Champagne Pond, Kayakgolf Cart & More Special May 16-24, 2017 $100/Night(87 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Comfortable and affordable 2 bedroom ground floor apartment.
Take advantage of a great rate offered from May 16 to May 24, 2017 of only $100 per night.
Come on out and enjoy a relaxing time in Kapoho.
Our minimum stay is 3 nights, but if you see an opening for 1 or 2 nights in our calendar and are interested, please send us an inquiry.
Accommodations: This is an apartment on the ground floor, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath and an extra outdoor shower (Sleeps 6) and is a wonderful location for your vacation in our Kapoho Paradise.
From our well-appointed tropical apartment, you can head out for snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming only a block away! This spacious and comfortable apartment has been built with quality materials, and is stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
*The lanai has a gas grill, comfortable wicker furniture, a Hot Tub and outdoor shower. There are plenty of ‘outdoor’ towels to use after your hot tub or shower, conveniently located next to the shower.
*Living Area: The main entrance to the apartment is from the spacious lanai. In this area you can enjoy the television and or movies from our huge digital movie selection. There is an office area and plenty of kitchen space. The dining room table is in a nook off of the living room within view of our beautiful teak sculpture of dolphins. The comfortable tropical furniture makes this a great place to hang out to watch some movies. Did we say movies? We have over 700 movie titles to choose from, all housed in a separate Wi-Fi storage disk. Complete instructions are provided for the TV, movies and sound system.
*The ‘Orchid’ Bedroom: This bedroom boasts a beautiful view of our orchid wall. The Queen sized bed is very comfortable and the room has a dresser, nightstands, reading lamps, ceiling fan, a desk and comfortable chairs. Tropical gone comfortable.
*The ‘Honu’ Bedroom: Is comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed, antique furnishings, ceiling fan and plenty of room for your luggage.
*Bathroom: This bathroom is located directly across the hall from the Orchid Bedroom and has a Travertine surround Jacuzzi tub, shower and Travertine floors. Naturally, there are plenty of fresh fluffy towels, shampoo/conditioner, body soap and a hair dryer.
*The kitchen area has a full sized refrigerator, microwave/convection oven, 2 burner induction cook surface, toaster, juicer, blender and other appliances to make your stay comfortable.
* Office: The office is set up, if you really MUST work while you are on holiday, and has free Wi-Fi, and a built in desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an comfortable place to get the job done. There's also a door leading to the lower lanai, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (electric golf cart, 2 bicycles, 4 boogie boards, 1 two person kayak, and 1 surf board) live. There is plenty of snorkel gear, but we can't guarantee we'll have your size. You are welcome use electric cart to drive around the beautiful, peaceful neighborhood.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP. We don't want you to have to experience that.) Plenty of kitchen towels, sharp knives, dishware, glassware and silverware. Other items: paper plates, reusable fabric shopping bags (plastic grocery sacks are not available at stores), a cooler for excursions, and 'blue' ice in the freezer.
* Hair Dryer
* Umbrellas--just in case
More details about our home:
* The apartment was built with top-quality materials and meticulous attention to every detail. The lanai is beautiful slate. On the inside, the floors are tile with knotty pine trim everywhere. There is plenty of room to spread out.
Hawaii State Tax
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- On floor 1
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Both bedrooms are supplied with comfortable queen sized beds, luxurious 540 TC pima cotton sheets, ceiling fans and plenty of storage space for all of your gear. We can accommodate up to 6 guests. A comfortable plush queen size blow up mattress is available, as well as a twin mattress cot. IF you have a toddler, we also have a 'pak-n-play' that is fully outfitted with sheets for your youngster....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bathroom comes with plenty of fluffy towels, a Jacuzzi tub/shower, plenty of lighting and all of the items to make you comfortable. We provide shampoo/conditioner/soap, plenty of toilet paper and lots of room to spread out. There is also an outdoor shower, on the lanai, for rinsing off after a swim and before using the hot tub....moreless
- Don't forget - Hawaii Island has an active volcano. Drive about 20 miles, through the jungle on a coastal highway to view the lava flow that started in 1982, or drive up to Pahoa and see the most recent flow from 2015. We're also just over an hour drive from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, the historical Kilauea caldera and home of Pele, the fire goddess. You can check out Champagne Pond, and Wai O Pae Marine Sanctuary all within walking, or short biking distance. We have a GoPro camera, along with compatible snorkel gear, available for you to rent, if you want to get some videos of the beautiful coral reefs and fish. Because of all the warm springs in the area the ocean water is a little bit warmer here, around 5 degrees F -- not a lot, but for us every degree helps. Ahalanui Beach Park boasts a delightful hot pond that is protected from the ocean is only a 5 minute drive (lifeguards are on duty). ...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Clothes Dryer:
The garage is not available for renters use. You will have access to the garage through an interior door from the apartment. The kayak, golf cart, the swimming toys and yard games are in the garage....moreless
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
There are plenty of fluffy towels for the bath, as well as beach towels. Play towels are on the lanai and quite handy for after soaking in the hot tub or taking a shower in the outdoor shower....moreless
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 16-24, 2017
May 16 - May 24, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $100 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.43%
Minimum stay is 3 nights. Exceptions may be made...contact the owner. Rate is based on 4 people. For more than 4 guests, there is a $10 per guest for a 3 night stay. For stays from 4-10 days, the fee for extra guests is $15 per guest per stay.
If you wish to use the blow up beds, there is a $10 one time fee added. There is no additional fee for the toddler 'pak-n-play'. Notify owner if you are interested in more than 4 people and you will be provided with pertinent information.
We do not charge damage insurance in order to keep our guests Hawaii holiday a bit more reasonably priced. We require having credit card information submitted to us prior to your arrival. A package is emailed to you after the final payment is made (30 days before check-in) with a credit card form. All credit information is secured and is destroyed after check out and housekeeping.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Don't forget - Hawaii Island has an active volcano. Drive about 20 miles, through the jungle on a coastal highway to view the lava entering the ocean. We're also just over an hour drive from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, the historical Kilauea caldera and home of Pele, the fire goddess. You can check out Hot/Warm Ponds, Champagne Pond, and Wai O Pae Marine Sanctuary all within walking, or short biking distance. Because of all the warm springs in the area the ocean water is a little bit warmer here, around 5 degrees F -- not a lot, but for us every degree helps.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Nosotros hablamos español un poco. We are originally from the Seattle area and moved to Kapoho in 2008 because we fell in love with the area. We love to travel, but also love being at home in Kapoho. When we purchased our home, we knew it would need some modifications and have completely rebuilt it. With the modifications complete, we feel our home and vacation rental apartment are among the most beautiful in Kapoho. When we aren't in our paradise home, we are probably out traveling the world. In the summer of 2013 we drove our little camper van, Hale Iki (meaning little home) across the western US. Our 2014 travel included the Panama Canal, taking Hale Iki to Vancouver Island and walking in France and Spain on El Camino de Santiago Compostella (and we completed the 500 pilgrimage!). In 2015 our travel included Greece, Turkey, Oman, Jordan, Israel and the Suez Canal as well as a trip in our van up the Alaska Highway and into the Arctic Circle (yes, it's cold up there even in August). Bucket List Items: Drive the Alaska Highway - CHECK. Camp in the Arctic Circle - CHECK. January 2016-Spanish Language class in Antigua Guatemela - CHECK. Eventually, we will be able to advertise...Habla Espaniol. But we need more school an MUCH more practice. April 2016 we traveled to Portugal, Spain, Copenhagen, St Petersburg, France, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Estonia and Belgium. September 2016, we went back to Guatemala for some more Spanish immersion and then to Tijuana for a week of work with Esperanza International. Just in case you ever want to find something to read to help you sleep at night, feel free to check out my 'on again/off again' blog. thewaytokapoho.blogspot.com. Who knows what the next trip after this will be? We sure don't. Sometimes those last minute trips turn out to be the best!
Why the Owner Chose Kapoho, Puna District, HI, USA:
We moved, from the Seattle area, to Kapoho in 2008 because of the beauty and serenity. After years of working in 'Corporate America', we both decided that this is the best place to retire. We have a huge garden, love snorkeling at the Waiopea Tide Pools, and all of the other beautiful swimming locations in our area. We are both active in the Kapoho and the greater Hilo area and love to participate in the wonderful offerings this side of the island offers.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others. This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. The Marine Sanctuary is a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have traveled quite a bit, and this is a gem and is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Take a walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the Eastern most point of the island, and the state.
- Primary: +1 808-965-1201
Links to more information:
Welcome to our home, Kapoho Breeze.
A small glimpse of the spacious living area.
The Honu room, all set and ready for you.
Yes, we do Christmas.
The dolphins add fun to the living area.
Only a five minute walk to see some spectacular sunrises.
One of our friendly turtles, just hanging out.
This is part of our pineapple bounty...and we share, if you are here during harvest.
The lanai is spacious and comfortable.
Off street parking right next to the stairs, taking you to your lanai.
Our lanai, offers plenty of space for you.
The Orchid Bedroom overlooks the orchid wall. A comfy spot to fall asleep.
Sit back and enjoy a movie from our huge digital library.
How about strumming on the guitar or ukulele? We also have a conga and recorder
Just part of the kitchen area.
There are amazing things to see on the Kapoho Lava Flow.
If you want the 'down home' Hawaiian experience, we can arrange a pig hunt.
Use the spacious yard for games and we have plenty to choose from.
The apartment lanai, complete with shower, hot tub and plenty of room.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.