Best of Smokies - Riverfront, Waterfalls, Unforgetable - Got it All - Reduced!(49 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-5 nights
- Property type:Lodge
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 2 Ensuite Baths, Decks on the River
- Relax on the shaded deck, always a cool breeze.
- Easy to find, paved to the door. It is heated and air conditioned, and available for rental all year. Each season has its charm and appeal.
- Our rates are very competitive for the vacation that awaits you, 24% lower than competition!. Book it now before peak season rates go up. Booking and Service Fees go to Homeaway, not the owner.
- Riverfront living with 300 ft frontage upstream on the Cullasaja River, up to 80 ft across here. Shallow enough for kids to play safely, under parental control. Great mountain views are common as you come and go to the store, or restaurant, etc, but prime riverfront is rare.
- Quiet, except for the river, and the geese. Please do not disturb wildlife, or allow dogs to chase them, or they will quit returning.
- All of the comforts of the city, yet a relaxed mountain country atmosphere. The murmur of the river will lull you to dreamland, awaken to the songbirds, with beautiful views of the river, and forested hills beyond. Ducks, geese, and sometimes a beaver, frequent our section of the river.
- Its perfect for two couples, or a family with some kids. It sleeps 4 easily, with 2 bedrooms with ensuite baths, and a new queen sleeper sofa by Ashley. Just added a leather loveseat.
- Give the correct number of guests before booking, and do not invite others without the owner's prior approval.
- For larger groups both units could be booked, total of 4br and 3 baths - will sleep 8, 4 car max. Contact owner.
- We provide a new 12x12 screen house to play beside the river.
- Lay back on the new double hammock, enjoy the day. .
- Picnic or sit around the fire near the river. There is a picnic table, with two portable benches, next to the fire ring. Guests may use dead wood found on property, or buy firewood at Walmart Super Store nearby, Bilo or Ingles Supermarket.
- A new gas log fireplace was just installed. Have a cozy fire by just clicking the remote! Over the fireplace is 'Mountain Paradise' by Thomas Kinkade.
- Try our virtual fireplace dvd on large flat screen tv, shot in HD, with all of the ambiance and sounds of a fire, or music to fit any mood or season, without the heat.
- Fall and winter offer a relaxing indoor experience. Its warm and cozy. The entertainment center has a large flat-screen tv, connected to satellite dish, and to the internet, where we share NetFlix movies, plus Smart TV Box.
- Bedroom facing river has a new LCD TV with Smart Box, that captures unlimited movies and tv programs from the internet, use parental discretion.
- The Smoky Mts are a rain forest, recycling the same water for ages, Dawn raises the misty water vapor, like smoke. Most days are sunny, and the rain clouds condense against the flanks of the cool mountains of evening, making the creeks and rivers run.
- There are countless varieties of birds here, that disappeared from many other regions decades ago. Often the trails are as a tunnel thru rhododendrons or mountain laurel. The forests also are made up of many species of tree. In the fall the mountains come alive with vivid colors. Hummingbirds often come to the deck feeder.
- We are dedicated with making sure that our guests have a relaxing good time, and experience as much as possible of the fun and scenery of this special place.
- There are lots of fun activities in this area. Try your hand at sifting river gravels for rubies, sapphires, and garnets, at the Cherokee or Sheffield Mines. Drive to the top of mile-high Wayah Bald, for long-range views, and climb to the top of the old fire tower. Drive to Bryson City, take the steam train to river rafting.
- There are numerous marked trails for hiking, alone, or with a group. Rock Shops and antique stores abound.
- We can help provide maps and brochures for the many scenic sites and attractions in the region. Info left in cabin.
- Ask us about directions to our special places!
- Nearby Cliffside Lake Recreation Area to swim, fish, and hike
- The property is at near 2100 feet elevation, warm days and cool nights, without the severity of being higher.
- Try your luck at the Harrah Casino in Cherokee or Murphy. Spend a fun day at Standing Indian Campgrounds, or visiting Bavarian Helen, or Tallulah Falls.
- The road to the home is scenic highway 28/64, take a drive to Highlands, Cashiers, or Dillard. The waterfalls are along this road. Nearby are Cullasaja Falls, Dry Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Whitewater Falls, and Glen Falls. Biltmore Mansion is just over an hour away.
- Be sure to see the Great Smoky Mts National Park, and take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, also a national park, a short ways north.
* LISTED IS THE UPPER HALF OF A DUPLEX.
*** Best Value = Unbeatable Rates! ***
- $60 Cleaning Fee.
- Parking for 2 cars max, no rv or trailer
- $150 Refundable Security Deposit
- 4 Night Minimum winter, 2 nights other seasons.
- In 4pm, Out 12 Noon.
- Our Loyal returning guests, who post an acceptable review each stay, remain eligible for 5% Discount!
- Ask Owner about availability, Lower 2/1 unit is listed elsewhere, - often vacant. For larger groups, both units 4/3 can be booked, sleeps 8, 4 car max.
- Until confirmed, rates can change at anytime.
- Holidays may require a week booking
- Pets are welcome, tell us upfront, there is a pet fee.
THINGS TO SEE AND DO :
- The Greenway offers a walk along the Little Tennessee River of nearly five miles, a mountain bike trail, picnic shelters, playgrounds, disc golf, a boat ramp, canoe put-in, fishing spots, historic bridges, interesting flora and fauna, and things to be discovered.
- Several Waterfalls within 10 mile
- We provide Floats, to 'Tube' the river, when conditions permit.
- Cliffside Lake Recreation Area
- Sequoyah Lake, Dam, and Falls near Highlands
- For high adventure try the thrilling ziplines at highlands aerial park.
- The Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts
- FRANKLIN LANES AND SKATE, also has pool tables and lounge.
- discoverfranklinnc dot com
- Historic Franklin and Nikwasi Mound - 3 miles
- Ruby mining - 8 miles
- Cherokee Harrah Casino - 20 miles, or Murphy Casino
- Great Smoky Mts NP - 25 miles
- Blueridge Parkway NP - 20 miles
- Bryson City Great Smoky Mt Railroad - 20 miles
- Nantahala River Rafting - 20 miles
- Biltmore Mansion Asheville - 50 miles
- Tallulah Falls and Park - 30 miles
- Nantahala Hiking Club offers local Hikes. The Appalachian Trail and the Bartram Trail are nearby.
- Biking on the 5 mile Greenway, or try the Swinging Bridge Bike Trail.
- Chunky Gal Riding Stables or Dillard House Stables
- Enjoy a day on Lake Glenville, surrounded by beautiful mountains. Visit Andrews Park, swim, fish, picnic, incredible scenery.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Children Welcome
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 20 - May 14, 2017
2 night min stay
May 15 - Nov 14, 2017
2 night min stay
Nov 15 - Mar 19, 2018
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $30 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $150
- Cleaning Fee $60 + tax
- Tax Rate 9.75%
- Rates can change at any time until booked.
- Be sure to tell upfront the correct number of guests, and if a pet will be brought.
- No refunds are given if breach of lease forces early departure.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Located in the heart of the smokies. Our riverfront property has a prime location just a few miles from several waterfalls. Short drive to Great Smoky Mts NP, Cherokee and its casino, river rafting, and the Biltmore mansion, America's largest home. Each season has its magic and charm.
Year Purchased: 2012
About: We retired to this wonderland, and are pleased to share it with others.
Why Franklin, NC, USA:
We chose this area due to its great climate, awesome mountain views, waterfalls all down the scenic road, sweet water, many hiking trails, and gemstone mining. Riverfront living at its finest! It has modern conveniences, set in a rural mountain area, small town country feel Relaxed, and laidback.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
Ideally located in the Nantahala National Forest, and the Cullasaja river gorge. This property has easy access, with prime river frontage, with great views from almost every window, and extensive decks. Cabin is off of Scenic highway 64, with several Waterfalls near the road.
- Primary: +1 8283320852
- Secondary: +1 828-332-0852
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
short walk from parking lot Dry Falls
upper unit, on level with parking
new double hammock to relax by the river
New San Lucas Queen Sleeper Sofa by Ashley
walk under Dry Falls
Dillard House Stables
Art : Thomas Kinkaid 'Mountain Paradise'
new frig with ice maker
Previous Fall Colors from the back yard
All ready for you! Watch the ducks and geese, or have a picnic or fire.
new comfy loveseat gives plenty of lounge space
Ask us about this special place, with several lesser known waterfalls.
mbr overlooks river, ensuite bath, tv
has attached full bath
Biltmore Mansion at Asheville
There are several white water rafting companies along the Nantahala River gorge.
new river floats added
Hummingbirds frequent the deck feeder
300 ft riverfront
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.