About the property
- Lodge1000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 5 nights
2 Bedrooms, 2 Ensuite Baths, Decks on the River
- RiverDance Lodge : We are happy to offer you the perfect location. A fine riverfront home in the heart of the Smokies, near numerous waterfalls. Well positioned for spending time indoors or outdoors, enjoying the Smoky Mts, exploring the Cullasaja River Gorge, and relaxing by the river.
- Relax on the shaded deck, always a cool breeze.
- Easy to find, paved to the door. It is heated and air conditioned, and available for rental all year. Each season has its charm and appeal.
- Our rates are very competitive for the vacation that awaits you, 24% lower than competition!. Book it now before peak season rates go up.
- Riverfront living with 300 ft frontage upstream on the Cullasaja River, up to 80 ft across here. Shallow enough for kids to play safely, under parental control. Great mountain views are common as you come and go to the store, or restaurant, etc, but prime riverfront is rare.
- Fishing, and tubing fun, after the falls, when conditions permit, at your own risk.
- Quiet, except for the river, and the geese. Please do not disturb wildlife, or allow dogs to chase them, or they will quit returning.
- Enjoy a morning coffee on the deck, with the ever changing river rolling along its joyous way. Relax with the rocker, or view the river from the oversize patio door.
- All of the comforts of the city, yet a relaxed mountain country atmosphere. The murmur of the river will lull you to dreamland, awaken to the songbirds, with beautiful views of the river, and forested hills beyond. Ducks, geese, and sometimes a beaver, frequent our section of the river.
- Its perfect for two couples, or a family with some kids. It sleeps 4 easily, with 2 bedrooms with ensuite baths, and a new queen sleeper sofa by Ashley. Just added a leather loveseat.
- Give the correct number of guests before booking, and do not invite others without the owner's prior approval.
- For larger groups both units could be booked, total of 4br and 3 baths - will sleep7, 4 car max.
- We provide a new 12x12 screen house to play beside the river.
- Lay back on the new double hammock, enjoy the day. .
- Picnic or sit around the fire near the river. There is a picnic table, with two portable benches, next to the fire ring. Guests may use dead wood found on property, or buy firewood at Walmart Super Store nearby, Bilo or Ingles Supermarket.
- A new gas log fireplace was just installed. Have a cozy fire by just clicking the remote! Over the fireplace is 'Mountain Paradise' by Thomas Kinkade.
- Try our virtual fireplace dvd on large flat screen tv, shot in HD, with all of the ambiance and sounds of a fire, or music to fit any mood or season, without the heat.
- Fall and winter offer a relaxing indoor experience. Its warm and cozy. The entertainment center has a large flat-screen tv, connected to satellite dish, and to the internet, where we share NetFlix movies, plus Smart TV Box.
- Bedroom facing river has a new LCD TV with Smart Box on Wifi.
- We have added Dish Movie Pack, plus HBO, and Cinemax, over 35 of extra channels of endless movies and entertainment.
- The Smoky Mts are a rain forest, recycling the same water for ages, Dawn raises the misty water vapor, like smoke. Most days are sunny, and the rain clouds condense against the flanks of the cool mountains of evening, making the creeks and rivers run.
- There are countless varieties of birds here, that disappeared from many other regions decades ago. Often the trails are as a tunnel thru rhododendrons or mountain laurel. The forests also are made up of many species of tree. In the fall the mountains come alive with vivid colors. Hummingbirds often come to the deck feeder.
- We are dedicated with making sure that our guests have a relaxing good time, and experience as much as possible of the fun and scenery of this special place.
- There are lots of fun activities in this area. Try your hand at sifting river gravels for rubies, sapphires, and garnets, at the Cherokee or Sheffield Mines. Drive to the top of mile-high Wayah Bald, for long-range views, and climb to the top of the old fire tower. Drive to Bryson City, take the steam train to river rafting.
- There are numerous marked trails for hiking, alone, or with a group. Rock Shops and antique stores abound.
- We can help provide maps and brochures for the many scenic sites and attractions in the region. Info left in cabin.
- Ask us about directions to our special places!
- Nearby Cliffside Lake Recreation Area to swim, fish, and hike
- The property is at near 2100 feet elevation, warm days and cool nights, without the severity of being higher.
- Try your luck at the Harrah Casino in Cherokee or Murphy. Spend a fun day at Standing Indian Campgrounds, or visiting Bavarian Helen, or Tallulah Falls.
- The road to the home is scenic highway 28/64, take a drive to Highlands, Cashiers, or Dillard. The waterfalls are along this road. Nearby are Cullasaja Falls, Dry Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Quarry Falls, Whitewater Falls, and Glen Falls. Biltmore Mansion is just over 1.5 hour away.
- Dollywood Theme Parks, with Splash Country Water Park is only 45 miles away, with scenic highway.
- Be sure to see the Great Smoky Mts National Park, and take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, also a national park, a short ways north.
* LISTED IS THE UPPER HALF OF A DUPLEX.
*** Best Value = Unbeatable Rates! ***
- $60 Cleaning Fee.
- Parking for 2 cars max, no rv or trailer
- $150 Refundable Security Deposit
- 4 Night Minimum winter, 2 nights other seasons.
- In 4pm, Out 12 Noon.
- Our Loyal returning guests, who post an acceptable review each stay, remain eligible for 5% Discount!
- For larger groups, both units 4/3 can be booked, sleeps7, 4 car max.
- Until confirmed, rates can change at anytime.
- Holidays may require a week booking
- Pets are welcome, tell us upfront, there is a pet fee.
THINGS TO SEE AND DO :
- The Greenway offers a walk along the Little Tennessee River of nearly five miles, a mountain bike trail, picnic shelters, playgrounds, disc golf, a boat ramp, canoe put-in, fishing spots, historic bridges, interesting flora and fauna, and things to be discovered.
- Several Waterfalls within 10 mile
- We provide Floats, to 'Tube' the river, when conditions permit.
- Discoverfranklinnc com Map
- Cliffside Lake Recreation Area
- Sequoyah Lake, Dam, and Falls near Highlands
- For high adventure try the thrilling ziplines at highlands aerial park.
- The Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts
- FRANKLIN LANES AND SKATE, also has pool tables and lounge.
- Historic Franklin and Nikwasi Mound - 3 miles
- Ruby mining - 8 miles
- Cherokee Harrah Casino - 20 miles, or Murphy Casino
- Great Smoky Mts NP - 25 miles
- Blueridge Parkway NP - 20 miles
- Bryson City Great Smoky Mt Railroad - 20 miles
- Nantahala River Rafting - 20 miles
- Biltmore Mansion Asheville - 50 miles
- Tallulah Falls and Park - 30 miles
- Nantahala Hiking Club offers local Hikes. The Appalachian Trail and the Bartram Trail are nearby.
- Biking on the 5 mile Greenway, or try the Swinging Bridge Bike Trail.
- Chunky Gal Riding Stables or Dillard House Stables
- Enjoy a day on Lake Glenville, surrounded by beautiful mountains. Visit Andrews Park, swim, fish, picnic, incredible scenery.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, mandarin
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 26, 2018
About Michael White
We retired to this wonderland, and are pleased to share it with others.
Michael White purchased this Lodge in 2012
Why Michael White chose Ellijay
We chose this area due to its great climate, awesome mountain views, waterfalls all down the scenic road, sweet water, many hiking trails, and gemstone mining. Riverfront living at its finest! It has modern conveniences, set in a rural mountain area, small town country feel Relaxed, and laidback.
What makes this Lodge unique
Ideally located in the Nantahala National Forest, and the Cullasaja river gorge. This property has easy access, with prime river frontage, with great views from almost every window, and extensive decks. Cabin is off of Scenic highway 64, with several Waterfalls near the road.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great place, great location
The cabin was very comfortable, especially for us who don’t eat out all the time. There were spices, cleaners, paper towels, etc. watching the river was very uplifting. Even though it was too cold to enjoy the porch to its potential, we loved the view. It was so close to everything as well, no long and scary rides up the mountain, no isolation.
We loved it!
The cabin is beautiful, a perfect size, in a perfect location, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.
We Wish the Cabin Was Ours!
My husband and I spent 2 nights at Riverdance Lodge with another couple. The cabin completely met our expectations. The location was convenient to everything we had planned, the cabin was clean and well stocked with everything we could have needed and our deposit was returned within the time frame noted in the rental information. We all enjoyed our coffee on the deck overlooking the river and even found ourselves out there again after we had come back in for the evening. There were guests in the unit downstairs, but they were not a problem as we never heard or saw them. If you are looking for a 5-star luxury hotel-type experience, you need to look elsewhere. If you are looking for cozy accommodations with all of the comforts of home, I recommend you give Riverdance a try. We all left wishing the cabin belonged to us!
Nice place with beautiful view.
The house was very clean. Had all linens and everything you need in kitchen. Beautiful view from porch. Only concern was the front of property is very close to road. It was a concern because we brought our dogs. However, The dogs really loved the big space and steam in back!
Great location on the river
We enjoyed our stay in the upper unit of the house. It had everything we needed and was perfect for our dogs since there was no carpet. The sliding doors going out to the deck was a nice outdoor area to barbecue or sit and enjoy the river at the back of the property. The only negative was the renters downstairs spent their days on the lower deck and talked constantly, so it was impossible to have peace and quiet on our deck with people underneath us.
Guests are aware that they are booking a unit of a duplex from the start. It is unfair to downgrade the property because they hear others talking from the deck below.
We must get 5 star reviews to stay competitive in this market. No other property on the river in this prime location, offers so much at such a low rate.
We visited with our 6 year old and 8 month old. The house was clean and very homey. We all felt at home right away. The kids slept very well and never had an issue. The entire house felt very spacious. The deck was a wonderful place to let the kids play while we made dinner. We really enjoyed the fire pit for making smores and the tubes for exploring the river. There is so much to do in the area that we will definitely be back.
Located at Franklin, NC in the heart of the Smokies. Our riverfront property has a prime location just a few miles from several waterfalls. Short drive to Great Smoky Mts NP, Cherokee and its casino, river rafting, and the Biltmore mansion, America's largest home. Each season has its magic and charm.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- Rates can change at any time until booked. - Be sure to tell upfront the correct number of guests, and if a pet will be brought. - Please do not leave the door open, mice and bugs will enter. - No refunds are given if breach of lease forces early departure.