The Wave House...a Sunny Retreat Where the Beach, Bay and City Culture Meet(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedroom 2 Bath Bayside Residence In Fantastic Central Location
(Please Note: We welcome long term renters so please e-mail me to inquire about monthly rates.)
Our Bayside retreat is located in one of St. Petersburg's most desirable neighborhoods, 'The Old Northeast', and is ideally situated just a few blocks from The Tampa Bay waterfront, restaurants and bars, shopping, sailing, The Dali museum, the Muvico Theatre complex, live music venues, beautiful North Shore Park, vintage markets, the historic Vinoy hotel and a continuous string of green parks that wind along the seven-mile waterfront and is home to many special events and festivals throughout the year.
The 2 bedroom, 2 bath residence is warm and welcoming and situated in family friendly 'Historic Old Northeast', a neighborhood of charming brick streets, palm trees, historic homes and the waterfront. The main bedroom has a queen-sized bed and provides a tranquil night’s sleep - simple and uncluttered - while the second serene bedroom is bathed in lots of natural light during the day, has a full-sized futon bed, a basket of books for kids and adults and a desk area. Both bedrooms are located upstairs.
The kitchen is compact but with all necessary equipment including a dishwasher, oven and stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and all the kitchen essentials needed to make your stay comfortable.
Your home away from home is just steps from St. Petersburg's Beach Drive which anchors downtown shopping, dining and entertainment districts that include outdoor cafes and restaurants, world class museums and an array of shops, galleries, and businesses that line the city’s pedestrian-friendly streets.
We are only a 15-20 minute drive from The Gulf of Mexico and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With an average temperature of 73.6 degrees, St. Petersburg records 361 sunny days which means you can enjoy the beach almost anytime of the year.
Our lovely apartment offers an authentic taste of the city right outside your door.
THINGS TO KNOW AT A GLANCE:
* located in family friendly historic neighborhood
* walking and cycling distance to shops,
restaurants, cafe's, museums, sailing center and green
* quiet at night
* air-conditioning and central heating
* Cathedral ceilings adds to a sense of spaciousness upstairs
* washer and dryer inside home (downstairs)
* recently updated patio area
* recently painted exterior
* ceiling fans in all the rooms
* private entrance off of the alley way
* flat-screen t.v. with cable; wi-fi throughout home
* bikes available to use during your stay
* residence includes steps that lead to upstairs-
young children and crawling babies will need a
careful eye. A baby gate is provided for you. Just let us
know and we will have it in the apt. for you.
* parking is provided-one designated
spot. PLEASE SEE THIRD PHOTO WHICH SHOWS OPTIONS FOR PARKING
* Approx. 20 minute car/taxi ride to Tampa
* 15-20 minute drive to beautiful St. Pete
FAMILIES WITH BABIES/TODDLERS: Here are a couple of online resources where you can rent baby gear which will be delivered/picked-up...
Check-in: 3:00 p.m. (local eastern time)
Check-out: 11:00 a.m. (local eastern time)
Member since: 2014
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE SMALL CHILDREN: Home has two floors with steep stairs to top level. We will provide a baby gate HOWEVER, small children and toddlers will need to be looked after carefully around the stairs....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
* must be house trained * Unless your dog is very well-trained when left alone we will kindly ask that your dog be crated when you are away from the apartment. We have a medium and large crate available for you. Please ask if you need one. * please have all pets up to date on vaccinations and flea/tick treatment. *will provide basic pet essentials like bowls and doggie waste bags....moreless
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3, Beds for 3
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- This residence is a charming home located above our garage with it's own private entrance off of the alleyway. Our main home is also located on the premises with the backyard separating the main house from the garage home. We are very respectful of your privacy, however ,we are available if you need anything or have any questions. Also note that we do have two dogs. Although friendly, they will bark if they see or hear strangers. They will not be able to approach you because of the fence. We will make sure to be respectful of the dogs barking during your stay. This is a strictly no smoking home anywhere on premises including the patio area. Thank you. ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Deck / Patio:
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Sep 30, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $85
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Pet Fee $75
CANCELLATION POLICY:For a full refund, cancellation must be made 30 full days prior to listing's local check in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check in.
PET FEE: $75 (applies for each pet)
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: Live simply, live lovely this has always been my motto and St. Petersburg offers just this lifestyle! Our family loves spending time together to enjoy the things we love with the people we love. We recently made St. Petersburg our home to do just that. We hope you will find your time here in St. Pete full of simple pleasures and wonderful experiences.
Why the Owner Chose Historic Old Northeast, Saint Petersburg, FL, USA:
If you believe in serendipity you'll love this story! We stayed at the Vinoy Hotel a couple of years ago and fell in love with this area, in particular our neighborhood, The Old Northeast. The laid back lifestyle, the stunning waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the Tampa Bay Waterfront, and the sense of community are just a few of the qualities that we love in our new city. Last Summer we decided to rent a home to see if we could really live here. We knew almost immediately we would make St. Pete our home sooner than later. A few months after returning home to Orlando, we enlisted the help of a wonderful realtor. We told her we wanted a small home, with outdoor space, and a garage apartment. The hard part was that we had fallen in love with the location of the home we had rented that Summer. The proximity to every place we loved was ideal for our family. We basically gave our realtor a very small area in which to find us a home. As fate would have it, we ended up purchasing the home right next door to the home we had rented in the Summer. Perfect home in a perfect location!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
We love our home and the garage apartment. Not only are they both lovely and charming but nothing beats walking out of your door and being able to walk everywhere. Walking outside the door and down the street and seeing a view of the Bay is priceless. We are most certainly 'HOME' and we are sure you will feel the same way during your stay!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Wave House
Living area downstairs
Open and bright upstairs sitting area
View of Second bedroom through french doors
View of the two bedrooms and the upstairs bathroom
Main bedroom with queen bed. Sitting area off of the bedroom.
Upstairs bathroom with stone floors, tub surround and walls for that spa feeling
A few short blocks from the Historic Vinoy Hotel
Beautiful North Shore Park just a short walking distance
Patio area that leads into the alleyway.
Parking for 1 car alongside cedar utility box cover.
Front door to apartment located inside gated patio area.
Stairs to kitchen, sitting area, 2 bedrooms and a full bath.
Sitting area and second bedroom in the background
Sunny second bedroom with desk area
Main bedroom features a queen mattress with memory foam mattress topper
Bright, well-appointed kitchen
Dining area off of galley kitchen.
Historic Old Northeast neighborhood with tree-lined pedestrian-friendly streets
Just a short walk to the beautiful waterfront for daily strolls.
116 1/2 7th Ave. N.E. Located in alleyway bt. 6th and 7th Ave. N.E.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.