About the property
- Cottage1760 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
4 Bedrooms Plus Loft. Sleeps 12+. Water Access To Silver Lake. Association Pool
New cottage. Built in 2014. 4 BRs. 2 Baths.
* Open floor plan with plenty of room for cooking, dining, or just relaxing.
* Located on Hunter Creek: boat access to Silver Lake (for boats under 19’); very close to the sand dune entrance; walking distance to downtown Silver Lake.
* Access to association playground and a very nice swimming POOL (when available).
* 2 kayaks and a canoe also included.
* Very family friendly!!
- DVD player
- Cable TV
- Wireless internet (WiFi)
- Gas grill
- Dock space for your boat or PWC
- Onsite Parking
- Central air/heat
- One bedroom downstairs with queen bed
- One bedroom upstairs with queen bed
- Two bedrooms upstairs with bunk beds, both twin-over-full
- Futon bed in upstairs landing
- Second floor washer and dryer
- Two bathrooms with tub/shower units
- Kitchen is fully equipped with full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes, crock pot, coffee maker, pancake griddle, toaster and more.
- Blankets, comforters, sheets, kitchen towels and pillows all supplied.
- High-chair available upon request
In-Season Activities and Attractions of Silver Lake, Michigan:
- Craig's Cruisers (go-carts, mini golf, ZIP line, bumper boats, more)
- Bumper cars
- Watercraft, canoe, scooter, jeep and dune-buggy rental
- State Parks
- Historic Little Sable Lighthouse
- Mac Woods Dune Rides
- West Michigan Sand Drag Raceway
- Lake Michigan and Silver Lake Beaches
- Grace Adventure Camp
- Rainbow Ranch Horseback Riding
- Shopping, Pizza, Restaurants, Grocery, Ice cream
- Pentwater 10 mins away (boat launch/access to Lake Michigan from Pentwater)
- Ludington 20 mins away
- Michigan Adventure Theme and Water Park 30 mins away
- Double JJ Ranch 25 mins away (horseback riding; indoor water park open year-round)
You will find more than enough to do in a week's time!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
Hello. My name is Jon. My wife and I live in Grand Rapids, about an hour and half away from our cottage. We built this cottage for ourselves, as a vacation place to get away from Grand Rapids every now and then. We are excited to be able to rent the cottage out and allow others to experience the beauty of this area and the fun and excitement of the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and surrounding areas.
Jon purchased this Cottage in 2014
Why Jon chose Mears
If you've been to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes area before, you already know how amazing it is up here. If you haven't, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. From the inland lakes, to the beautiful Lake Michigan. There are the sand dunes, the restaurants, the light houses, and so much more. If you're anything like us, once you visit, you won't be able to get enough.
What makes this Cottage unique
We purchased this land because we wanted lake access to Silver Lake and it was a prime location when it became available. And after a few years of sketching floor plans as a hobby, we finally had the one we wanted to build. I think you will appreciate the layout of the cottage, as well as the peaceful waterfront view.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Beautiful home and very accommodating!!!
This home was super nice, we had 12 Adults and 2 Children and we all fit in the house very comfortably, inside and out. Being right on the canal was awesome, with the canoe and kayaks we were able to go straight out to Silver Lake all the way to the dunes and hang out on the shore. If you don't want to paddle, the entrance to the dunes is about a 20-25 min walk or less than 5 min drive. The house has pretty much everything you need, anything we forgot they seemed to have. Its also a short drive away (less than 5 minutes) from all of the shops and amusement in the area. Jon was quickly responsive to any questions or concerns we had and very easy to work with. Coming back every year was decided definitively by all of the guests on our trip.
The owner Jon was very easy to work with. He was available via text anytime we had a question. Everything was as described and we had a great stay. He even had an air line for airing up tires after being in the dunes. Would definately rent from again!
We love this house, the owners are so nice to work with! The house had a nice open floor plan, and is really nice over all, this was our 2nd time staying at this house and we cant wait to stay again!!:)
Amazing Get Away
We stayed at Jon's house for a board retreat weekend - this is actually our second time here. The layout was perfect, beds comfortable, and common areas perfect for hanging out/planning. They have a great closet filled with games to entertain. The view of the stream that flows into Silver Lake is so pretty. We watched the ducks float up and down it all day, and we also had a visit from a deer. Since we rented in winter, there are a few extra steps ( like turning on the water)- Jon walked us through it, sent pictures, and was very responsive to any questions we had throughout the weekend and planning process!! This is our second year here, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a nice weekend get-away: spring, summer, fall or even in the COLD of WINTER!
Very Nice - Highly recommend
Fun being on the river with kayaks right there. Excellent location for sand dunes. Fire pit was great. Nice views. Excellent, fair, responsive owner. Would prefer to pay a cleaning fee than have to clean house and wash bedding...for a 2 day rental is way too much work.
House was very nice. Good view and close to town. Jon was very easy to work with. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again!
We are located right up the street from the Silver Lake Sand Dunes State Park, where you can hike to Lake Michigan, or drive your ATV on the sand dunes.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
There are no cleaning fees. The cottage must be cleaned prior to checkout, and left in the same condition as it was found.