2 BD Little Gasparilla cottage sitting directly on the sandy beach!
Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
RoseMary's BeachHouse is truly a gem. This delightful beach cottage has been totally renovated and redecorated with an eye for detail. From the granite countertops to the elegant, upscale tropical furnishings, this home has been meticulously and lavishly appointed. The open plan living and dining area offers views of the Gulf from EVERY window and the kitchen is a dream! The home is fully equipped with everything you need for your beach vacation including wi-fi, a washer and dryer, dishwasher, trash compactor, brand new Weber electric grill (no lugging charcoal to the island!) and state-of-the art GE Advantium Microwave-Convection oven. (please note there is not a conventional oven.) You need only bring your bathing suit and groceries! The master bedroom offers views of the Gulf, and stained glass doors for added privacy. The second bedroom is tucked away in the back of the house for peace and serenity. This home has not been rented in the past....the owners designed it for their own personal taste and comfort. For that reason, it does not represent the typical beach rental property....it is truly an elegant beachfront home, not a 'rental unit'. it provides the perfect spot for a romantic getaway, for a small family or two couples. Maximum occupancy is 4 guests.
Downstairs, lush tropical foliage surrounds the house and a ground-level deck allows you to sit in the shade, watch your children on the beach and still be just steps from the house.
The beach, however, is everyone's main focus and it is superb...clean and pristine, rarely crowded, teeming with dolphins, shore birds, sea turtles and the occasional manatee. You can fish off the dock -- or off the beach right in front of the house. Beach chairs are provided for your comfort and your rental also includes use of a dock slip if you choose to rent a boat. Ask us about kayak rentals, golf cart rentals and stand up paddle boards...we can help you arrange the most active vacation -- or you can simply relax on the beach and do nothing. Your rental also includes the services of our island concierge who will meet you at the dock and help transport luggage and groceries to the house for you.
RoseMary's Beach House combines both elegance and luxury with the rustic charm of a tropical beach vacation...sure to be a spot you will want to return to again and again!
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has an electric grill so no charcoal is needed.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack BUT you have to purchase data AND YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. You can either bring a Verizon card with you OR we can sell you one when we bring over the jetpack. You can buy as much data as you need, but it IS expensive....so we urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. and most people use about 2G of data per week which is $35. 5G is $60 and 10G is $100. (It is sort of like a cruise where you have to pay for the minutes you are on-line.) You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. If you bring a Verizon card with you, we can show you how to add the data. Or, we can pre-add data prior to your arrival but you have to let us know how much you think you will need. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland, and anything that uses up a lot of data will increase your costs. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.