Beautiful, Sunny 2,000 Sqft Top-Floor Flat with Views
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Eu falo português y hablo español tambien.
HELLO, and welcome to my home in San Francisco! My name is Rob and I live in this spacious, 3-bedroom apt smack in the center of SF. For more info about me, check out my profile.
Note that I live here year round, but occasionally I rent out the apt while I'm traveling.
My expansive 2,000 sq ft/ 190 sqm (some have called it oddly large) flat sits alone on the top of a 3 unit building. The location is right in the center of San Francisco, in a cool neighborhood called NOPA. Within a few blocks of my place you'll find great cafes, new restaurants, and quirky bars PLUS lots of parks, including Alamo Square, the Panhandle and Golden Gate Park (all within 10 min walk).
-- THE APARTMENT --
* 2 BR / 2 Full Baths with tubs and showers
* PLUS - two high quality inflatable mattresses
* High ceilings and beautiful white oak hardwood floors throughout
* Huge 400 sqft master bedroom with queen bed, 6' X 8' walk-in closet, a separate sitting area with couch, and views of Buenva Vista park and twin peaks
* Large 2nd bedroom with queen bed and 4' X 6' walk-in closet
* Huge living room / dinning room with 6 bay windows affording tons of natural light and views of classic victorian buildings
* New HE washing machine and gas heated dryer
* Potential for one parking space in garage (check with me first)
* Patio/garden terrace with 2 BBQ grills
-- THE KITCHEN --
* The kitchen is fully stocked (dishes, silverware, glasses, etc)
* Gourmet stainless steel cookware and cutlery
* Gas range/oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and Cuisinart food processor
* Eat-in breakfast nook perfect for 2 - 3
-- APT LAYOUT --
The apt is very expansive, affording privacy even for big groups. In the rear half of the apt is the master bedroom, the 1st bath and separate laundry room. In the front half sits the kitchen, the 2nd bedroom, 2nd bath and the massive living room/ dining room.
-- THE LOCATION --
* Very central, accessible location at Golden Gate Ave and Baker St. Get to anywhere in the city for less than $15 using Uber or Lyft (ride sharing apps)
* Quiet residential street with a good mix of young families and singles
* 4 blocks from the famous seven Painted Ladies and Alamo Square park
* 5 blocks from the Panhandle of Golden Gate park
* Great of bars, restaurants and cafes all within an easy walk
* Seven (7) bus lines all within 5 blocks or less, including the MUNI 5, 21, 22, 24, 31, 38 and 43, providing access to virtually all of SF by bus.
-- WHY NOPA --
I love the NOPA/Alamo Square neighborhood because of its central location and its easy-going vibe. It has a great mix of young families, hipsters and professionals, and it's quite safe. I also love seeing new retail (BiRite!), restaurants and bars open up all the time here. The area is still in the midst of a great renaissance!
Great public transportation options are here as well, with several bus routes within 5 blocks or less, including the 5, 21, 22, 24, 31, 38 and 43 MUNI lines (yes, 7 different bus lines!). These can take you virtually to any part of the city.
Keywords: Alamo Square, Painted Ladies, USF, North Panhandle, NOPA, St Mary's, Hayes Valley, Cole Valley, Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, Lower Pacific Heights, Western Addition, UCSF Medical Center, The Presidio
Member since: 2010
- On floor 3
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Queen size Beds (2) Each bedroom has one queen bed. The master bedroom bed is a high-quality foam mattress, on a very firm platform bed. The second bedroom is a extra thick mattress with a 'Euro Top', also on a platform bed., Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) UPDATED - There are TWO high-quality air mattresses: one is a twin-sized aerobed and the other is a queen-sized Wenzel Instabed (80' x 60' x 22'). There are also two couches in the apt....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Jan 31, 2017
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Cleaning $100
- Tax Rate 14%
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
There are an unlimited number of things to do in San Francisco, but I love the music scene and the access to the great outdoors!
FOR MUSIC -- If you're a live music fan, the world famous Fillmore Auditorium is just a 10 minute walk downhill, or you can go to The Independent, a mere 5 blocks away for some of the best independent music in San Francisco. Also, the Symphony, Ballet and Opera houses are a quick 10 minute bus ride on the #21 MUNI bus.
FOR EXERCISE -- Golden Gate Park is just FIVE blocks away, and is the perfect place for running, biking, walking, etc. Plus, there are dozens of yoga and Pilates studios within an easy walk. And, an excellent lap swimming pool and gym is located just a few blocks at The Koret Center. A morning/weekend pass there costs only $78 for a 15 visits.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: My name is Rob and I am an explorer at heart. I've lived all over the US, (NY, Connecticut, Alabama, Georgia, DC, Virginia, Michigan), but have made my home in San Francisco for many years. I'm a social guy, love hanging out with friends, and am fortunate to have traveled and lived in many diverse places. I have a real passion for budget travel, and I've explored many parts of Asia, Europe and Latin America, and actually spent a couple of years living in Brazil (which by the way has totally killed my spoken Spanish, but I do still understand the language). Besides travel, my other passions include music, food, international affairs and generally being outside. My ideal guests are people who are conscientious, respectful and clean. I love it when people stay at my place and treat it as if it were there own home. Thanks for taking the time to read my profile. I look forward to hosting and helping you make the most of your time in San Francisco.
Why the Owner Chose North of the Panhandle, San Francisco, CA, USA:
I love the NOPA/Alamo Square neighborhood because of its central location and its easy-going vibe. It has a great mix of young families, hipsters and professionals, and it's quite safe. I also love seeing new retail (BiRite!), restaurants and bars open up all the time here. The area is in the midst of a great renaissance!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
I want all my guests to have an amazing experience in San Francisco. So in addition to the great peace and comfort you will enjoy in my flat, I am here to help make your trip memorable with suggested itineraries and locals-only tips for making the most of your vacation -- especially should you share my passion for music! Also, since I travel a lot, I have a pair of property managers who live next door should you ever need anything during your stay.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to my home in San Francisco!
The living room/ dining room is sunny and gets tons of light from 6 bay windows
The apt is quite long - all the way down there is the master bedroom (60' away)
Master bedroom platform bed
Master bedroom view of Buena Vista park, Sutro Tower and Twin Peaks
Sitting area in 2nd bedroom with space for queen size air-bed
Everyone loves the Breakfast Nook in the kitchen (seats 3 - 4)
2nd full bath, across the hall from the 2nd bedroom
The living room/ dining room is quite large at 380 sqft
Living room view of victorians across the street from my flat
Looking into the master bedroom, which is quite large at 400 sqft
Master bedroom sitting area and walk-in closet
The 2nd bedroom is also quite spacious
Kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher and gourmet cookware
1st full bath, which is adjacent to the master
Patio/garden area with 2 BBQs and wrought iron furniture
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM