About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Sleeps 8
'Downtown Penthouse' is located in the heart of downtown South Lake Tahoe on the strip between the casinos and the Heavenly Gondola in the Heavenly Village. Located above Cecil's, this private, luxury penthouse is 3,800 square feet and comes equipped with its own private hot tub. It has a gourmet kitchen with barstools and seating at the dining table for 10. The living room is separated into two sitting areas, one with a gas fireplace and the other with surround sound theatre system. This house has A/C!
Bedroom 1: 1 King
Bedroom 2: 1 King
Bedroom 3: 1 Queen
Bedroom 4: 2 Twins
**Gas BBQ accessible during the summer months only.**
Buckingham Properties Lake Tahoe
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 20, 2018
About Buckingham Properties Lake Tahoe
Buckingham Properties Lake Tahoe is a property management company located in South Lake Tahoe, specializing in luxury. We offer a unique variety of South Lake Tahoe vacation rentals, ranging from deluxe cabins to elegant homes and condos. As a guest, you are provided with complimentary amenities including shampoos & conditioners, hand and body soaps, dishwasher soap, paper products and garbage bags. All linens are provided and cleaned prior to each arrival (bath towels, bed linens, kitchen hand towels). Kitchens are all fully stocked with all the dinnerware and cookware you will need for your stay. Whether you are planning a Lake Tahoe wedding, a summer getaway with the family, or your perfect winter ski vacation, we take pride in our services and can help you enjoy your vacation so that you can experience the best Lake Tahoe has to offer. Let us help you create the adventure of a lifetime in one of our premier South Lake Tahoe vacation rentals!
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
We had a large group of friends stay here in March and I have to say this place was outstanding. Can't beat the location at the base of Heavenly, rooms are spacious, great layout... the gripes about noise and the occasional smell from Stateline Brewery down below are valid, but I can't see how you could ding this property - it just comes with the territory.
A few suggestions for Buckingham Properties:
1. The elevator code works 30-40% of the time. The panel is old, probably needs to be replaced.
2. You should include the wiki network/password, door codes, elevator code in the Home Away app. I rented two houses this weekend and the other house had all information included in the app. For the Penthouse I had to call and get the codes.
3. I would include some instructions on what needs to be done for check-out. Again, I called and got all the information I needed. You should just include general instructions in the app and avoid phone calls, for your own sake
We had a great experience and I would highly recommend this property to anyone!
Hello, Michael! Thank you for your great review on the Downtown Penthouse!
For your suggestions:
Thank you for bringing the elevator issue up to us; we have notified the property owner.
For the code information and checkout procedures, our app through Home Away (Hospitality app) does include this information. On the main screen, if you scroll down to the section that reads, "HV24 - Downtown: Click on the attachment to view detailed directions and access codes to HV24 - The Downtown Penthouse", and click on "Show All", you can select link for "HV24 Access Information", and all of the code and checkout information are listed there, as well as the parking procedures, emergency contact information, and more.
The perfect location
We enjoyed staying in the penthouse. The location was perfect for skiing and night time entertainment.
The beds were comfortable and the loft was spacious. We couldn’t ask for a better experience:)
The general facility, and the location, we are perfect for our group of eight 60-year-old men.
A couple of notes on the facility:
1. The elevator code system is very inconsistent. 75% of the time the code would only get you to the third floor, where you would have to punch it in another one to five times to actually get to the fourth floor.
2. The upper room was extremely warm, as was the master bedroom right next to the kitchen. I know there's no air conditioning, but in the summer some fans to keep the air circulating in those rooms would be appropriate.
3. Some sort of a dolly, or hotel style "Bellman's Trolly" would help very much to get luggage, ice chests, etc. up to the penthouse from the parking lot.
4. If there is Wi-Fi, access code to that should be listed on the information left on the table just outside of the elevator, in the entry hall.
5. It would help for there to be some sort of instructions about how much cleanup is to be done before departing. Are beds to be stripped, dishes to be done, towels to be put in the washer, etc.?
6. BBQ lighting instructions should be posted out by the grill.
7. TV and sound system operating instructions should be posted at the AV station.
8. In the left side kitchen sink, the plug, or stopper, is somehow jammed in the drain. That needs to be repaired.
In any case, those are our observations. Again, in general, this was just what the doctor ordered for our group, and Katie Burke was a great help in making the whole experience work for us!!!
Great Location...aside from street noise and smell
We loved this place except for a few things. 1) The master bedroom that is on the street can be loud at night. The music and street sounds can be heard until the wee hours of the night. 2) As you have red in previous reviews the smell from the restaurant below dose come up into the unit and you can see a haze in the unit at times. Also yes the elevator does smell bad! The carpet needs to be removed and put hard flooring down. This would make the elevator much easier to keep clean and to keep the smell out.
My sister got married at the Edgewood and all of the wedding guests stayed in hotels to the right and left of the penthouse . The penthouse was in the perfect spot to have people come over for lunch or dinner With plenty of room to spare at the big table. Sitting on the outside deck (not pictured anywhere) was super enjoyable at night and we got to watch fireworks coming from the direction of Harvey's .
The Penthouse was exactly as I expected from the photos and description . My family is still raving about how amazing it was . So thank you !
The back entry from the loading dock felt a little funny at first , but I quickly learned I could enter from the shopping center side . Also entering the elevator code took a little getting used to , but just remembering not to go too fast did the trick.
Buckingham was great and very responsive! I admit the very detailed contract initially intimated me, But no worries as they got the deposit back to me right away. I'm sure their contract has gotten bigger over time due to renters who don't know how to respect others properties .
Centralized South Tahoe--no need to drive
Gorgeous and spacious! Walk to casino, grocery store and beach. Fifth bedroom has skylight window in back hallway to full laundry room! We had two adults in there they had a Queen bed plus it fit a Queen air mattress that we brought. Kitchen had everything we needed including crockpot and blender. Master is room next to living room great double shower! Lots of space for ten people! Balcony has table w six chairs and just so nice of a space. Extra cars parked at casino was pretty close no hassle! Only thing--- bring febreeze for elevator. They need to replace carpet in there it stinks! Restaurant below bringing carts of dirty dishes I think that's what is in the carpet. You don't really smell it in rental but going in out It's a bit smelly. Great rental aside from that you cannot beat the location!!!!
Additional information about rental rates
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees Security Deposit $600 Default: $600 Charge basis: STAY
During Spring & Fall (Thanksgiving:4 Night Min).................... $450/Night
During Summer & Winter (4th of July:4 Night Min ) ..................... $550/Night
During Christmas (5 Night Min) .................................... $800/Night
During New Years (7 Night Min) .................................... $900/Night
$275 Cleaning Fee. $75 Hot Tub Cleaning Fee. $50 Damage Fee.
$4.50 per night Measure Z Tax. 10% Tax Applies to Nightly Rate,
Cleaning and Hot Tub (not damage fee). Add 6% to total of above items if paying by
credit card for a transaction fee. Travel Insurance is available, please inquire.