Walk to the Beach and Village(30 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-6 nights
- Property type:Townhome
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Retreat Located 1/2 Block From Village Amenities and 3 Blocks from Beach
BRAND NEW,TOP-OF-LINE, POWERFUL CENTRAL AIRCONDITIONING HAS RECENTLY BEEN INSTALLED (even though really not needed as so close to the beach that the residence enjoys the cool ocean breezes) !.
All appliances and designer furnishings in this sophisticated contemporary are brand new as of November 2013. There is sleeping for four – the master bedroom has a king bed, the guest bedroom has two full beds; all mattresses are Plushtops. The granite countertop kitchen is fully equipped. There is a dining room for six and includes a kitchen island for additional dining. There is also a brand new washer and dryer in utility room. Free Cable TV and WI-fi Internet come with the rental.
The retreat has a large, private deck with a dining area for 4, a BBQ, and an outdoor sofa for lounging in the evenings under the canopy of lights and a large tree.
The house is in a great location for enjoying the amenities of La Jolla and the San Diego area. La Jolla is a friendly town for walking. It is just 6 blocks to the Beach and less than 1/2 block La Jolla Village businesses, dining, shopping and other activities are right next to the retreat – town center, museums, restaurants, shops and businesses. A delightful Sunday Farmers Market is a source of fresh produce and unique crafts. The Coggan Aquatic Center with Olympic-size pool and sports complex offering tennis courts, track, baseball fields and basketball courts is located just two blocks east of the home.
As an alternative to strolling thru La Jolla, the main public bus line stops within a block of the house and provides transportation throughout La Jolla and south to Pacific Beach, Mission Bay and other San Diego destinations. Beach bikes are also readily available for rental. The retreat has street parking space for one car.
Come and enjoy the beauty and weather provided by our fabulous La Jolla!
Welcome to La Jolla and “your home away from home”. In Spanish, La Jolla means 'the jewel,' and as a local resident of La Jolla, CA for more then 20 years, I am proud to call this ‘jewel’ home and look forward to you exploring and discovering this breathtaking, Mediterranean-style seaside town - sitting on cliffs flanking the ocean. Enjoy Your Visit & ‘Your Home’
– Thank you, Owner, Lisa Widmier
Exploring La Jolla:
There is no shortage of things to explore and discover right in La Jolla from eating at top restaurants with expansive views to strolling along the ‘cove’ to learning to ocean kayak to taking in a show at our Tony Award-winning Playhouse.
Here is a short list of my top 10 picks for places to discover:
1. La Jolla Playhouse: If there's a show on, don't miss the Tony Award-winning La Jolla Playhouse - in the past 20 years, they've launched no less than nine plays to Broadway (including Jersey Boys, I Am My Own Wife and Memphis), with six of them winning Tony Awards and one garnering a Pulitzer Prize.
2. Mount Soledad: Climbing up to the Mount Soledad War memorial affords magnificent views of La Jolla, San Diego and beyond.
3. Torrey Pines Reserve: Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve is located within San Diego city limits and yet remains one of the wildest stretches of land on our Southern California coast! Because of the efforts and foresight of the people in this area, 2000 acres of land are as they were before San Diego was developed -with the chaparral plant community, the rare and elegant Torrey pine trees, miles of unspoiled beaches and a lagoon that is vital to migrating seabirds. Well worth taking a few hours to hike (easy hiking tails) to explore this Park.
4. La Jolla Cove & Shores: This is still the number one draw for visitors from around the globe; a simple stroll along the seawall above the cliffs will quickly reveal why? La Jolla Cove is a small, picturesque cove and beach that is surrounded by cliffs in La Jolla, San Diego, California. The Cove is protected as part of a marine reserve; underwater it is very rich in marine life, and is popular with snorkelers and scuba divers.
The swells that often roll in from the open ocean here can be rather large and strong, and so being in the water at the Cove is not always suitable for people who do not have good water skills. The water temperature is also often a little colder than the average San Diego beach, and the beach has the disadvantage that the dry sand area is very small at high tide. In contrast, during very low tides, a lot of interesting tide pools are revealed at the Cove.
5. Shop Girard Ave & Prospect Street: The choice of celebrities and bargain-hunters alike, La Jolla is for all who seek 'just for me' instead of 'me, too'. Here, you'll find the priceless and the popular. The haute couture and the comfortably familiar. The world's most luxurious brands and the everyday values. Who wouldn't you rather browse a beautiful seaside village than a crowded, noisy mall? However, it is the numerous art galleries that get my top pick for ways to shop or ‘window shop’ in my hometown.
6. Take in the Sunset: Take your pick from the WindanSea, The Shores or The Cove; all offer amazing places to watch the sunset. People camp out hours in advance with their lawn chairs and picnic dinners to experience one of the most photographed sunsets in the world.
7. La Jolla Open Aire Market: Every Sunday, the upper playground at La Jolla Elementary is transformed into a colorful, friendly and wholesome Farmer's Market. Come experience the community feel, live music, creative artisans, diverse food court, and local farm-fresh fruits, vegetables, and flowers. Consistently ranked as one of the largest and best farmers markets in San Diego, our Sunday Market in La Jolla has grown to become one of the premier weekly events for locals and tourists alike. Families and their kids can enjoy the live music, fresh air, playgrounds, and grass fields to run and play on.
8. Birch Aquarium at Scripps: Birch Aquarium at Scripps is the public exploration center for the world-renowned Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego. Perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the aquarium features more than 60 habitats of fishes and invertebrates from the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest to the tropical waters of Mexico and the Caribbean. An interactive museum showcases research discoveries by Scripps scientists on climate, Earth and ocean science.
9. Museum of Contemporary Art – La Jolla: At MCASD in La Jolla, take in the fabulous ocean view from the Edwards Garden Gallery, or lunch on the patio at the Museum Cafe. The La Jolla location also houses the Museum’s X Store, filled with a selection of contemporary art books, apparel, and innovative design objects.
10. Biking, ocean kayaking, paddle boarding, etc: The town was designed for outdoor ‘lovers’ and there is no shortage of ideas from renting cruiser bikers and exploring the town by bike to kayaking to learning to surf. However, my top pick, would be to rent a kayak and explore the La Jolla Caves.
And here is my top picks for places to eat from take out to casual dining to top-notch restaurants:
Great Take Out places ($-$$): El Pescador Fish Market, 627 Pearl Street or The Promiscuous Fork, 6984 La Jolla Blvd. *one of my favoriate things to do is grab take out from either of these places and watch the sunset at the La Jolla Cove or WindanSea Beach
Great Casual Dining places (aka very family friendly) ($-$$$): Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza, 702 Pearl Street or Prepkitchen, 7556 Fay Ave.
Great Top-Notch Restaurants with amazing views ($$$-$$$$): A.R. Valentien, The Lodge at Torrey Pines, ask for a table out on the deck and watch the sunset over the 18th hole of Torrey Pines Golf Course, rated one of the top restaurants for a reason, well worth the experience or Eddie V’s, 1270 Prospect Street, amazing views, service and food, one of my personal favorite places to dine.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- On floor 1
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High Summer 2017
May 27 - Sep 4, 2017
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Check Out Clean $150
- Property Damage Protection $59
Check In is at 4 pm on day of arrival and check out is at 11 am on day of departure. Rates are subject to change until reservation is booked and first payment is made. Reservations are non-refundable less than 30 days before check in.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Car: Not Necessary
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Welcome to La Jolla and “your home away from home”. In Spanish, La Jolla means 'the jewel,' and as a local resident of La Jolla, CA for more then 20 years, I am proud to call this ‘jewel’ home and look forward to you exploring and discovering this breathtaking, Mediterranean-style seaside town - sitting on cliffs flanking the ocean. Enjoy Your Visit & ‘Your Home’ – Thank you, Owner, Lisa Widmier
Why the Owner Chose La Jolla, San Diego, CA, USA:
This property is 1/2 block from town, so no car is needed during your stay.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
Eating outside under the canopy of an amazing tree and outdoor chandelier.
- Primary: 858-952-4743
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Family Room into Kitchen area (ceiling Fan and flat screen TV)
This Beach is THREE blocks from the residence!!!! Marine Street Beach
View from private deck back towards the residence
View of the Residence and Private Patio Deck
View from Living Room
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.