|Space||3,000 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Our beautiful, recently built, Canadian-log home offers spectacular views of the Continental Divide, beds for an extended family of a dozen or more, and a fifteen-minute drive to Winter Park/Mary Jane ski resorts (the driveway and county road are plowed). The entire front of the house is spanned by picture windows and a deck.
The alpine and Nordic skiing are world-class. In summer, the fishing, hiking, rafting, and mountain biking are superb (we have all the trail books and guides).
We are especially interested in renting to responsible groups and families with a potential interest in return rentals.
Keywords: Canadian Log Cabin, giant picture windows, spectacular views, peaceful and healing
Jeff is Vice Chancellor of Undergraduate Services at the University of Colorado Denver. You can find him online at at the CU Denver English Department site.
Judy is a Massage Therapist.
Son Tyler works in Madison, WI, and daughter Emma works in Boulder.
Jeff Franklin or Judy Lucas purchased this lodge in 2003
We chose the location because of its sheer beauty, relative isolation combined with convenient shopping and proximity to Winter Park/Mary Jane ski resort and the Rocky Mountain National Park.
Whether skiing, boarding, hiking, fishing, rafting, mountain biking, golfing, tubing, horseback ridding, or just sitting on the deck soaking in the view of the Continental Divide, this is the place, at least for us.
I have never stayed in a ski country rental with such an amzing setting. The view is fabulous. The home was very spacious for our group of 7 skiers. It is a really unique place. One small note is that there is no Cable TV, but that was totally fine for us - conversation and trips into town filled the after ski time!
This Rocky Mountain property was absolutely beautiful and very comfortable. Its so close to both Fraser and Winter Park. We will absolutely be back. Thanks Judy!
Pine Marten was the perfect place for our high school reunion of eight women. The beautiful home comfortably accommodated all of us as we enjoyed the spectacular views of the changing colors and dining at the gorgeous dining table. The location is perfect for exploring the surrounding area for hiking, biking and other Colorado scenic towns. Most all of us grew up learning to ski at Winter Park, providing much fun reminiscing about the early days skiing Winter Park. Jeff and Judy were most helpful in making our stay memorable. We would definitely recommend this property.
We were delighted to stay in your beautiful home which was able to accommodate our three large families! The views are spectacular and the location felt off the beaten path but is actually only minutes away from Winter Park and YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch both of which offered lots of fun activities for all our children and many amazing places for hiking. The house is lovely, tasteful and comfortable for a larger group. We would most definitely stay again and would highly recommend!
We so enjoyed staying in your home. It was a wonderful weekend away from our kids and it provided some much needed relaxation. We felt right at home! Everyone was really impressed with the view and we enjoyed most of our meals on the deck while watching the fox wrestle in your backyard! Loved that the house was close to town but didn't feel like it. We felt like we were miles out in the mountains!
The house is stunning, tasteful, comfortable, and spacious. The views are absolutely terrific. The property is accessible but feels private and secluded. It's close enough to many wonderful attractions - the towns of Winter Park and Fraser and Tabernash, the Winter Park and Mary Jane Ski and Snowboard slopes, Devil's Thumb Ranch, many amazing places for hiking, snow-shoeing, cross-country skiing, and mountain biking - but is removed from traffic and noise and light pollution. I would absolutely recommend this property to everyone from couples looking to a secluded weekend away to large families looking for a week of fun in the mountains. I look forward to returning to this place often!!
Fun options for summer:
1. Go hiking. There are many breathtaking hikes nearby, ranging from easy to extreme. See the trail books and trail maps in the house. You can take an instant leisurely walk by just going down the hill from the house, turn left, and down into the valley. If you drive down the hill from the house , you come to the Devil’s Thumb trailhead, which provides gentle hikes in lovely alpine valley’s or strenuous hikes up to the top of the Continental Divide. Alternately, Monarch Lake offers lovely, gentle hikes for the whole family.
2. Go mountain biking. Shops in Winter Park and Fraser rent trail bikes. If you want a hair-raising experience, take bikes up the ski lift at the slopes and ride down.
3. Go fly fishing. Nearby are world-class fly-fishing sites, including the upper Colorado River. There are good fly shops in Fraser and Tabernash.
4. Go tubing or rafting on the upper Colorado River. There are rafting/tubing outfits in Fraser and Winter Park.
5. Go canoeing or just exploring around Lake Granby, Shadow Lake, or Grand Lake. Drive up to Grand Lake (45 minutes) and check out the options in that quaint little mountain tourist town. It offers canoe rental, homemade ice cream, gift shops, horseback riding, and the highest-elevation yacht club in the nation.
6. Go up to the Rocky Mountain National Park (immediately north of Grand Lake). The drive through the park is breathtaking, and you are sure to see elk, deer.
7. Go to Devil’s Thumb Ranch by Tabernash (10-minute drive from the house). They offer horseback riding, fly fishing lessons, a full spa with heated pool, massage, 4-star restaurant, etc.
8. Drive up to Kremmling to the Hot Sulfur Springs and melt into bliss.
9. Go to the giant alpine slides at the base of the Winter Park Resort slopes--fast and fun for the whole family. You also can take a lift up the slopes, and there is a restaurant on the side of the mountain.
10. Go to a musical or cultural event. Winter Park Resort hosts concerts and festivals off-and-on throughout the summer. Check online before you arrive or at the Information Center in Fraser or Winter Park. There’s a rodeo every Saturday night in Granby.
11. Have a nighttime campfire. There’s a fire pit in the backyard--good for story telling and marshmallow roasting.
12. Play games. There are a bunch of fun board games in the house, as well as chess, cards, jig-saw puzzles.
13. Check out the Fraser Valley Public Library—books, internet, and a good foreign film collection on DVD.
14. Just sit, sip a beverage, and gaze at the view, which is mostly what we do nowadays.
Fun options for winter:
1. Go skiing/boarding, of course. In addition to world-class downhill, there is great cross-country skiing at the Devil’s Thumb Ranch or Snow Mountain Ranch.
2. Go sledding or snowshoeing, or build an igloo.
3. Go to Devil’s Thumb Ranch by Tabernash (10-minute drive)—Nordic skiing rental, horse-drawn sleigh rides (great at sunset), full spa with heated pool, massage, 4-star restaurant in an authentic, fancied-up farmhouse, etc.
4. Go to the hot springs. Drive up to Kremmling to the Hot Sulfur Springs and melt into bliss.
5. Check out the snow-tubing hill in Fraser—fast as greased lightening and fun for kids and adults alike.
6. Take a snowcat ride up the ski slopes by day or by night (great for older folks).
7. In the evening, ride the lift up from the Winter Park base to the Lodge and have cocktails with spectacular views or a great dinner on the slopes.
8. Make a nighttime bonfire.
9. Play games. There are a bunch of fun board games in the house, as well as chess, cards, jig-saw puzzles.
10. Check out the Fraser Valley Public Library—books, internet, and a good foreign film collection on DVD.
11. Just sit, sip a beverage, look out the windows, which is what we mostly do.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Apr 1 2017 - Nov 1 2017
2 night minimum stay
Nov 2 2017 - Dec 14 2017
2 night minimum stay
Dec 15 2017 - Jan 8 2018
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|