|Minimum Stay||1 - 3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Your mountain home is one of the oldest properties in the area, with unique historic structures. A large barn, a large antique machine shop, two furnished antique cabins, a windmill and some old hidden homesteads in the nearby forest make this property a delight. The house where you'll stay was built in the 1950s and has cozy, modern amenities. The bunkhouse is great for children and useful as another large bedroom.
Hi! I'm David Reynolds. I grew up and still live in Canon City, where I have a commercial construction business that my father begun in 1962 and my son is now taking over. We've always been mountain men, hunters, ATV and motorcycle riders, as well as mountain and rock climbers. We are excited to provide the Colorado mountain experience you seek.
Lydia Reynolds purchased this farmhouse in 2000
We traded property with the BLM for this historic ranch to protect and preserve this important piece of history. The land still turns up old pottery, arrowheads, and other artifacts which we display in the buildings as well as in the main house where you'll be sleeping.
You can enter and explore most of the old historic buildings. Climbing up Mt Baldy, Hammond Peak or Black Mountain on an ATV, a horse or on your own two feet is a worthwhile adventure. Snowshoeing, cross country skiing or hiking any of the trails off the property is also rewarding. Hunters enjoy all the open BLM land and the ample wildlife.
We have stayed at the 31 Mile Ranch several times. It is a beautiful, serene location-great family retreat. The family is fantastic to work with and are very accommodating.
We have decided that this will be an annual trip...this home away from home. We stayed here this time last year and once again, it was perfect. The colors were spectacular, the weather was lovely (even the rain storms that came through each afternoon). There are SO many places to explore, both on the property and surrounding areas. The only thing that would make this place even better??? Having a horse to ride! I wish I had one!
Thank you, Lydia, again for this oasis. We are considering coming back for Thanksgiving but if that doesn't work out, count on us for September of 2017!
If you are looking for a home base for your outdoor activities, then this place is it! It was great for a guy's trip...we hiked, shot, atved, and even went to the local watering hole. All in all it was a good weekend guys getaway...less than an hour to Canon City and the Gorge and plenty of land to get lost in, you are out in the middle of nowhere, so don't expect much from the local town, Guffey. We did an adventure race competition with checkpoints all around the property/BLM land and it was a hit. The historic buildings are a nice addition, but we didn't really utilize them or bother with them much. Bringing your own ATVs, horses, or something to get around and explore this place is my primary suggestion to you. We rented Rangers from Denver (cheaper) and hauled them out there.
The bedrooms, linens, etc were adequate, and we had comfortable seating for 9 guys in the living room/kitchen. However, this rental is all about the land and access to it...no bells and whistles (it did have good cable though).
The local contact was nice, answered our call.
I would rent this place again, but it wasn't perfect. These suggestions didn't take away from our positive experience:
1) The fence has some openings, so if you are bringing dogs, be prepared to shore up some of the holes with the rocks, logs, etc around the yard, or find out the hard way and have your dog immediately go swimming in the mud/pond like I did. I did what I could and it seemed to work as no dogs escaped after. My dog loved this place...plenty of varmint holes and old cow bones for her to mess around with.
2) the freezer did not freeze and was leaking into the refrigerator...assuming this is being taken care of...it made for a pretty messy situation in the fridge by day 3. The freezer kept ice, but it didn't keep frozen foods frozen, and after a few days a bag of ice was almost melted.
3) no dishwasher...plenty of plates and cups, but not much counter space to clean and dry them, especially for a big group.better to bring a bunch of paper and plastic plates yourself
4) Only one bathroom was fine for us 9 dudes; not sure how the women would have handled the 1 bathroom situation
5) no trash can outside - would be nice to have an outdoor trash can to throw all the garbage in
6) no outdoor faucet/hose - didn't think about this until coolers, atvs, bikes, dogs, etc got all messy
7) The place came with supplies, but we ran out of dish soap, paper towels and trashbags
This was exactly what we needed for our dogs vacation. We wanted seclusion so as not to disturb anyone else OR us! Our dogs tend to bark if there's any action around. I have to get back to check out the swimming hole that other reviewers mentioned.
Thanks for your hospitality!
Went up for a weekend with my husband and pup. We wanted a relaxing getaway and that's what we got! Views of the mountains were great. We saw some deer and elk. The weather could have been better, but it was nice to escape the Denver heat! Our dog loved roaming the wide open spaces, and the fenced in yard made it easy on us to watch her when we weren't out and about. Don't expect fancy, but if rustic is what you're going for this is the place! Lydia as very helpful and clear with directions, as I imagine the property would be hard to find without it! There's not a gas station nearby so make sure to fill up. We loved it!
Royal Gorge Bridge & Park, Helicopter tours of the Royal Gorge, Royal Gorge Rock 'N Rail tourist train with optional fine dining, Royal Gorge Brewery, Abby Winery tastings & tours, ATV trail rentals, Shelf Road and Eleven Mile canyon rock climbing (1000+ bolted routes), gambling casinos, gold mine tours, free music in the park, hiking to Guffey Falls where you can cliff dive
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 15 2016 - Apr 15 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
Add 5% if paying with credit card
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.