About the property
- Cottage1000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay7 - 14 nights
Two Bedroom One Bathroom Oceanview Cottage
Maui County Rental permit - STPH 2013/0024
Fabulous views, privacy and quiet were foremost for us in choosing where to build our dream home in Hawaii. We looked for several years before finding this special Maui hilltop location on the side of the volcano. The guest cottage is nestled into a private setting, with no close neighbors, plenty of privacy and an ocean view to the east, and Healeakala view to the side. The main house sits at the top of the hill, but does not interfere with the privacy of the cottage.
We aspired not to a tailored gated community but rather to a feeling of informality in a serene, natural more rural setting. It was also important to us to be free as possible from the noise arising from airports, close neighbors and road traffic. Our 2 ½ acres feels secluded, and we hear the birds and the breeze rather than road noise.
We chose Maui's north shore because our family is very active in sporting activities, and we manage to surf, windsurf, kite board, boogie board, snorkel, stand-up paddle, fish, and run (in the pineapple fields). Our location is reasonably central so that trips to Makawao and to the top of Haleakala volcano, to Hana, to Makena or to Lahaina are all easy.
The guest cottage is set part of the way up the long driveway, in its own private area, and faces to the east, with an ocean view and full Haleakala view in the distance. The cottage has two bedrooms (queen, 2 twins which can be made up as king), one bathroom, spacious living room, full kitchen, TV/DVD/Stereo, high speed wireless internet, covered deck, outdoor furniture and gas BBQ. AND…. A large private hot-tub.
Aloha! We are delighted that you are considering this property for your vacation lodging. We are sure that you would enjoy this lovely vacation home.
This property has a vacation rental permit issued by the County of Maui, and is subject to the rules and restrictions imposed by the County for all short term rental homes. Please understand that we would be unable to accept a rental that does not agree to abide by these rules. Note: properties without a short term rental permit are subject to closure by the County.
1. Neighbors - Please be considerate of our neighbors. Noise carries easily to their homes, particularly in the evening. NO loud music, NO parties, NO amplified sound of any nature at any time. Many neighbors must be up early in the morning to go to work, and it's important that your use of this property does not impact them in any way.
2. Quiet Hours - Quiet time is from 9pm to 8am.
3. Use of the Property - Additional friends/family CANNOT be invited to the property and it cannot be used as a “meeting place”. The property can be used ONLY by the guests listed on the rental agreement. The County law allows us to accommodate a maximum of two guests x the number of bedrooms.
4. Parking - There is plenty of parking on the property. Vehicles CANNOT be parked on the street at any time. When vehicles are on the street, there is insufficient space for emergency vehicles, fire trucks, the trash truck or neighbors to get down the road.
Additional information with respect to care and maintenance of the house will be included in the rental agreement.
Cathy or Melody
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Cathy or Melody
Maui Vacation Properties Cathy 808-575-9228 * 800-782-6105 info@mauivacationproperties www.maui.cc
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Really Enjoyed our Stay
Here is a short feedback after our departure from the property in Haiku.
We want to say that we really enjoyed our stay at the Pinnacle Cottage at Haiku Hill!
It`s a very nice Cottage and we can recommend to friends who want to go in this area in the future. We love this area and it's a dream to be there!
Say many thanks to the owners of the Cottage and that we felt us like home during our stay there. :-)
This is a rural upcountry setting, with lovely views, and plenty of privacy.