About the property
- Estate7800 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Amazing luxury private estate has breathtaking views of intercoastal water ways
The Petro Waterfront Mansion is the largest waterfront home in St. Petersburg that allows private events of all kinds.** IF YOUR EVENT OR STAY REQUIRES 7 NIGHTS or MORE KINDLY ASK ME FOR A DISCOUNT!! I WILL BE HAPPY TO DISCOUNT THE PUBLISHED RATE THAT SHOWS UP ON THIS SITE!!** If you would like to see a 3D view of every room in the house I suggest you visit Wedding Wire dot com. Click on business name and insert Petro Mansion. Click on the 3D tour icon. This elegant and sophisticated 7,800 square foot custom home has 180 feet of breathtaking views of the bay and provides ample space for events. *** Please email me first to discuss the additional fee for events, weddings, parties Etc.***
The interior of the home has been professionally designed with contemporary furniture, and hosts an intimate atmosphere with a spectacular outdoor pool deck and tropical atmosphere.
This stunning event venue boasts a perfect space for; Weddings, family reunions, corporate events, cocktail parties, engagement parties, bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, holiday celebrations, private parties, yoga retreats, birthday parties, vow renewals, elopements, engagement parties, receptions or any other event that you can imagine.
* 44,000 GALLON SOLAR HEATED SALTWATER POOL with tropical beach entranceway.
* WATERFRONT SUNDECK is fully furnished with an 8 seating iron dining set, 4 sun loungers, umbrellas, light up palm trees and stereo with outdoor speakers.
* COVERED OUTDOOR GAZEBO which features covered full patio furniture under the 18 X 20 gazebo. Ceiling fans and dimmable lighting set the ambiance.
* GOURMET CHEF'S KITCHEN is 500 square feet with Italian granite countertops. The stainless steel appliances include a built-in commercial sub zero refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, separate ice maker and 6-burner/double oven Bertazzoni gas range with griddle. There is a bathroom located off of the kitchen that is perfect for event staff.
* MAJESTIC DINING ROOM with a highly polished contemporary wood table that will accommodate 8 guests.
* PRIVATE BOAT DOCK which includes a 10,000 lb. boat lift, a 16,000 lb boat lift. There are also water and electrical hookups on the dock.
* GAME ROOM WITH BAR: Game room with pool table, foosball table, electronic dart board and 14' shuffleboard table. A bar (Alcohol not included) with mini-refrigerator.
* FITNESS CENTER: In addition, there is a complete workout facility including a precision Smith machine, dumbbells up to 100 lbs, a stationary bike and elliptical stepper.
* 3 FIREPLACES: There is a large fireplace in living room, gas fireplace in upstairs master bedroom and gas fireplace located in the downstairs master bedroom. (Turned off for safety reasons)
* 1,000 BOTTLE WINE CELLAR with humidor (Wine not included).
* OUTDOOR GRILL: There is a large gas barbeque grill poolside.
* 6 FLAT SCREENED TV'S throughout with Netflix.
* FREE WIFI throughout the estate with printer and large stand up touch screen computer, X-Box, DVD Blu ray player.
* KAYAK AND PADDLEBOARDS: Explore the waterways around St. Petersburg on a kayak or paddleboard. There are 2 single kayaks and 2 stand up paddle boards that are available for an additional fee. We also have fishing poles and tackle so you can fish right off the dock.
* 2 SETS OF WASHER/DRYERS: The estate comes equipped with 2 sets of high efficiency front load washing machines and dryers.
* HOUSEWARES: Comes with basic housewares, cooking supplies and 3 coffee makers.
* EXTRAS: Filtered water cooler, spices, condiments, coffee and coffee supplies. Hallway closet stores extra sheet sets, pillows, comforters, towels and 5 blow-dryers.
* ADA BATHROOM is located at the pool level.
The mansion is a mere 3-8 miles to the best beaches in the world-St. Pete. It is less than 2 miles from the heart of downtown St. Pete which has many restaurants, lounges, night clubs, shops and museums. Disney World, Sea World and many other attractions are located in Orlando just one and a half hours away. Tampa airport is a 45 minute drive. **SO IF YOU HAVE READ MY ENTIRE DESCRIPTION YOU KNOW TO PERSONALLY ASK ME FOR A DISCOUNT FROM THE PUBLISHED RATE OF THIS SITE IF YOU PLAN TO STAY 7 NIGHTS OR MORE!!**
* High School Graduation/ Reunion Parties
* Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
***Contact us so we can tell you more about our gorgeous modern waterfront estate and explain the additional fees for the use of the property for weddings, parties, events, Etc.***
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
About Alex Petro
Hello future guests! My wife Katrina and I have been renting out our gorgeous waterfront mansion for 4 years. We have had many weddings and birthday bashes that have brought great memories to our guests and their friends. We strive on making your event and stay as perfect as possible. I am on call 24 hours a day if anything is needed. We have a 5 star rating on VRBO and Tripadvisor. Please check out our reviews to see what our past guests have said about us. We hope you choose our estate and we promise to make your stay magical!
Alex Petro purchased this Estate in 2002
Why Alex Petro chose Saint Petersburg
This modern waterfront estate is fully furnished with a top of the line kitchen with event staff bathroom to host elaborate events. The outside sundeck has plenty of room for weddings, parties and events of all kinds. We are situated only 2 miles from downtown St Pete where all the restaurants, museums, rooftop lounges and shopping are. The beaches are a short 8-10 minute drive.
What makes this Estate unique
Some of our guests have even had the pool covered in acrylic plastic and created a dance floor over the beaming blue LED light. Luxury, waterfront estate on the edge of downtown St. Petersburg ready for any event venue you can think of. We allow the event planners to choose their own caterers, bartenders, serving staff, DJ ETC.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We loved our time here!
We traveled to St. Petersburg for a family wedding and needed a space that would accommodate our family. The ages were 1 year to 92. There were 17 of us and everyone had a comfortable bed to sleep in. We particularly enjoyed the patios, dock and pool. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was. The sunrises were spectacular and I would happily recommend the Petro Waterfront Mansion. Thank you Alex.
What a memorable weekend!
Great house with amazing views and the best amenities. You could stay at the pool all day like you’re at your own private resort. Really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely book again next time in St. Petersburg area.
Great family vacation at the Petro Mansion!
We were a large family of 21 people and we stayed for 8 days in April. 13 adults and 8 children, between the ages of 2-11. We had a fantastic family vacation and I will highlight a few items below.
* Contact w/ owner - Alex was great with his communication pre-stay and then when on property. He was quick to respond and did a thorough walk through upon arrival. He was also flexible on the arrival time which was very helpful. 5 stars on Alex.
* The House - I don't even remember how many rooms there were but I do know everyone was happy with where the ended up and there is a great area for the kids to be off on their own and have plenty of room. The kitchen is very big with plenty of room to cook. 2 sets of wash and dryers, plenty of bathrooms throughout the house. The game room was terrific; pool, foosball, and shuffleboard. Kids owned it the first few nights and then the adults took over the last couple of nights. Gym was fine, it's not going to be as luxurious as the Four Seasons but has everything you need for a good workout. There were 4/5 people in our group who are in very good shape and exercise hard on a regular basis. No complaints and everyone got what they needed from the gym. 5 stars on the house.
Outside & Pool - The outside area is spectacular and is what makes the property special. Great views of the water and sunrise each morning, plenty of outdoor seating and great ambiance in the evening. The kids loved the pool and there was plenty of room for adults and children to relax. We saw dolphins almost every day. Used the kayaks and paddle boards almost every day and the kids caught a bunch of fish off the dock. It was so great the majority of the group rarely left the property. 5 stars on the pool and outdoor area.
Location - The home is about 2 miles from downtown St. Petersburg which is very convenient. The neighborhood is ok but you are a couple miles from the city and not in a resort area. You will need to expect to drive to a beach if that is what you are looking to do. Again, we loved the pool and views of the water so we rarely left, even for dinner. We usually cooked out, ordered takeout, or the families took turns in the kitchen. If you are looking for a getaway beach day I would suggest Treasure Island. Very nice beach and about a 25 minute drive. There are closer beaches but that is where we ended up a couple days.
Great owner, home, and the outdoor space is as good as it gets. 5 stars!!!
Loved it here even better than i expected!! Definitely would recommend staying here again!
Wonderful house for a group trip
The Petro Mansion was a great place to stay for my large gathering of friends seeking a warm weather getaway. The house is very spacious and could easily accommodate our group. The outdoor space is beautiful with stunning views of the bay in the morning and evening. We were easily able to stay in for dinner one night and cook on the grill. Alex was a wonderful host who was attentive and responsive leading up to the trip and while we were staying there. I would definitely recommend this house to anyone traveling with family or friends to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area!
Alex was amazing walking us through the mansion, and every aspect of the property lived up to expectations. Pictures don't do it justice! We'll be back
Pavati Boat manufacturer and its crew decided to choose the Petro Mansion for their photo shoot. They had 2 of their finest boats shipped from Oregon to Florida where they were put up on the boat lifts at the mansion. For several days they had their filming and video crew taking hundreds of photos with the professional models and pro wake boarders. Thanks for choosing us to spend your work/vacation. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Alex
The Petro Waterfront Mansion is located on the outskirts of downtown St. Petersburg in an eclectic, diverse, urban neighborhood and biking distance to all downtown St. Petersburg has to offer. The property is private and secluded, located at the end of a cul-de-sac with one neighbor to the right and an open park to the left. The estate has panoramic water views from most rooms. We allow weddings, receptions, parties and all kinds of events. There is a separate charge for these. Please inquire for a quote.
BEACH DRIVE AND DOWNTOWN WATERFRONT is only 3 miles away and anchors downtown shopping, dining and entertainment districts that include outdoor cafes and restaurants, world class museums and a dazzling array of shops, galleries, businesses, hotels and bed & breakfasts that line the city’s pedestrian-friendly streets. A continuous string of green parks winds along the seven-mile waterfront that is home to many special events and festivals each year.
THE SPA BEACH is only 3 miles away. St. Petersburg has two public beaches along its breathtaking waterfront. Spa Beach and North Shore Beach offer white sandy beaches on the shores of Tampa Bay. Spa Beach, located at the base of the St. Petersburg Pier, beach visitors can relax in the sun or rent paddle boats, jet skis and other watercrafts. It's also home to special events, such as the annual St. Anthony's Triathlon. Nearby, North Shore Beach includes a playground, an Olympic-caliber year round swimming pool, tennis courts and a beautiful palm arboretum for beachside picnics and afternoon strolls. St. Pete's main beaches are ranked #2 in the nation for 2015 via CNN.
RESTAURANTS AND NIGHTLIFE:
Tastes to satisfy every palate can be found throughout Downtown St. Petersburg's Restaurants. Whether you seek a romantic dinner for two, a memorable fine dining experience, St Petersburg nightlife, or fun for the family, it's all found Downtown.
DOWNTOWN MUSEUMS AND GALLERIES:
From the world-class Salvador Dali Museum, the Chihuly Collection, to smaller galleries featuring local artisans, art and culture are alive in downtown. Take a stroll or ride the trolley during Art Walk on the 2nd Saturday of each month between 5:00-8:30pm. Discover the energy of Downtown St Petersburg Museums, and vibrant art scene.
THE SALVADOR DALI MUSEUM is located 2 miles away and is between Albert Whitted Park and Mahaffey Theatre at One Dalí Blvd, giving the museum a breathtaking view of the Bay. Known as “The Glass Enigma,” this magnificent architectural structure was built primarily to better protect the collection from possible storm damage but, is also a work of art itself. Experience the world's most comprehensive collection of Salvador Dalí's magnificent works of art, the award-winning building, stunning gardens, and authentic tastes of Spain at Café Gala.
TROPICANA BASEBALL STADIUM is home to The Rays and is located 2 miles away. 1.1 million square feet include unique design features and fan amenities found nowhere else in the Major Leagues. The baseball season is now in full swing! Check their website to purchase tickets.
THE SUNDIAL is 3 miles away and is a one-block upscale restaurant and retail entertainment center that includes a Muvico Theater complex. Ruth Chris Steakhouse is located here. Located in the 100 block of Second Ave. N., just a block off Beach Drive.
THE DON CESAR RESORT AND BEACH is located 8 miles away on St. Petersburg Beach. Known as Florida's 'Pink Palace,' the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, facing the white sands of the Gulf of Mexico, was built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle. Born in the Great Gatsby era as a playground for the rich and famous, the iconic “Pink Palace” has been revitalized and refreshed within, ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history.
LOCAL EVENTS in downtown St. Petersburg include the Saturday morning market (Oct - May) that host fresh and organic groceries, custom jewelry, live music, food vendors in a fun artsy environment. On the first Friday of every month, the heart of downtown becomes St. Pete’s biggest block party. First Friday St. Pete is a showcase for the great bands, great drinks, and great food that make us Florida’s most exciting city.
USF and Stetson Law school are also close neighbors.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
In order for your reservation to be locked in we must receive your deposit, a signed copy of the contract and a copy of your driver's license. If a guest needs to cancel their reservation before 90 days of their arrival a 15% processing fee will be charged for their entire amount of their stay.