About the property
- Cottage1000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
2 bedroom, 1 bath beach house; short walk to a great, family-friendly beach
Bright, light-filled house on a quiet cul-de-sac is just 0.5 miles (~10 minute walk) through a nice residential beach community to Seacliff State Beach.
- Backyard relaxation - read a book in the hammock or enjoy a game of bocce ball
- Updated kitchen for staying in and cooking meals, complete with Wolf gas stove
- Al fresco dining on both front and back patios
- Living room includes a gas fireplace for a beautiful warm fire at the click of a switch
- 2 bedroom, 1 bath; two queen beds and a very comfortable queen sleeper sofa
- All you need for a day at the beach - beach chairs, boogie boards, surfboard and beach toys; outdoor shower for rinsing off
- WiFi, large screen TV with basic cable, Roku (Netflix, Pandora, etc.), DVD player, Bluetooth/USB port for music from your smartphone and a great selection of DVD movies
- Full-size washer and dryer
- Walk to local Seacliff favorites - Marianne's Ice Cream parlor and Pizza 1
- Convenient, five-minute drive to Safeway (with Redbox kiosk), coffee shops and Aptos Farmers Market
- Complimentary use of vehicle day use pass for local state parks and beaches
- Check-in is 4:00pm, and check out is noon. We can accommodate early check in or late check out depending on availability. Please confirm with owner before making plans.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
About Colm Kennedy
Our family has been coming to the beaches around Santa Cruz for 25 years and has always dreamed of owning a slice of the beach life. We fell in love with this classic beach house with its light-filled rooms and open floor plan. The neighborhood and the neighbors are fantastic, and it's just a short walk to one of the best beaches on the north coast. We love spending our weekends relaxing by the ocean with friends and family and are excited to open our home to guests who share our passion for beach life.
Colm Kennedy purchased this Cottage in 2015
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Very comfortable. Everything you need
Had a great time here. Very nicely designed 2 BR 1 BA with great outdoor living space. We had a great time here with our two kids.
PERFECT PLACE TO STAY IN APTOS WITH A FAMILY
We just got back from a weekend in Aptos. This little beach house was the perfect home-base for us to stay while we visited out daughter @ UCSC. Campus is a 15-20 minute drive away from the house. We got to explore Aptos on foot (10 minute walk to beach access and ice cream @ Marianne's a must!) and to explore Santa Cruz area in car with the help of a park pass supplied by the homeowner (that was such a perk!) The house was very clean, cozy and comfortable for our family of 5 adults. We enjoyed cooking meals in the very well-stocked kitchen and didn't get to spend nearly enough time hanging out in the backyard. Our plan was to barbecue but we ran out of time! All of us were so sorry to leave. This place is a gem and we hope to return to it again. Owner was so easy to work with and everything was exactly as described.
Highly recommended vacation rental
This rental surpassed my expectations and was the perfect place for my visiting family. My sister, her husband, and two kids (ages 6 and 3) were visiting me from Chile for ten days and needed a home base. The house was clean, exactly as pictured, warm, comfortable, and had everything they and I could possibly need. Additionally, it was pretty but not overly fancy so we didn't feel like we had to keep the kids off the furniture or anything. It was just right.
The street was cute, friendly, and quiet - I was dropping off groceries for them before they arrived and a neighbor walking his dog greeted me and immediately made me feel welcome. My sister's kids played soccer with some of the neighbors kids one day and had a great time. The backyard of the property had a cute bocci ball area and the kids had a blast playing hide and seek, attempting bocci ball, and we ate outside (even in winter because it was so nice!).
The living room was comfortable, and connected to the kitchen, which we loved. It was really nice to be able to see the kids in the living room while we were cooking. The five of us ate at the counter or outside and it was perfect. The kitchen was well stocked, had plenty of space, it was ventilated properly (we cooked a lot of fish), and fun to cook in. The heating and fireplace worked perfectly so we never worried about being cold.
The bedrooms were the perfect size (not too big, not too small - I dislike having too much extra space), had plenty of shelves and space for luggage, the beds were comfortable, and the windows were easy to open.
Additionally, it was nice in and of itself that there was a washer and dryer, but extra wonderful they were big so my sister had no problem getting all the kids crazy amounts of laundry - it may be winter, but we went to the beach every day and the kids loved getting in the water. The beach is extremely accessible - we walked to it everyday except one - and beautiful. If you aren't familiar with the area, the house is also within 15 - 30 min of Capitola and Santa Cruz, and there is just so much to do and so many beaches to go to. Even in winter, the kids had a great time at the Santa Cruz boardwalk. There are a ton of great restaurants around - and there is a Mexican restaurant, an Indian restaurant, and a fantastic ice cream place, within a mile of the rental.
The owner was also welcoming and accessible, although we didn't have any issues to fix. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this rental.
Very comfortable beach bungalow with nearly all of the amenities. Outdoor patio is the best!
Everything was clean and comfortable including the two queen beds. Super nice bath towels, too. Quiet neighborhood and overall very relaxing location.
We had a great stay at the Kennedy house. The bocce ball court was a big hit. The short walk to Seacliff State Beach was perfect. We enjoyed all of the amenities and would recommend this house to others.
Two nights in Aptos
Equipped with everything we needed including an awesome gas stove with grill. Lots of sporting equipment that we didn't use, but nice to know it was there!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
• Holidays: Please inquire about Holiday rates and minimum duration's for New Years, Martin Luther King, Presidents' Weekends, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. • Summer is our busy season so in order to accommodate all our guests we ask that you book dates adjacent to other bookings (I.E. Dates that don't leave a one day gap in our schedule) • Santa Cruz County Transient Occupancy Tax Certificate #CO00179