departure. If dog poop left for owner to remove, there will be a deduction from security deposit refund. A dog pad is provided downstairs under TV if necessary.
Thanks for being respectful toward next incoming guests.
- just under 3 blocks to popular Twin Lakes Beach with fire rings and nearby volleyball nets, restaurants, coffee shop.
- great separation for two families or adults/children (LR upstairs/FR downstairs)
- Beds: Sleeps 8. Queen bed in upstairs master BR ensuite, King bed in downstairs BR, Twin trundle beds in downstairs BR, Queen hidabed in upstairs LR, Queen futon in downstairs FR with very thick, comfortable mattress.
- 1 Bath upstairs (tub/shower), 1 Bath downstairs (shower) - both good size rooms
- hardwood floors upstairs/Spanish tile floors downstairs w/radiant heating; downstairs bedrooms are carpeted
- free firewood for bonfires
- well equipped kitchen (all appliances, dishes, cooking utensils, pots and pans, assorted spices, some condiments, etc.) and bathrooms (hair dryers, hand soap, shampoo/conditioner, etc.)
- Miele washer/dryer, SubZero refrigerator, gas stove
- lots of natural light
- games/toys for kids, bike helmets (no bikes), beach equipment, boogie boards, beach chairs
'Long-Term Renters Considered in off-peak season'