A Lake Summit Getaway to Hamilton Hill Home in the Blue Ridge Mountains.(1 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
A Spacious Two Story Rustic And Elegant Home, Located On Beautiful Lake Summit.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- Max. occupancy 11
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The Master Bath is the newest addition to the house. It is very upscale, using mountain stone. Private dressing area also included. The Guest Bath is also on the Main Level. Downstairs, the two bedrooms are separated by the third full bath. There is a heated, outdoor shower located at the Boat House....moreless
- The Green River feeds into Lake Summit, so be prepared for some cold, invigorating water as you have fun with swimming and water sports. Even the drinking water is refreshingly cold. Hopefully, you and your family will take time to sit on the dock at night and be lucky enough to see 'shooting stars' cross the mountain sky. One of my favorite things to do, is take a 'Cocktail Cruise' in the pontoon boat that I've included in your rental. If you head East, your cruise will take you to the train trestle, the dam, and then head West into a Spectacular Summit Sunset. Go slowly around Rose Island and Camp Mondamin, and you will end up back at the boathouse. Lake Summit is the perfect location for slowing down time and enjoying the precious moment....moreless
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Room
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Cleaning Service $200
- Taxes Not included
Total Rental Fee of $4,600 must be paid 3 weeks prior to your designated week. $400 refund will be mailed to you once the property has been inspected. $200 is the Cleaning Fee. For your convenience, the property may be rented from either Saturday to Saturday OR Sunday to Sunday.
Please refer to secure Payment Options listed
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Besides the communities of Saluda and Flat Rock, and the city of Hendersonvile, Asheville, NC, is only 30 miles away. It features the newest Sierra Nevada and New Belgium Breweries (Fat Tire Beer), great variety of dining, mountain music and jazz, and the famous Biltmore House, Gardens & Winery.
The town of Brevard is 25 miles to the West, home of Brevard School of Music featuring summer evening, outdoor concerts with visiting conductors and musicians. The quaint city of Brevard is the center of Appalachian fly-fishing via the pristine Davidson River, including lessons for beginners or guides for the advanced angler. Nearby, the expansive DuPont Forest offers hiking and biking trails at no charge.
One of the hottest, newest attractions in conjunction with the Green River Rafting Company (located in nearby Saluda) is the state-of-the-art Zipline Facility, offering a variety of thrilling glides through virgin forests of the Green River Gorge. Rock climbing is also offered.
About the owner: I have spent most summers here on Lake Summit, enjoying the days filled with water activities and fun with cool nights and warm days. I learned to swim here off the rock steps, as did my children and grandchildren. As a designer, I wanted quaint comfort and easy living with beauty out every window.
Why the Owner Chose Saluda, NC, USA:
If you have never been to Lake Summit (or even heard of it, for that matter) you are in for an real treat! The homes, cabins, and lake cottages here are passed from one generation to the next since 1921, when the Green River was dammed to form this 324-acre body of water known as Lake Summit. It is still accessible only by a gravel road which probably which gives it further charm. The 125 residents of Lake Summit appreciate this pristine sanctuary and safe quality of life. It is home to 3 of the most famous camps in the Country… Greystone, Green Cove and Mondamin.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Coming to 'the lake you will remember the cool mountain breeze and the beautiful green waters fresh from the Green River and magnificent views of the mountains. Lake Summit is all about blending with nature. There is much to do than lake activities. Take your family to Asheville, The Biltmore, neighboring national parks - Dupont and Pisgah National Forest. Nearby Saluda has river rafting kayaking and a zip line. For theater lovers, the famous Flat Rock playhouse and Carl Sandburg's Park with barn animals including the original goats.
- Primary: 4045501833 Call between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday - Sunday
- Tertiary: +1 2038564745 Call for home maintenance/service problems
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.