***LakeSmart Awarded***Private waterfront. Roomy, completely renovated, very clean and nicely furnished lakefront cottage. Large yard slopes gently to the water's edge. Dramatic vaulted master bedroom has a 2nd private entrance to bathroom with neo-angle shower. Well-equipped maple kitchen with granite island/bar, dishwasher, self-cleaning range, large refrigerator/freezer. Twin beds in 2nd bedroom can be made into a king-size bed. All linens, dishes and kitchen utensils are provided.
Enjoy spectacular sunsets from the deck, sun room, great room or master bedroom sitting area. Walk to a beaver pond & dam in the woods. Enjoy a separate cozy playhouse/studio getaway. Play horseshoes. Relax on lawn chairs or at the waterfront picnic table. No wood to haul! There is a gas fireplace with thermostatically controlled heat. Canoe and kayak rentals available or bring your own boat...a boat launch is nearby. Ideal for couples looking for a romantic lakeside vacation.
Located on a quiet country paved road minutes from charming Downtown Damariscotta, this is the place to relax and enjoy nature with the security of knowing that amenities are nearby.
Each Summer Fall and Spring Season has its own rewards:
Relax by the lakeside shaded picnic area, Sunbathe on the float, in the peaceful field, or on the deck.
Snuggle inside the cottage beside the gas fireplace/stove on the comfortable love seat.
Enjoy beautiful spring & fall wildflower walks along the quiet roadside, along wooded paths and streams.
Paddle along the lakeshore or into pristine rivers with a variety of aquatic animals.
Watch for eagles, blue heron, loons and other colorful birds.
OR: enjoy the many museums, antique shops, amusement areas, cruises and boutiques that are open from Memorial Day to Columbus Day.
A Family's joy!
* 'This house was perfect for us! It worked out very well for our children who really enjoyed themselves. The 'info-binders' were our bible for the week. A great idea! Our son and daughter enjoyed seeing the horses every day. Thanks for your hospitality.'
* 'We are in vacation heaven. What a great cottage, what a great area to visit. Hope to see you next year too!'
* 'It was just what we were looking for! Peace, quiet and seclusion, comfortable house and great weather'
* 'Thank you for letting us stay in such a lovely house- what a wonderful setting on the lake! We love the open space, all green and sunny, and had many dips in the lake-lovely and cool, but not freezing. This is our second year on Biscay Pond and we look forward to coming again. Can't beat the wonderful Pemaquid scenery, good food and friendly people.'
* 'We had one of our best vacations ever in this beautiful spot. Your home was bright, fresh & extremely comfortable.'
A poem from a guest
It's Saturday and to our dismay
We must take leave from Cottage Biscay
It's been a week of non-stop fun,
Biking, boating and lying in the sun!
Our hosts Karl & Mary were simply great
And our kids enjoyed staying up late!
We'll miss the lonely cry of the loon
And the warm pond that beckoned -
morning night and noon!
Even as we load up the car,
We watch the animals, Sandy and Star.
As we close up the cottage and shut the door
We can't wait to come back in 2004!
Keywords: cottage, cabin, camp, home, waterfront, lake, dock, float,swim,fish, kayak, boat, bike, hike, bike,paddle,shop, dine. Clean,affordable, comfortable, spacious, nicely furnished,peaceful, spacious,camp,housekeeping
LakeSmart Award winner!!!!