About the property
- House3856 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Walk to the Beach, 6 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Including Separate Studio!
Enjoy this beautiful, unique Mediterranean Villa located near Tamarack Surf Beach and Carlsbad Village! A relaxing Courtyard Fountain welcomes you to an Upscale, Relaxing Oasis.... with Cool Ocean Breezes and Warm Sunshine by your Private Backyard Pool and Waterfall Spa!
* GREAT REVIEWS! Check out the reviews posted on this site from dozens of our past guests. Our family has personally operated this property for more than 6 years, and is committed to making your visit an enjoyable, memorable experience!
* EXCELLENT VACATION LOCATION! A quick 6-block walk to the beautiful Tamarack Surf Beach... with lifeguards, boardwalk, restaurants, equipment rentals, restrooms, clean sand, and mid-size waves plus Coastal Rail Trail bike path! CARLSBAD VILLAGE just 1 mile away. Near Legoland, Del Mar Racetrack, Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, Gaslamp San Diego, and more! Even Disneyland is just a 1 hour drive away.
*PRIVATE BACKYARD POOL, SPA and LAWN! Pool features steps into shallow end, waterfall spa, and secure, private backyard location, with spacious grassy lawn and locking side gates. Gas BBQ Grill, 3 lounge chairs and 2 separate dining areas are located poolside. We provide lots of beach and pool toys, cooler, chairs, several body boards, and 2 beach cruiser bicycles for guests' enjoyment! No separate pool fence provided. Additional charges apply to heat the large pool, with advance notice to the Owner.
* SPACIOUS SLEEPING AREAS: There are 9 beds available in 6 separate bedrooms, plus 2 premium quality Aerobeds! The house measures over 3,850 square feet, including a 600 sf studio with both separate and connected entrances. Contact the Owner for a detailed description of bedroom and bathroom areas.
* COMFY FAMILY ROOM! The 55" Smart TV connects to the high speed WiFi internet, 3 newer overstuffed couches, gas fireplace, and cable channels for your entertainment!
* BRIGHT OPEN KITCHEN! Table for 8 next to the kitchen looks out to the pool. Lots of granite counterspace including island with sink, double oven, double sink, cooktop with vent, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, glasses, utensils, cookware and more! Owners may be able to provide special kitchen items if requested in advance.
* SEPARATE FORMAL DINING ROOM! Granite table top with 6 chairs looks out to the backyard lawn area. Additional seating for 8 next to kitchen, plus 2 poolside tables and folding table with 4 chairs also available.
* GRAND SPIRAL STAIRCASE! Gorgeous entryway featuring tall iron and glass doors, cathedral ceilings, spiral staircase, slate floors and marble steps! An excellent spot for family photos.
* WINE CAVE! Under the spiral staircase with slots for wine glasses and refrigerator to chill your favorite vintages! (or a fun kiddie jail!)
* RELAXING LIVING ROOM features a second gas fireplace, 2 newer love seats, coffee table and lots of natural light!
* AMPLE FREE PARKING! Attached 3-car garage available for guest use, plus 3 or 4 additional cars can park in driveway, and curbside parking with no permit requirement. "Oversized vehicles" require a City permit for street parking up to 72 hours. (Contact Owner at least a week before arrival to request an RV permit.)
* WELCOME BINDER PROVIDED! ...with local directions, home instructions, restaurant suggestions and brochures to many local attractions!
* THIS HOME IS NOT TO BE USED AS A VENUE FOR LOUD, ROWDY PARTIES! This home is in a residential neighborhood and the City's "Good Neighbor Guidelines" must be followed, including restrictions on noise levels between 10:00pm and 8:00am. Calls from neighbors or police may result in security deposit deductions. Our guests have enjoyed birthday celebrations, retreats, holiday gatherings, family reunions, team events, and other group visits at this home, while following these restrictions. We can provide referrals for caterers, chefs, equipment rentals, and more. Guests must pay for these separately and assume all liability for hiring such companies. Upon request, we can also decorate for holidays with items like a Christmas tree and exterior lights.
*Email Owner to Request Alternative Payment Methods or Rate Discounts!
* LOCAL FAMILY MANAGEMENT! Our family personally manages this rental home and is available locally to assist you. There is no impersonal property management company involved. For a smaller space, see our 3-bedroom + den vacation home at www.vrbo.com/132855.
* City of Carlsbad Short-Term Vacation Rental Permit #VR-1241177
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 17, 2018
About Cyndi Bausch
My husband and I are Southern California natives and enjoy managing this vacation rental home, and remodeling and selling homes nearby. (I'm a licensed real estate broker.) We live locally and are happy to help our guests enjoy Carlsbad and nearby attractions!
Cyndi Bausch purchased this House in 2007
Why Cyndi Bausch chose Carlsbad
We love the beauty and calming effects of the beaches nearby, and the sunny weather is the best anywhere! The backyard pool, spa, BBQ, dining areas and grassy lawn make this the perfect family celebration spot. We grew up in Southern California and love it here!
What makes this House unique
The Mediterrenean style of the property is truly unique and fun! The furnishings were recently remodeled ... and the location is excellent... near the beach, Carlsbad Village, Legoland, shopping, restaurants, golf courses, racetrack, Sea World, parks and so many more attractions. The spacious open rooms allow the family to enjoy time together.... yet provide several relaxing getaway areas.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Mediterranean Villa Beach Getaeeay
This was my first experience renting a house and it was so satisfactory that I will do it again. The property was in good condition when we arrived and it was equipped with anything we we needed plus some. I loved the location , I walked
to the beach and the village.
Cyndi communicated with me to make sure our stay was going well.
Everything we needed!
Quiet home, well stocked, superior pre and post weekend communication with manager, clean, spacious.... the amazing list goes on. Thank you! We will definitely rent this home again.
Such a great stay!
We just spent the last week in Carlsbad and had such a great time. We were a group of five couples/families and there was tons of space for all of us. The kids loved the bunk bed room and the pool (even though it was unseasonably cold!). The adults loved the well stocked house and the hot tub. Great location, easy walk to beach and town, easy access to freeway, coffee shops and grocery stores nearby. The kitchen was the most well stocked of any vacation house we’ve ever rented. We’d happily come back in a second!
Very spacious accommodation, clean, great location, and owner was great to work with!
This place was perfect for our large family gathering! The owner, Cynthia was accessible, trusting, quick to reply and very easy to work with! The place was very clean, had great space with tons of towels and everything we needed for the beach. The pool and hot tub was fun and easy to heat with some time. We loved being so close to the beach at a very reasonable price! I will be back!
Wonderful Location, Fantastic Customer Service!!!
My husband and I got married in early February and rented this house to be closer to our wedding venue. Cyndi was wonderful to work with from beginning to end! She’s kind, courtesy, efficient, responsive and incredibly helpful. She allowed us to tour the house twice, once before we booked and once after so that we could make our arrangements. We’re so grateful to have found this amazing rental! The house had everything we needed. We will definitely stay here again and will refer our family and friends here!!
Awesome get-away in our own back yard!!
Our large family needed a place to gather for a special weekend together. This home was a short 30 minute drive from our neck of the woods, but we felt totally removed from all our daily stresses, a total retreat! There was plenty of room for all in this beautifully appointed home and the pool and jacuzzi were wonderful! The beach in Carlsbad was a mere 10 minute walk, so easy to enjoy.
Thank you so much for an amazing stay at this memorable property. We'll be back!! :)
Live music, nightlife, restaurants, shopping, antiques, park with tot lot, beach enjoyment... all within one mile. So many more activities are just a short walk or drive away!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
*Quoted rates are valid only for the upcoming 12 months. For dates past 12 months, please contact the Owner. *Email Owner to Request Alternative Payment Methods or Rate Discounts *Rates shown do not include 10% City tax, $250 cleaning fee, $1,000 refundable security deposit, 2.9% CC payment processing, and optional pool heating fee. No fee for spa heat. *For reservations greater than 60 days in advance: $1,000 refundable security deposit due at reservation, first 50% of rent/fees due 6 months before arrival, final 50% of rent/fees due 60 days before arrival, if Owner is paid directly. *Additional $500 Special Event Fee for one-day events including more than 25 guests, allowed at Owner's discretion. *Guests must complete and return the Rental Agreement provided by the owner and photo ID copy before the reservation is considered confirmed. *Published rates may fluctuate without notice due to demand and other factors. Quoted rates are subject to change until your reservation is confirmed.