Deluxe Rocky Mountain Ski Chalet
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:Lodge
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Our beautiful, recently built, Canadian-log home offers spectacular views of the Continental Divide, beds for an extended family of a dozen or more, and a fifteen-minute drive to Winter Park/Mary Jane ski resorts (the driveway and county road are plowed). The entire front of the house is spanned by picture windows and a deck.
The alpine and Nordic skiing are world-class. In summer, the fishing, hiking, rafting, and mountain biking are superb (we have all the trail books and guides).
We are especially interested in renting to responsible groups and families with a potential interest in return rentals.
Keywords: Canadian Log Cabin, giant picture windows, spectacular views, peaceful and healing
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2008
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 17, Beds for 17
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- There is a jacuzzi tub.
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available
- Covered Parking
- Gas Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
Pool / Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Housekeeper Included
Ski-season Rates ...... $400/night .. $2000/week (two-night minimum) Holiday-season Rates .. $550/night .. $2750/week (three-night minimum) Non-ski-season Rates .. $300/night .. $1500/week (no minimum)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Fun options for summer:
1. Go hiking. There are many breathtaking hikes nearby, ranging from easy to extreme. See the trail books and trail maps in the house. You can take an instant leisurely walk by just going down the hill from the house, turn left, and down into the valley. If you drive down the hill from the house , you come to the Devil’s Thumb trailhead, which provides gentle hikes in lovely alpine valley’s or strenuous hikes up to the top of the Continental Divide. Alternately, Monarch Lake offers lovely, gentle hikes for the whole family.
2. Go mountain biking. Shops in Winter Park and Fraser rent trail bikes. If you want a hair-raising experience, take bikes up the ski lift at the slopes and ride down.
3. Go fly fishing. Nearby are world-class fly-fishing sites, including the upper Colorado River. There are good fly shops in Fraser and Tabernash.
4. Go tubing or rafting on the upper Colorado River. There are rafting/tubing outfits in Fraser and Winter Park.
5. Go canoeing or just exploring around Lake Granby, Shadow Lake, or Grand Lake. Drive up to Grand Lake (45 minutes) and check out the options in that quaint little mountain tourist town. It offers canoe rental, homemade ice cream, gift shops, horseback riding, and the highest-elevation yacht club in the nation.
6. Go up to the Rocky Mountain National Park (immediately north of Grand Lake). The drive through the park is breathtaking, and you are sure to see elk, deer.
7. Go to Devil’s Thumb Ranch by Tabernash (10-minute drive from the house). They offer horseback riding, fly fishing lessons, a full spa with heated pool, massage, 4-star restaurant, etc.
8. Drive up to Kremmling to the Hot Sulfur Springs and melt into bliss.
9. Go to the giant alpine slides at the base of the Winter Park Resort slopes--fast and fun for the whole family. You also can take a lift up the slopes, and there is a restaurant on the side of the mountain.
10. Go to a musical or cultural event. Winter Park Resort hosts concerts and festivals off-and-on throughout the summer. Check online before you arrive or at the Information Center in Fraser or Winter Park. There’s a rodeo every Saturday night in Granby.
11. Have a nighttime campfire. There’s a fire pit in the backyard--good for story telling and marshmallow roasting.
12. Play games. There are a bunch of fun board games in the house, as well as chess, cards, jig-saw puzzles.
13. Check out the Fraser Valley Public Library—books, internet, and a good foreign film collection on DVD.
14. Just sit, sip a beverage, and gaze at the view, which is mostly what we do nowadays.
Fun options for winter:
1. Go skiing/boarding, of course. In addition to world-class downhill, there is great cross-country skiing at the Devil’s Thumb Ranch or Snow Mountain Ranch.
2. Go sledding or snowshoeing, or build an igloo.
3. Go to Devil’s Thumb Ranch by Tabernash (10-minute drive)—Nordic skiing rental, horse-drawn sleigh rides (great at sunset), full spa with heated pool, massage, 4-star restaurant in an authentic, fancied-up farmhouse, etc.
4. Go to the hot springs. Drive up to Kremmling to the Hot Sulfur Springs and melt into bliss.
5. Check out the snow-tubing hill in Fraser—fast as greased lightening and fun for kids and adults alike.
6. Take a snowcat ride up the ski slopes by day or by night (great for older folks).
7. In the evening, ride the lift up from the Winter Park base to the Lodge and have cocktails with spectacular views or a great dinner on the slopes.
8. Make a nighttime bonfire.
9. Play games. There are a bunch of fun board games in the house, as well as chess, cards, jig-saw puzzles.
10. Check out the Fraser Valley Public Library—books, internet, and a good foreign film collection on DVD.
11. Just sit, sip a beverage, look out the windows, which is what we mostly do.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Jeff is Vice Chancellor of Undergraduate Services at the University of Colorado Denver. You can find him online at at the CU Denver English Department site. Judy is a Massage Therapist. Son Tyler works in Madison, WI, and daughter Emma works in Boulder.
Why the Owner Chose Winter Park, CO, USA:
We chose the location because of its sheer beauty, relative isolation combined with convenient shopping and proximity to Winter Park/Mary Jane ski resort and the Rocky Mountain National Park.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
Whether skiing, boarding, hiking, fishing, rafting, mountain biking, golfing, tubing, horseback ridding, or just sitting on the deck soaking in the view of the Continental Divide, this is the place, at least for us.
- Primary: +1 3035230077
- Secondary: 303-523-0077
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 90%
- Calendar last updated 10/10/2016