Have you ever slept with the sound of a rushing creek surrounding you as you effortlessly slip off to sleep? Have you experienced the cool mountain breeze in the peak of summer? Do you wish you could find a cabin in a park like setting surrounded by waterfalls within walking distance?
With access to over 700 feet of rushing creek directly from the property, on over 2 acres, and at an elevation of 4,000 feet nestled just below the Blue Ridge Parkway and Waterrock Knob, this is the place for you!
The Sleeping Arrangement:
Bring the whole family. This cabin can sleep 8 comfortably with 2 king sized beds and 2 queen sized beds! This spacious cabin is equipped with 2 master bedrooms, both with en-suite bathrooms. The bedroom down stairs offers a large king sized bed with a cozy reading area overlooking rushing, Hornbuckle Creek. The second bedroom upstairs offers a king sized bed, large walk-in closet, and access to a private deck overlooking the creek. The upstairs loft offers 2 queen sized beds with plenty of space to stretch out or you can sit back and watch a movie. With two separate master bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and a separate loft area, this cabin is ideal for multiple families.
The kitchen is well equipped to make a great family meal (pots and pans, cutlery, all the small gadgets, crock-pot, toaster, coffee maker, electric can opener and mixer). At a cool elevation of 4,000 feet, A/C is typically not needed even during the middle of summer. However, our cabin is equipped with both central A/C and heat. We offer a new Weber gas grill (with all of the grilling utensils) on the deck if you would like to cook outside while relaxing to the soothing sounds of the creek. Gather your family and friends around the fire-pit and relax on those cool mountain evenings. The downstairs offers plenty of seating for gathering by the wood burning fire or snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie on the new (2017) 55 inch flat screen TV. This cabin offers DIRECTV satellite with DVR in the family room. Both master bedrooms are equipped with DIRECTV. There is another flat screen TV in the loft that can be used to play video games for the kids. Both the downstairs and loft TVs are equipped with BluRay / DVD players. WiFi is available at our cabin and included. Guests have access to the very large covered carport that can be used for family reunions, weddings, and other large gatherings.
Our Cabin is located at the end of our road. As a matter of fact, we are the ONLY cabin on our road. This means you have lots of privacy and tons of space to enjoy all to yourself. Despite being nestled in the Plott Balsam mountains at 4,000 feet, there is plenty of level ground to explore. You have access to over 700 feet of creek frontage! That's a lot of cold water splashing, crayfish hunting, cooling off in the creek, fun! There are lots of roads and trails to hike, the only thing you will find behind our property is lush forests and the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are a couple of very pretty waterfalls that you can hike to right off of the property. There is also ample parking. Small pets may be considered. Please feel free to ask us.
Local Property Manager:
We offer a local property manager within the community that can help answer any questions you might have. By request, our property manager can provide several additional services including (but not limited to):
1. Pre-stock cabin with groceries: you may request as little or as many groceries for a service fee of $35. Grocery bill will be due prior to guest departure.
2. Wood delivery: 3 days worth of wood, kindling, newspaper, fire starter, and matches delivered to your doorstep for a flat fee of $35.
Getting to our Cabin:
**Please note: Hemlock Creek Hollow is located 2.6 miles off of Hwy 19 (Soco Road) into the mountain community of Cranberry Falls / Hornbuckle. The road is gravel (not steep) and is very well maintained by our HOA. Detailed driving directions with pictures will be provided as GPS is not fully accurate in the mountains. It is approximately a 15 minute drive to town from our cabin. During the winter months, 4 wheel drive is highly recommended, however, there is no need in other seasons.
For Larger Groups or If Your Preferred Dates are Unavailable:
If you are traveling with more than 8 guests and need 2 cabins for your mountain vacation, we encourage you check out our neighbor's cabin, Running Bear Falls (VRBO #1012178). Running Bear Falls is on the same rushing creek as we are and in a breath taking setting. Running Bear Falls is an approximate 10 minute walk from Hemlock Creek Hollow (or shorter if you follow the creek) and boasts stellar 5 star reviews.
If Hemlock Creek Hollow is not available for your preferred dates, we encourage you to check out Running Bear Falls (VRBO #1012178) as an alternative. We can assure that you will not be disappointed with either option.
Winter Reservations (December 1st through March 31st):
We welcome you to Hemlock Creek Hollow to enjoy winter activities including excellent skiing at Cataloochee Ski Area (which is approximately 10 miles from our cabin). Please note that we have a few special notes regarding booking our cabin during the winter months:
1. We offer a modified cancellation policy based on inclement winter weather. If our local Property Manager deems that the property isn't accessible based on road conditions and your trip must be cancelled, we will offer you a 100% refund. Our Property Manager will closely monitor the weather. The normal cancellation policy applies for all other reservations periods.
2. 4X4 vehicle required if reserving during winter months (4X4 not required for other seasons)
Things to do (a few personal favorites):
1. Take a drive into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park - 17 miles
2. Head up to the Blue Ridge Parkway around sunset to watch the elk graze
3. Driving to and exploring local waterfalls
4. Head up to Waterrock Knob and watch the sunrise or sunset - 7.5 miles
5. Take a drive on Heintooga Ridge Road (absolutely beautiful 28 mile drive on dirt road from Maggie Valley to Cherokee) - 12 miles
6. Biltmore Estate in Asheville - 45 miles
7. Cataloochee Valley for hiking and elk viewing - 28 miles
8. Sliding Rock in the Pisgah National Forest (Google this, the kids will love it!) - 45 miles
9. Horseback riding at Cataloochee Ranch - 9.5 miles
10. Skiing & snowboarding at Cataloochee Ski Area - 10 miles
11. Tube World at Cataloochee Ski Area (right off of Hwy 19 / Soco Road) - 6.6 miles
12. Whitewater rafting on the Natalahala River in Bryson City - 37 miles
13. Train ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railway in Bryson City - 25 miles
14. Try your luck at the Harrah's Cherokee Casino - 13 miles
15. Immerse yourself with Native American culture in the town of Cherokee - 14 miles
16. Visit the Amphitheater in Cherokee and watch "Unto These Hill" Outdoor Drama - 15 miles
17. Hiking, hiking, hiking! Countless trails to hike in the area
18. Gem mining
19. Head over to Gatlinburg for the day - 48 miles