Tradewinds is a two-bedroom, two-bath cottage located on a small, lushly-landscaped pathway between the bay and Little Gasparilla's beautiful tropical beach. You are immediately greeted with flowering frangipani trees, blooming bouganvillea, many varieties of palms and a glimpse of the bay beyond. The home features a spacious and breezy porch with a table perfect for outdoor dining. The kitchen is new and outfitted with gleaming stainless appliances and is fully equipped for preparing a simple beach feast or a gourmet meal. The living room features lush leather sofas, a flat screen TV and a fully equipped wet bar. The owners have reduced their rates for a monthly rental and this beautiful tropical oasis is the perfect spot to escape a harsh northern winter!
There are two bedrooms on the home's main floor....a master bedroom with a queen bed and an en suite bath with twin sinks and shower. The second bedroom features a bunk bed and an additional twin. The hall bathroom has an additional shower. There is also a washer-dryer in the hallway.
Downstairs, the home is fully decked and features an enclosed open air outdoor shower, a comfy hammock for relaxing in the bay breezes, and a cozy fire pit area, along with a gas grill. It is just a one-minute stroll to the dock where you have access to a dock slip if you wish to rent a boat or a kayak. Walk just a few minutes in the other direction and you can enjoy the pristine private beaches that Little Gasparilla is known for. This home comes with beach chairs and an umbrella for your full enjoyment of the beach.
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day; $8 if you are parking a boat trailer.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock.
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a gas grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• Small pets welcome for stays of TWO WEEKS OR MORE ONLY. The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive. Advanced notice and a non-refundable pet fee of $100 (per pet) is required.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack BUT you have to purchase data AND YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. You can either bring a Verizon card with you OR we can sell you one when we bring over the jetpack. You can buy as much data as you need, but it IS expensive....so we urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. and most people use about 2G of data per week which is $35. 5G is $60 and 10G is $100. (It is sort of like a cruise where you have to pay for the minutes you are on-line.) You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. If you bring a Verizon card with you, we can show you how to add the data. Or, we can pre-add data prior to your arrival but you have to let us know how much you think you will need. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland, and anything that uses up a lot of data will increase your costs. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.