If you're rich, you live in Beverly Hills.
If you're famous, you live in Malibu.
If you're lucky, you live in Pacific Palisades.
Welcome to Casa Castellammare, your elegantly casual ocean view home on the coastal edge of Pacific Palisades. Close to the city while feeling a million miles away, Casa Castellammare is indoor/outdoor living, a romantic getaway or restorative retreat to renew & recharge.
A 5-min walk to the water's edge and 15 minute drive to Santa Monica or Malibu. Offering privacy & ocean views from every level of this breathtaking mid-century hillside ranch including the ocean view upper deck, covered patio, and spa deck with outdoor shower & soaking tub. See the queen’s necklace and moonlit waters as you fall asleep to the sound of the ocean, opening yours eyes to a sun-filled ocean view from your master bed. We feel like we're on vacation every day and you will too, whether you're here for work or play, so relax and open up all the windows to let the sea breezes in.
Fully appointed cook's kitchen with top of the line stainless steel appliances (Wolf stove, Fisher/Paykel fridge, Bosch dishwasher, Meile washer/dryer, Vitamix blender, Nespresso coffee maker and frother) and well-stocked laundry room and pantry.
Beautifully appointed ocean view Master Suite and spa deck complete with spa robes and slippers, fluffy white towels, down comforters/pillows and soft white cotton sheets, plus Pharmaca bath products, blow dryers, curling/flat irons, travel clothes steamer, travel sewing kit, and ironing board/iron. We’d say just bring your toothbrush, but we offer that too just in case you forgot yours.
Enjoy Queen's Necklace views at night from living room, master and kitchen with Catalina views on a clear day. It's a truly magical experience in this fully appointed and beachy-elegant home.
Fresh flowers and welcome basket await your arrival as you settle into your home away from home.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a remodeling project happening across the street so some days more 'active' than others. Mostly has not been a big deal, but feel free to inquire and we'll be happy to give you an update. We aim to have the only surprises at Casa Castellammare be the good kind. ;)
SLIDING SCALE SECURITY DEPOSIT
1-4 weeks $3500
1 month $7500
2 months or longer 15K
Just a 5-min walk down our quiet street and across a footbridge over PCH. And yes, we timed it! 10 min walk back as there is a slight incline on your way home.
LOS LIONES TRAILHEAD
15-min walk through the neighborhood finds you at this easy to moderate ocean view hike
You'll find these interesting and historic stairs (built in the 20's) scattered through the neighborhood. Take a walk with our Secret Stairs book in hand (or the print out left for you in our guest book) and check out the history of our beloved coastline streets.
3 outdoor seating areas
- Oceanview spa deck with outdoor shower & soaking tub off master suite
- Cozy upper deck with expansive ocean views featuring conversation area with pillows and throws, propane fire table, yoga mats, and cafe lights for beautiful morning meditation or reflective evenings looking out to sea.
- Covered patio off living room for al fresco ocean-view dining, rain or shine
Teak floors run throughout this split-level home with gas-fueled, wood-burning fireplace in living room, high-speed wifi, Apple TV with a collection of previously purchased movies as well as an assortment of premium on-demand channels (Comedy Central, HBO Now, Showtime Anytime, OWN on Demand, ABC, NBC, Netflix, etc.).
Our breezy bliss-filled beachside home also features hard-wired home speaker system throughout the house (including upper deck) so that you may connect and control via your smart device to enjoy music in and outside the house - even on the upper deck.
Flatscreens in living room and master suite with Apple TV
RATE INCLUDES WEEKLY HOUSEKEEPER AND BI-WEEKLY GARDENER
Book month or longer and 'occupancy/stay taxes' are waived. :)
Additional discounts for multi-month rentals
FUN STUFF CLOSE BY
Though many prefer to just chill at the house, Casa Castellammare is equidistant to Santa Monica and Malibu (10 min in either direction). You can also enjoy leisurely ocean view walks thru our quiet, hilly enclave, walking either down to the beach (5 min) or take on a few of the regionally famous "Secret Stairs" in the neighborhood. To help with your adventures, we've left a copy of the book in the living room along with print outs of our neighborhood walk', one of the featured and more popular walks in the book.
- Farmer's Market - There are two, both on Sunday mornings - one in the Palisades Village (10 min drive up Sunset Blvd) and another in Malibu (15 drive up PCH) * jute market bags in kitchen ready for your shopping adventure
- Santa Monica Pier - 15 MIN DRIVE - old-school roller coaster, merry go round, arcade and restaurants. Fun!
- Third Street Promenade - 20 MIN DRIVE - walking distance from the Santa Monica Pier are movie theatres, restaurants, bars, shops and street performers
- Palisades Village - 10 MIN DRIVE coffee shops, restaurants, boutiques, yogurt, post office, grocery stores, dry cleaners and more
- Kayaking in Malibu, next to Malibu Pier
- Surf lessons in Pacific
* The Getty Villa is literally just around the corner - 5 min drive
* The Getty Museum - about 30 minutes up Sunset Blvd
* LACMA - midtown - about 30 minutes PCH to 10 FWY East, longer in traffic
- MOCA - downtown - anywhere from 30-60 minutes (gotta love LA traffic)...PCH South to 10 FWY East.
BROAD - downtown - across the street from MOCA. Just divine.
* MAESTRO'S (5 minutes on PCH)
* MOONSHADOWS (5 minutes on PCH)
* NOBU (10 minutes on PCH)
* MALIBU FARM CAFE (end of pier) and MALIBU FARM RESTAURANT (beg of pier) - both on the Malibu pier (15 minutes on PCH)
* MALIBU COUNTRY MART (15 minutes just off PCH) - fun collection of boutique shops to peruse plus a small collection of eateries including the most amazing gelato at Gromm' nom!
- SANTA MONICA
* MONTANA AVENUE - there are several great restaurants (Father's Office, Al's Table, R&D Kitchen, Groundwerks to name just a few favs) plus boutiques and bars on this bucolic street (15-minute drive). Al's and R&D - reservations recommended.
* BACK ON THE BEACH - 10-15 min drive South on PCH, next to the Annenberg Beach House (paid parking). Indoor seating available, but the best seats in the house are outdoors literally in the sand! No reservations.
* BLUE PLATE OYSTERETTE - On Ocean Avenue, across from Palisades Park, walking distance from Santa Monica Pier and 3rd Street Promenade. Fun and cozy indoor/outdoor seating - I prefer sitting outside, but inside actually fun too. Grab a piece of salt water taffy on your way out the door. Reservations recommended.
* 3rd STREET PROMENADE - lots of people watching, plus shopping, restaurants and movie theatres up and down the promenade.
* SANTA MONICA PIER - fun, old-school vibe with merry-go-round, roller coaster and just a stroll along the pier and people watch
* VENICE BEACH - worth a visit to the world-famous neighborhood and a stroll in the postcard-perfect canals, bike ride, rollerblade, or grab a bite on the boardwalk or on trendy Abbot Kinney -- or just window shop and people watch. I lived in Venice for 20 years and know the neighborhood really really well so just ask me!
- PACIFIC PALISADES
* PEARL DRAGON - asian fusion vibe with full bar, right in Palisades village, 10 min drive up Sunset Blvd. Reservations recommended.
* CAFE VIDA - popular healthy mexican-leaning restaurant in the Palisades Village, 10 min drive up Sunset Blvd.
* TASTE - 5 min drive, 15-20 min delicious popular eatery with full bar - and they deliver! Reservations recommended.
* MOKU SUSHI - 5 min drive, 15-20 min and convenient. They deliver as well.
* CAFE NOSTRA - 10 min drive, authentic Italien delicious!
* PLATE FOOD + WINE - on Abbot Kinney. 20 min drive South. Vegan and absolutely delicious OMG! Reservations recommended. Valet parking (a must in Venice)
* OSTERIA WEST - 5 Dudley Avenue. 20 min drive South. Classic italien restaurant, very small and romantic. Michellin-starred! Reservations recommended.
* GJELINA - on Abbot Kinney - 20 min drive South. At this moment in time, the place to be. Expect to wait to get in, but allegedly worth it.
* ROSE CAFE - a mainstay of Venice that got a complete overhaul a few years ago with expanded table service and full bar. It's been a favorite for decades.
* SIDEWALK CAFE - classic Venice eatery right on the boardwalk, great for the basics while you watch the world walk and rollerblade by.
* FIGTREE CAFE - another classic Venice boardwalk mainstay with much healthier options than Sidewalk. Delicious.