About the property
- Townhome1200 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
Retreat Located 1/2 Block From Village Amenities and 3 Blocks from Beach
Enjoy La Jolla and the San Diego area from a lovely residential neighborhood, just six blocks to the La Jolla Cove and 1/2 block from downtown La Jolla Village!
BRAND NEW,TOP-OF-LINE, POWERFUL CENTRAL AIRCONDITIONING HAS RECENTLY BEEN INSTALLED (even though really not needed as so close to the beach that the residence enjoys the cool ocean breezes) !.
All appliances and designer furnishings in this sophisticated contemporary are brand new as of November 2013. There is sleeping for four – the master bedroom has a king bed, the guest bedroom has two full beds; all mattresses are Plushtops. The granite countertop kitchen is fully equipped. There is a dining room for six and includes a kitchen island for additional dining. There is also a brand new washer and dryer in utility room. Free Cable TV and WI-fi Internet come with the rental.
The retreat has a large, private deck with a dining area for 4, a BBQ, and an outdoor sofa for lounging in the evenings under the canopy of lights and a large tree.
The house is in a great location for enjoying the amenities of La Jolla and the San Diego area. La Jolla is a friendly town for walking. It is just 6 blocks to the Beach and less than 1/2 block La Jolla Village businesses, dining, shopping and other activities are right next to the retreat – town center, museums, restaurants, shops and businesses. A delightful Sunday Farmers Market is a source of fresh produce and unique crafts. The Coggan Aquatic Center with Olympic-size pool and sports complex offering tennis courts, track, baseball fields and basketball courts is located just two blocks east of the home.
As an alternative to strolling thru La Jolla, the main public bus line stops within a block of the house and provides transportation throughout La Jolla and south to Pacific Beach, Mission Bay and other San Diego destinations. Beach bikes are also readily available for rental. The retreat has street parking space for one car.
Come and enjoy the beauty and weather provided by our fabulous La Jolla!
Welcome to La Jolla and “your home away from home”. In Spanish, La Jolla means 'the jewel,' and as a local resident of La Jolla, CA for more then 20 years, I am proud to call this ‘jewel’ home and look forward to you exploring and discovering this breathtaking, Mediterranean-style seaside town - sitting on cliffs flanking the ocean. Enjoy Your Visit & ‘Your Home’
– Thank you, Owner, Lisa Widmier
Exploring La Jolla:
There is no shortage of things to explore and discover right in La Jolla from eating at top restaurants with expansive views to strolling along the ‘cove’ to learning to ocean kayak to taking in a show at our Tony Award-winning Playhouse.
Here is a short list of my top 10 picks for places to discover:
1. La Jolla Playhouse: If there's a show on, don't miss the Tony Award-winning La Jolla Playhouse - in the past 20 years, they've launched no less than nine plays to Broadway (including Jersey Boys, I Am My Own Wife and Memphis), with six of them winning Tony Awards and one garnering a Pulitzer Prize.
2. Mount Soledad: Climbing up to the Mount Soledad War memorial affords magnificent views of La Jolla, San Diego and beyond.
3. Torrey Pines Reserve: Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve is located within San Diego city limits and yet remains one of the wildest stretches of land on our Southern California coast! Because of the efforts and foresight of the people in this area, 2000 acres of land are as they were before San Diego was developed -with the chaparral plant community, the rare and elegant Torrey pine trees, miles of unspoiled beaches and a lagoon that is vital to migrating seabirds. Well worth taking a few hours to hike (easy hiking tails) to explore this Park.
4. La Jolla Cove & Shores: This is still the number one draw for visitors from around the globe; a simple stroll along the seawall above the cliffs will quickly reveal why? La Jolla Cove is a small, picturesque cove and beach that is surrounded by cliffs in La Jolla, San Diego, California. The Cove is protected as part of a marine reserve; underwater it is very rich in marine life, and is popular with snorkelers and scuba divers.
The swells that often roll in from the open ocean here can be rather large and strong, and so being in the water at the Cove is not always suitable for people who do not have good water skills. The water temperature is also often a little colder than the average San Diego beach, and the beach has the disadvantage that the dry sand area is very small at high tide. In contrast, during very low tides, a lot of interesting tide pools are revealed at the Cove.
5. Shop Girard Ave & Prospect Street: The choice of celebrities and bargain-hunters alike, La Jolla is for all who seek 'just for me' instead of 'me, too'. Here, you'll find the priceless and the popular. The haute couture and the comfortably familiar. The world's most luxurious brands and the everyday values. Who wouldn't you rather browse a beautiful seaside village than a crowded, noisy mall? However, it is the numerous art galleries that get my top pick for ways to shop or ‘window shop’ in my hometown.
6. Take in the Sunset: Take your pick from the WindanSea, The Shores or The Cove; all offer amazing places to watch the sunset. People camp out hours in advance with their lawn chairs and picnic dinners to experience one of the most photographed sunsets in the world.
7. La Jolla Open Aire Market: Every Sunday, the upper playground at La Jolla Elementary is transformed into a colorful, friendly and wholesome Farmer's Market. Come experience the community feel, live music, creative artisans, diverse food court, and local farm-fresh fruits, vegetables, and flowers. Consistently ranked as one of the largest and best farmers markets in San Diego, our Sunday Market in La Jolla has grown to become one of the premier weekly events for locals and tourists alike. Families and their kids can enjoy the live music, fresh air, playgrounds, and grass fields to run and play on.
8. Birch Aquarium at Scripps: Birch Aquarium at Scripps is the public exploration center for the world-renowned Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego. Perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the aquarium features more than 60 habitats of fishes and invertebrates from the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest to the tropical waters of Mexico and the Caribbean. An interactive museum showcases research discoveries by Scripps scientists on climate, Earth and ocean science.
9. Museum of Contemporary Art – La Jolla: At MCASD in La Jolla, take in the fabulous ocean view from the Edwards Garden Gallery, or lunch on the patio at the Museum Cafe. The La Jolla location also houses the Museum’s X Store, filled with a selection of contemporary art books, apparel, and innovative design objects.
10. Biking, ocean kayaking, paddle boarding, etc: The town was designed for outdoor ‘lovers’ and there is no shortage of ideas from renting cruiser bikers and exploring the town by bike to kayaking to learning to surf. However, my top pick, would be to rent a kayak and explore the La Jolla Caves.
And here is my top picks for places to eat from take out to casual dining to top-notch restaurants:
Great Take Out places ($-$$): El Pescador Fish Market, 627 Pearl Street or The Promiscuous Fork, 6984 La Jolla Blvd. *one of my favoriate things to do is grab take out from either of these places and watch the sunset at the La Jolla Cove or WindanSea Beach
Great Casual Dining places (aka very family friendly) ($-$$$): Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza, 702 Pearl Street or Prepkitchen, 7556 Fay Ave.
Great Top-Notch Restaurants with amazing views ($$$-$$$$): A.R. Valentien, The Lodge at Torrey Pines, ask for a table out on the deck and watch the sunset over the 18th hole of Torrey Pines Golf Course, rated one of the top restaurants for a reason, well worth the experience or Eddie V’s, 1270 Prospect Street, amazing views, service and food, one of my personal favorite places to dine.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
About Lisa Widmier
Welcome to La Jolla and “your home away from home”. In Spanish, La Jolla means 'the jewel,' and as a local resident of La Jolla, CA for more then 20 years, I am proud to call this ‘jewel’ home and look forward to you exploring and discovering this breathtaking, Mediterranean-style seaside town - sitting on cliffs flanking the ocean. Enjoy Your Visit & ‘Your Home’ – Thank you, Owner, Lisa Widmier
Lisa Widmier purchased this Townhome in 2013
Why Lisa Widmier chose Village of La Jolla
This property is 1/2 block from town, so no car is needed during your stay.
What makes this Townhome unique
Eating outside under the canopy of an amazing tree and outdoor chandelier.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
I loved my bohemian beach cottage!!!!!
This was a great place to stay. The landlord was easy to work with and she offered cleaning services with a super, great housekeeper. They both were personable and easy to get to know. The apartment was extremely comfortable, homey, well stocked and convenient to downtown La jolla. Everything was just a few steps away, including the beach. I loved sitting outside in the little sitting area. I am returning in March because I loved it so much.
We lucked out finding this place as Lisa had a last minute cancellation and this became available. Completely re-done, VERY clean and easily accommodates 4 people -- the seating outside is a great touch giving you a little extra room to enjoy the weather and spread out. Lisa is a GREAT host. Would definitely like to come to back.
Fantastic location & comfort!
Beautiful clean home. Truly a home away from home!
Super clean and organized, perfect size for family of 4. Great location, very accommodating owner!
We would stay here again or at any of Lisa's other properties. Beautifully furnished and was the cleanest rental I have ever stayed in. The no pet policy was wonderful for us due to allergy sufferers. Charming outdoor patio and close to a beautiful, quiet beach with amazing sunset views. Lisa was easily accessible and made great recommendations.
Great property and location
My husband and I spent a month at this rental. We loved the proximity to beach, coffee shops, restaurants, and grocery store. We didn't rent a car during our stay because we were walking distance to everything we needed!
The unit itself was plenty spacious for two people, and the extra bedroom with two double beds made it convenient to have occasional visitors.
Lisa was a great, very responsive host. She lived next door and was available to answer questions or otherwise assist us whenever we needed it.
We would definitely recommend this rental to others!
Thank you for your feedback. You were TERRIFIC guests and I do hope that you will return again!
CANNOT WAIT TO COME BACK!!!!!!
My husband and our two children had an amazing stay at this quite but centrally located piece of paradise. We had so much fun walking to the beach and Lisa provided us with the beach chairs and umbrellas and blankets/towels that we needed. Every evening (I was on a cooking holiday!!) - we walked a very short (within one block!) distance to a different restaurant every night. The residence was equipped with everything that we needed. My daughter was queen of breakfast cooking and we so enjoyed our daily breakfast on our private patio every morning. My husband did BBQ (we had our own BBQ) one night and that was special also. The residence is fully outfitted and totally new - all furnishings are new and it is totally immaculent as I am obssessive about being clean. Coming back so do not book end of August! We want it!!!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Check In is at 4 pm on day of arrival and check out is at 11 am on day of departure. Rates are subject to change until reservation is booked and first payment is made. Reservations are non-refundable less than 30 days before check in.