Lakefront Lazy Bear Lodge- with Wifi: Newly Built 2013, Sleeps 16(31 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom Sleeps 16
Hiking, biking, great fishing in lake or rivers, boating, whitewater rafting, tubing, antique shopping, snow skiing or water skiing are only some of the activities to enjoy...the possibilities are endless .....We are 40 minutes away from the new Casino in Murphy, NC.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 4200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
- An additional queen pull out exists in the private loft area. Layout is as follows: Main level has two bedrooms, both with king beds and own bath. The basement level has a master with bath and king bed. An additional bedroom with a queen bed exists on the basement level. This room shares a common bath with basement residents. Finally, the basement has a bunk area that is in open space. The queen pullout in the loft is also in an open space. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- We can provide up to two pack n plays, if requested ahead of time.
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 15 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Summer 2017- Fall 2017
May 13 - Sep 4, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 29 - Sep 2, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee $250
- Taxes Not included
Cancellation Policy: If cancellation is prior to 30 days out, then booking fees are lost and money is returned. If cancellation occurs at or following thirty days and no new renters book, 1/2 funds are lost except in the case of a death or documented family emergency.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Lake Nantahala is conveniently located a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta, & 2 hours from Chattanooga, Asheville, and Knoxville. Knoxville Airport is closest.
Hiking, biking, great fishing in lake or rivers, boating, whitewater rafting, tubing, antique shopping, snow skiing or water skiing are only some of the activities to enjoy...the possibilities are endless .....
Lake Nantahala has 3,800 surface acres and over 42 miles of shoreline, of which 97% is Nantahala National Forest. The Nantahala National Forest consists of 4 forests, the Pisgah, Nantahala, Uwharrie, and Croatan which all together make up 1.2 million acres. Nantahala National Forest consists of a hiker's paradise with over 1,300 miles of hiking trails, numerous waterfalls, more than 800 campsites, 490 picnic sites, 7 swimming beaches, 11 wilderness areas, numerous lakes, plus hundreds of miles of rivers and streams, including two nationally recognized wild and scenic rivers. Lake Nantahala has the 2nd highest surface elevation east of the Mississippi at 3,100 foot of elevation.
Fisherman: Trout fishing, fly fishing or spin casting in the Nantahala River is excellent all season. The Nantahala was the host river for the 2011 USA National Fly Fishing Championships The river is located less than 10 minutes from away. (A North Carolina fishing license and Trout stamp is required.)
Rafting: Nantahala Outdoor is less than 20 minutes from the Lodge & was voted by Good Morning America and National Geographic Adventure Magazine as the #1 family vacation spot in America for vacations with a splash. The Nantahala River will play host to the 2013 World Freestyle Kayaking Championships with athletes from over 50 Countries participating on September 2-8th is located about 30 minutes away. There are several nice loop trips where you can view peak season leave colors.
The Smoky Mountain National Park eastern entrance and the Southern entrance by Cades Cove are both less than an hour away
Close by attractions:
• Wayah Bald, elevation 5,385 ft (approx. 15 minutes)
• Smokey Mountain National Forest (approx. 30 minutes)
• Clingmans Dome, the highest point in the Great Smokey Mountains at 6,643 ft of elevation and offers great views of the mountain and surrounding states (approx. 1 hr)
• Mountain Water Scenic Byway, 61 miles winding through the Southern Appalachians Hardwood Forest, numerous waterfalls, lakes, and two river gorges (approx. 45 minutes)
• Nantahala National Forest Surrounds the Entire Lake
• Nantahala Outdoor Center Whitewater Rafting (approx. 20 minutes)
• The Great Smokey Mountain Railroads (approx. 30 minutes)
• Cherokee Harrah's Casino (approx. 30 minutes)
• Bartram Trail (approx. 5 minutes)
• Appalachian Trail (approx. 10 minutes)
• The Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, 649 miles of scenic roadway (approx. 30 minutes)
• Ocoee Whitewater Rafting Center (approx. 45 minutes)
• Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest (approx. 45 minutes)
• Pisgah National Forest (approx. 30 minutes)
• Numerous waterfalls
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We live in Atlanta but plan to spend as much time at the cabin as possible.
Why the Owner Chose Topton, NC, USA:
We fell in love with this lake, the surrounding area and we feel you will do the same.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Lazy Bear Lodge is uniquely built close to the waters edge to provide amazing views of Lake Nantahala in our own private cove
- Primary: 770-845-5709
- Tertiary: +1 770-778-0290
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Set in cove with trees creating great privacy around home
Screened in porch comfortably seats 6-7 and as great lake and mountain views
The Moose Yard has large walk in closet with bench seating inside.
Unique basement for games, 60' movie viewing, Shuffle board and a bar.
Bar area, kitchenette and extra washer / dryer offers convenience for groups
Great lake views as you play shuffle board or poker! Great picnic table on deck.
porch swing and picnic table to seat 8
Handmade tree dining table also includes two 4 foot benches for end seating (10)
The Loft: Offers great reading or play area and pull out queen futon bed.
Bear's Den Master Bedroom has slider door to view lake
Bunk room offers three sets of bunk beds - positioned near to a bathroom.
20 X 26 dock for fishing, boating, swimming, cathing rays. Chairs available
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, January 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.