Hibiscus House: Best Views on the Beach! Stunning Sun Deck! Concierge Service!(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Little Gasparilla Beachfront Gem; Sleeps 4-5
Unlike other homes set back on the island, Hibiscus House is situated right on the beach, for the best views and no long walks to the beach across hot sand. No partial 'peek-a-boo' view from this home....you can eat dinner overlooking the Gulf and the sound of the waves lulls you to sleep at night.
Little Gasparilla Island is very pet friendly and your canine companion is welcome as long as we are notified in advance. There is a $100 pet fee per pet. Our minimum rental period is one week; sorry, but we do not rent for weekends. Information on boat rentals and water taxi service is provided with your rental package.
Little Gasparilla Island is a nearly-deserted tropical island with no bridge, no roads and no commercial establishments. If peace and privacy are the hallmarks of a special beach vacation, you have found the right spot! Warm, shallow waters and balmy tropical breezes caress the island....sand pathways meander up and down the island for exploring by golf cart. (Golf cart rentals are available on the island.) You park your car at the mainland marina and take a delightful 15-minute water taxi ride right to our dock. It is best to do all your grocery shopping prior to catching the water taxi....then you don't have to leave the island at all! You can even bring your pets on the water taxi with you! While on the island, in addition to swimming you can snorkel, fish from the dock or the beach, bird watch, explore, collect shells, or simply read a good book in the hammock.
You must notify us if you wish to bring or rent a boat. New regulations enacted by the state of Florida limit boats to 21 ft. at our dock.
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. Hibiscus House has a charcoal grill; please bring charcoal and lighter fluid with you.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee.
• This house has wi-fi but this is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. There is no unlimited data and wi-fi is NOT for entertainment. No Netflix, no skyping, no streaming music, no downloading videos, etc. Many people find the mobile hotspots on their smartphones are better alternatives.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Two bathrooms, both with showers, plus a downstairs outdoor shower
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 7 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 - Jun 3, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 30 - Jul 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Dec 22 - Jan 2, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $150
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Pet Fee $100
- Tax Rate 12%
Holiday surcharge of $500; $300 reservation/security deposit required upon booking to hold date. 30-day cancellation notice required for stays of 1 week; 60-day cancellation for 2 weeks or more. Guests responsible for golf cart rental, mainland parking at the marina and water taxi charges. Pet fee of $100/pet may be assessed depending on size/breed.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Little Gasparilla.com LLC
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: We have lived on the island for 30 years and we started renting our own home many years ago when we traveled. Then our neighbors asked us to handle rentals for them also -- and now we offer vacation rentals in a variety of price ranges and locations on the island...from dramatic beachfront homes to cozy interior homes with lots of privacy. Our homes are painstakingly cared for...we want you to feel like you are vacationing in a friend's home rather than a sterile "rental unit". So relax, kick off your flip flops, dig your toes in the sand and enjoy the island lifestyle!
Why the Owner Chose Placida, FL, USA:
Hibiscus House has a fabulous upstairs sundeck that has lots of privacy and some of the best views on the island. It not only has a screened porch but an open-air porch for outdoor sunning. Inside, the home is beautifully appointed and has one of the most well-equipped kitchens you will find in a rental home. Guests love how comfortable it is, how well-stocked the home is, and its proximity to the beach.
- Primary: +1 9416976766
- Secondary: +1 6305320993
- Tertiary: +1 8154400001
Links to more information:
Fabulous view of the gulf from the front porch
Modern kitchen equipped for the gourmet cook!
View of the house from the dunes
Everyone's favorite spot
Dock 51, where the water taxi drops you off
Your rental includes beach chairs and an umbrella
View from the deck of stand up paddle boarders
Front porch view!
View from private upstairs sundeck
Comfortable seating area with views of the Gulf!
Master bedroom with king size bed
Newly enlarged deck with great sunset views
Upstairs loft with two twins
View of living area from the loft
Guest bedroom with queen bed
View from the sandbar
Aerial view at sunset
Aerial view of Little Gasparilla beach
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.