Fish and relax just feet from the Nottely River! One of a kind riverfront property located on the beautiful Nottely River and next to a 25 acre meadow. The new Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino is just a 20 minute drive - but a world away! Enjoy the wild turkey, deer, and abundant wild life, or go trout fishing just feet from the chalet. Relax on the covered porch or the riverside gazebo as you listen to the rapids from the fish trap that was made by the indigenous Indians in times gone by. True end of the road privacy!
For the kids, the Trout Chalet has Ping Pong, air hockey, and Xbox 360. Everybody is happy!
The property includes two 1,200 sq. ft. chalets and is located just 15 minutes from Murphy NC and Blairsville GA. Antique shops and flea markets are just minutes away. Rent one or both chalets for the perfect getaway! Combined, the two chalets sleep 10. The Tranquil Chalet sleeps 6 and the Trout Chalet sleeps 4. This listing is for the Trout Chalet.
Our family spent years camping. We always hoped to get one of the camp sites next to the creek at Vogel State Park so we could relax to the sounds of the rushing water. That rarely happened…
As my wife and I grew older, we got tired of the walk to the communal bathroom, lousy showers, lack of privacy, and the not so great sleep in the camper. As our kids grew older, the allure of sleeping in a tent with no WiFi faded so we set out in search of the next best thing that allows us to enjoy all of the outdoor benefits of camping, but with all the comforts of home. We found it at River Run!
We chose this property because it is very unique and incredibly relaxing. The property is located at the end of a mile long dirt road on a level 1 acre fenced lot. You can rent one or both chalets depending on your needs. The covered wrap-around metal roofed porches are just feet from the Nottely River. You can fish, hike, go antiquing, sit by the fire and listen to the river, BBQ on the outdoor grill, watch the cows graze across the river, or just sit on the porch in the rockers and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Nottely River.
The two chalets offer something for all members of the family to enjoy while on vacation:
• Husband can trout fish while the wife goes antiquing. The best of both worlds!
• Rent both chalets and give your teenagers the privacy they want and the privacy you desire.
• Ideal for two families to vacation together and still give each other privacy.
• Ideal for a family reunion.
• Do the adults want to sleep in a real bed and take a shower in a real bathroom but the kids want to camp? We have tents and sleeping bags for the kids so they can sleep in the great outdoors next to the fire. Kind of like camping but much better for the adults!
• Kayak or tube down the Nottely River. The property is 2.5 miles downstream from Nottely dam. You can get into the river at the base of the dam.
• Rent a pontoon boat on nearby Lake Nottely.
The fish themed Trout Chalet is designed to be giant game room with beds. It includes WiFi, vintage Xbox 360, Ping Pong, and air hockey. Got a moody teenager with friends who want their privacy? Or wants to play their music too loud? Or wants to watch something different on TV? No problem! The Trout Chalet is the perfect kid’s getaway while you enjoy the peace and relaxation of the Tranquil Chalet. They are happy and you are happy! Perfect!
The Tranquil Chalet is more refined and is ideal for those looking for a more relaxed experience with just the adults in mind, but the kids are welcome! They just won’t have as much fun as staying in the Trout Chalet…
Trout Chalet (Green Metal Roof)
• The Trout Chalet is fish themed and designed like a giant game room with beds. It includes Ping Pong, XBOX 360, and an air hockey table.
• Sleeps 6
• 2 Bedrooms, 2 full baths
• Rock fireplace
• Fully stocked kitchen
• Porch rockers
• Wrap around covered front porch. Porch is 50 feet from Nottely River.
• Gazebo with dining table on the river.
• 1 acre fenced-in lot
• Fire pit
• Outdoor grill
• Cell phone reception
• Beautiful canopy of huge River Birch.