Plan the perfect family reunion or getaway in this one-of-a-kind 2,700 sq ft. historic home. Built in 1927 by the famous Scripps family in the unique "storybook" style, the home has been remodeled with the latest features to enhance its old world charm. This special "castle" features an open-plan living, dining and kitchen area, 5 separate bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and loads of outdoor patio space, providing the ideal mix for both quiet relaxing and fun social time. During the summer season, rentals run from Saturday to Saturday.
Located in the heart of Pacific Beach (PB) San Diego's premier beach destination, the location can't be beat. Pack your wagon with surf and sand toys and head west for 2 blocks to the Pacific Ocean. Or, switch gears and head south 2 blocks to Mission Bay for a leisurely bike ride or to read a book on the sand. Forget something at the store? Ralph's supermarket is a 5 min. walk away, as are a wide variety of restaurants and shops for every taste.
** A great place for wedding parties, professional groups, birthdays and family reunions.**
Indoor amenities :
* Bedrooms: 5 total ( 4 upstairs, 1 first floor )
* Beds: 1 King, 3 Queens, 2 Full ( sleeps 12 very comfortably )
* Gorgeous master suite with 18 ft. ceilings
* 4 bathrooms appointed with marble or tile
* Gourmet kitchen with all essentials and tons of counter top space for entertaining
*Brunswick billiard table, professional, 8 ft.
* High speed internet, cable and large flat screen TV in living room
* Washer and dryer
* Small heated swimming pool (with additional energy charge of $25/day)
* Patio cabana and BBQ gas grill
* Roof top deck with 4 person hot tub with views of Mission Bay and Sea World fireworks
* Plenty of outdoor seating for lounging and dining
* Bikes (4), wagon, beach toys for kids and beach chairs
* Two off street private parking spots
Neighborhood amenities ( All within walking distance )
* Full size super market grocery store and drug store
* Bike rentals and surf shops
* Restaurants and bars
* Catamaran Resort Hotel (popular for weddings and sail boat rentals)
* Souvenir and clothing shops
* Kids playground on the bay
* Sea World
* Crystal Pier
* Belmont Amusement Park
* La Jolla Cove
* San Diego Zoo and Animal Park
* Coronado Island
* Old Town San Diego
* Balboa Park
* Del Mar horse races
* Whale watching and fishing tours
This property is located in a quiet, single family neighborhood.
The owner lives on-site in an adjacent apartment. We only rent to responsible groups, primarily families. This is not a "party house". Guests MUST observe QUIET hours from 10PM to 7AM.
Individuals under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. NO SMOKING AND NO PETS.
Check in 4:00 pm on date of arrival and check out is 10:00 am on date of departure unless other arrangements are made with owner. We look forward to meeting you in PB !
*** Please note that we have included a video of the house that allows you to embark on a virtual walk-through of the property. This ensures that you know exactly what your stay within our beautiful property will feel like, well before you join us!! In the photo section, page to the last photo and the video will be accessible. We can't wait to host you!