Ocean House 221 - Sunny Balcony with Ocean and Intracoastal Views
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Crescent Beach condo description
This condo enjoys a large 40 foot south facing balcony with views of the ocean and Intracoastal. To your right watch sailboats cruising the Intracoastal or to your left shrimp boats at sea. The condo is one unit down from the ocean front unit.
Both bedrooms and the living room have large sliding glass doors that open out to the balcony. The balcony is southern facing unit and does not face the pool. As a result it offers a bit more privacy than most in this complex.
Access to the beach and pool is just a few short steps away. The boardwalk to the beach is shorter than most making it easy to get to the dunes set up on the beach. The pool area has two sun decks looking out to the ocean.
From the balcony you can watch the silent commercial airplanes on their coastal flight path leaving contrails high in the sky during the day or track their blinking lights at night.
The unit underwent several improvements in 2012 which included a new coat paint, new linens and new decor. It offers a fresh clean beach themed feel.
The complex has a secure entryway; elevators for those who’d prefer not to climb stairs; luggage carts which make it easier to transport your things to and from the unit; and a full time property manager. The palm tree lined pool area and surrounding grounds lend to a true resort-like feel.
This condo offers a pleasant and quiet environment. It's easy to spend your days relaxing here, enjoying the beach and surrounding grounds. When you don't want to eat-in there are excellent restaurants nearby and St. Augustine is a short car trip away. This condo is a wonderful option as a romantic getaway; for smaller families; or those seeking a peaceful retreat.
This unit is more 'square' in shape versus rectangular which lends to a more spacious feel. In addition to a full time property manager there is also a full time superintendent on staff. This is one of the best deals on Crescent Beach!
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Elevator : There are two elevators serving each wing
- On floor 2
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Living Room seats 5
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Water View
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- The St. Augustine area is wonderful as a romantic getaway or as a place for a fun family vacation. Besides the white sugary sand beach which is just steps from the condo, this condo is just a short car ride to lots of history and attractions. A visit to the Matanzas Inlet will inspire whether the tide is coming in or going out. Near the Matanzas Inlet is the Fort Matanzas National Monument which is just two miles from the condo. It is free to visit and operated by the National Park Service. It includes a short boat ride across the Intracoastal to get to the fort. The area around the docks is teeming with fish and wildlife. There is also a fish camp/bait shop less than a mile to the north of the condo. One of the best restaurants in the area is two miles to the north and The Matanzas Inlet restaurant often offers live music on their patio overlooking the Inlet. Closer to St. Augustine you can enjoy the Alligator Farm - a kids favorite. Kids also love the Black Raven pirate cruise which departs daily out of St. Augustine harbor. Alternatively, more traditional daily scenic cruises depart from the same harbor. The Lightner Museum, Flagler College, the Castillo de San Marcos and St. George's Street are all pleasant places to see in St. Augustine. St. Augustine also has a vibrant restaurant and bar scene. This area boasts some of the best golf courses in the south. The World Golf Hall of Fame and its courses are about a 30 minute drive north on I-95. Further up the coast on the scenic A1A is the TPC Sawgrass at Ponte Vedra, about a 45 minute drive. Twenty minutes to the south is Palm Coast and the daily fee courses at Hammock Beach: The Ocean Course and The Conservatory. This area is home to excellent fishing year round. And the St. Augustine Outlet stores are just 20 minutes north on I-95. There are plenty of things to do nearby but it's easy to find yourself passing the day on the beach or around the pool at the condo. This condo is only 80 miles from the Georgia state line at I-95 , 70 miles from Gainesville and about a 2 hour drive from Orlando....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful relaxing experience
Wonderful relaxing experience
We've been coming to Crescent Beach for years and this unit is now our favorite. We've stayed at nearby complexes and have found the south facing balcony here a real plus, especially when its cooler. It's probably the roomiest condo we've rented. It's a very short walk to the beach. The elevator and enclosed hallway make it easy to bring our belongings and groceries to the condo. We like being able to see both the ocean and the intracoastal from the balcony. Jim the owner is very responsive and easy to work with and the onsite management and maintenance staff are a huge plus. We definitely recommend this condo and plan to be back.
- Guest Dick and Louise W (N. Tonawanda, NY)
- Date of stay 02/07/14
- Review Submitted 02/23/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|EASTER SPECIAL Save $250
Apr 19 - Apr 25, 2014
7 night min stay
May 17 - Jun 27, 2014
7 night min stay
Jun 28 - Jul 4, 2014
7 night min stay
Jul 5 - Aug 16, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Check-in time is normally 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Early check-in possible with prior arrangements. If you will be arriving after hours please let us know so we can make arrangements.
The person who reserved the condo must be the person to check in.
- Cleaning: $75
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $300
- Tax Rate 10%
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Jacksonvile International Airport at 69 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-95 at 8 Miles
Year Purchased: 1978
About: My aunt purchased this condo in the early '80s. I have been coming here since I was boy, spending entire days on the beach with my family. We'd make trips into old St. Augustine and take in the attractions. Today, my wife, two boys and I look forward to our annual week at the beach. As soon as I turn on A1A my mind goes back to all the childhood memories I made here. It's nice to share the legacy of this place with others.
Why Crescent Beach:
Having purchased this condo a few years after moving to Florida, my aunt welcomed her family to share in the magic and secret that is St. Augustine and Crescent Beach. She was scouting condos for my grandparents at the time and came across this complex. She was so impressed with the grounds, the construction, the views (and the elevator!) and its natural beauty, she could not resist owning a little piece of it for herself to share.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
This condo is and Crescent Beach are a hidden gem. This is a low density area and it cannot be developed much more. It literally is on an island. The nature is amazing. Each day you can enjoy the sunrise over the ocean and sunset over the marshy Intracoastal. Florida sunsets here are a watercolor of delight. The condo is on narrow strip of land between the beach and Intracoastal. This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the country in my opinion. Best of all, with St. Augustine close by, there is so much to do for people of all ages and from all walks of life.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from balcony
Morning Sunrise From Balcony
View of complex from beach
Ariel view of complex, first U-shaped building on left
Black Raven Pirate Cruise!
Fort Matanzas - Just 2 miles and a short free boat ride away
View of Intracoastal from public balcony
Sunrise from the boardwalk
St. Augustine Scenic Cruise - Bridge of Lions
Matanzas Inlet - tide coming in
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 23, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.