Beautiful Maui Condo, Best Rates for Fall!!(24 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
There is a queen size bed in the master bedroom and another queen size sofa bed in the living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, washer and dryer and everything needed to enjoy your holiday whether dining in or out.
Our best amenity… location, location, location!
One thing that makes our condo at Maalaea Banyans so special is our breathtaking view. Whether watching a glorious sunset into the ocean or simply listening to the surf while reading a book; there simply is no better spot to unwind.
Because the waters and reefs of Maalaea are important to many marine species, Maalaea Bay is part of the National Humpback Whale Marine Sanctuary - a favorite mating and birthing grounds for the endangered Humpbacks. Green Sea Turtles browse reefs that border the harbor entrance. In season, whales can be viewed from the condo grounds just outside our patio door.
Another great plus is that there are plenty of things to keep you busy in Maalaea all within a short walk from the condo. You can begin with a morning snorkeling or whale-watching cruise followed by an afternoon visit to the Maui Ocean Center. You can end the day with an evening sunset walk on Maalaea Beach and then dinner at one of the harbor area's excellent restaurants.
Maalaea Bay is also centrally located to so many of Maui’s fabulous attractions via car. The Maalaea District of Maui is located in Central Maui about six miles south of Wailuku, where the Honoapi'ilani Highway (Hwy 30) reaches the south coast.
Things to do within walking distance; (.3 mi/7 min walk)
• Maalaea Beach is approximately three miles in length and stretches from Maalaea Harbor on the west to Sugar Beach on the east.
• Sugar Beach is a beautiful seven-mile long beach running all the way to Kihea from Maalaea.
• Formerly a commercial port Maalaea Harbor now hosts a marina where many cruise and pleasure boats dock. Among the boats that dock here are whale watching cruise boats as well as those that offer snorkeling trips to Molokini Atol.
• Families fish off the harbor wall or spear fish on nearby reefs.
• When a robust south swell hits Maui, surfers from far and near head for Maalaea to have a chance to experience the tubular perfection of one of the world's fastest rideable waves - the legendary Maalaea Pipeline wave.
• Beginners can learn to surf at Maalaea's Buzz's Wharf surf break. Outrigger canoe clubs take shelter and rest on the Harbor's small beach.
• The area is home to eight restaurants beginning with the highly acclaimed Waterfront Restaurant located in the Milowai Condominium. It has received a 5-star rating from Honolulu Magazine, placed first in the Maui News' annual survey for 'best service' and 'best seafood.'
• Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is a local landmark at the harbor's edge featuring excellent and moderately food.
• Other options include The Blue Marlin, Bamboo Bistro, Capiche, Maalaea Grill and the Maalaea Seascape Restaurant.
Maalaea Harbor Shops:
• The Maalaea Harbor Shops have now attracted several excellent retailers and restaurants.
• You can now find Maui Dive Shop, Hula Cookies and Ice Cream, and Moonbow Tropics along with the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Discovery Store and the Ocean Science Discovery Center where you'll find a self-guided exhibit area with hands-on activities for adults and children; informational displays, marine artifacts and free educational literature about the ocean.
Kealia National Wildlife Refuge:
• This refuge provides 700 acres of some of the last remaining natural wetland habitat in Hawaii.
• Kealia Pond is nearly 250 acres when full. The refuge is home to endangered native water birds, and hosts migratory ducks and shorebirds in fall, winter, and spring.
• The refuge is adjacent to Kealia Beach, which is a nesting ground for the endangered hawksbill turtle. An interpretive kiosk and boardwalk viewing area found along the beach and refuge mudflats.
Maui Ocean Center:
• The Maui Ocean Center rivals the National Aquarium in Baltimore as one of the finest we have seen. Your visit to the Center begins with The Living Reef where you walk through the various regions of a reef and learn about the many and varied creatures that make the reef their home. Don't miss those moray eels.
• The final exhibit takes you past the largest tank in the aquarium and then through a clear acrylic tunnel where the creatures of the ocean swim on all sides of you.
Distances from Maalaea to…
Kahului Airport 8.8 miles
Kihea 7 miles
Wailea/Makena 14 miles
Lahaina 15 miles
Kaanapali 19.5 miles
Kapalua 25 miles
Haliimaile General Store 31 miles
Haleakala National Park
Visitor Center 44 miles
Hana 70 miles
Keywords: Renovated ground floor condo with beautiful views just steps away from the ocean, walking distance to Sugar Beach a 7 mile long sandy beach, retail shops and restaurants within easy 7 minute walk, harbor with snorkeling and fishing just a few blocks away, enjoy the pool, jacuzzi and BBQ just off your lanai, ocean breezes, whale watching, quiet street, the sound of waves splashing on the sea wall... heaven on Maui!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- On floor 1
- Max. occupancy 4
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2017
1 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- enter/exit $90
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: 760-917-5413
- Secondary: 760-630-6046
Links to more information:
Renovated pool area
Renovated kitchen for more counter space!!
view from bedroom door
Renovated bathroom with granite countertop
Beautiful view from the lanai
Kitchen view to living room and lanai
View From the Lanai
Maalaea Banyons layout
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.