The name of the cabin, Rustic 'Sol', captures its essence. Modernised and comfortable, the cabin retains its rustic Tahoe charm and soul. And atop a rise and south facing, it basks in glorious 'sol' (sun). And yet there are many more outstanding features……..
The land to the north slopes gently down over conservancy and forest service lots providing privacy, forest views, and excellent tobogganing opportunities.
The 2 storey cabin has been renovated and appointed with a thoughtful combination of antique and modern furnishings to provide a comfortable stay while maintaining the rustic character. Some qualities include:
- Gas fireplace/stove for ambience and to protect the air quality in the Lake Tahoe basin.
- Triple pane windows for a draught free and warm stay.
- Central heating to ensure that every room, including the bathrooms, is comfortable.
- 46in LED Smart TV with access to internet apps such as YouTube, Pandora, etc; HD free to air TV stations; and a large library of movies and TV series.
- A chef's kitchen with granite counter tops and all new appliances
- New king and twin mattresses, bedding, and down comforters for a good nights sleep
- High speed internet, wifi and a telephone to stay connected.
- Access to Chamberlands private beach (beach ONLY, no pool or tennis access).
Rustic 'Sol' is the ideal mountain getaway regardless of whether it is outdoor adventure or relaxation that is on the agenda. The cabin is convenient to amazing skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and spectacular sandy beaches on the lake. In the summer, take the free shuttle to the beach, or in winter, call Homewood Mountain Resort for a free pickup.
Please note that the driveway is narrow and curves upwards to the house, hence, AWD/4WD or 2WD with snow chains is recommended in winter.
Check in time: 4pm
Check out time: 10am