Unique Villa on Beach in Front of Burro’S Surf Break in Private/Gated Community(40 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 5 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 5 Baths, (Sleeps 10 - 12)
This beach lover's ocean front property, which also borders a lush palm-surrounded riverbed, is located on the sand directly in front of the well known 'Burro's' surf break, in a community called Punta del Burro. It is one of the earliest Punta Mita developments, which accounts for both its charm and its isolation – it is not adjacent to any town or village, and, as the rest of Punta Mita, it is far from any of the problems currently associated with border towns and other urban centers in Mexico. It is private, it is safe, and you will experience the luxury of being able to watch the surf from either the patio in front of the main house, the private palapa off the Master Bedroom, or under the palm trees in the cozy sand-level sitting area.
The property consists of 4 'casas':
1. Casa Selvatica, the main house in front on the beach, and two cottages, Casa Buena Suerte and Casa Lilia in the gardens in back. Casa Selvatica is over 2000 square feet, has a living room, dining room, well-stocked kitchen, a guest room (queen bed) with patio downstairs and an entire master bedroom suite (king bed) upstairs with private palapa/patio look out area out over the ocean. Sleeps 4.
2. Casa Buena Suerte, a suite with a large bedroom (king bed), a living room with two sleepable couches and a kitchenette. (Sleeps 2 - 4)
And finally, on the path to the beach is:
3. Casa Lilia, a studio with queen bed also with a small kitchenette.
The three 'Casas' can sleep from 8 to 10 people.
4. As of May 2016, the new Star Patio - a loft apartment up in the trees - half covered by Palapa (thatched roof), half in the open air. Sleeps 2
Depending on your wishes and numbers of guests, you may rent the main house or a bungalow - we have various combinations to make it work for you. Please email to discuss.
Designed by architect Cristina Duque, these houses are full of creative exotic touches and unique approaches to design using tropical hard woods, cantera (Mexican volcanic stone), coral and marble. The large sweeping walkways, open air living areas, and high bamboo ceilings keep the houses cool year round. Tropical rare plants, orchids, haliconias, gingers, palms, cycads, fern trees, etc., dot the lush abundant landscaping designed by botanist Carlos Sacamano. Over 18 varieties of tropical birds are ever-present visitors to this beach, these gardens and the palm forest next to the river bed.
The Casa Selvatica property is located on just under an acre of land in Punto del Burro, one of Riviera Nayarit's most desirable secluded neighborhoods. The Punta del Burro community is gated, private and secure with 24/7 guard service. It is located approximately 25 miles north of Puerto Vallarta, 5 miles before the Punta De Mita Four Seasons Hotel, 3 miles past the new International Marina in Cruz de Huanacaxtle and 15 minutes from the surf town, Sayulita. Punto del Burro is secure, quiet, and beautiful, offering spectacular views of the bay as well as a fabulous white sand beach free of crowds and vendors.
If you enjoy walking through gardens and palm forests, you can find at the back of the property a newly planted orchard of many varieties of bananas, papayas, pineapples, oranges, lemons, limes, limas, tangerines, grapefruit, lychees, passion fruit, guavas, guanabanas (cheramoyas), mangos and avocados. Given the incredible growth patterns in the tropics, many of the trees are starting to bear and you may find your own 100 lb. bunch of bananas hanging in front of the house. Depending on the time of year, you might also find a vegetable garden full of many varieties of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, peas and many herbs: basil, oregano, parsley, chives, cilantro, etc.
The beauty of this property is that not only is it sitting directly on the sand in front of one of the area's best surf breaks, but it borders a lush tropical river bed with paths that go back through bamboo patches and palm trees ending up in an orchard surrounded by pink and orange bouganvilla plants - a true paradise for surfers, beach lovers, bird watchers, photographers, nature lovers and anyone who relishes the privacy and solitude afforded by a spectacular property and house located at the end of the road!
See the latest video of the surf on two of Punta del Burro's breaks: 1. 'Pools' and 2. In front of Casa Selvatica. You can view the video at: YouTube: Burro's Surf Break Casa Selvatica
HOLIDAY 2016: Dec. 17 - Jan. 3
There is a ONE WEEK minimum over the holidays: At least one week for Christmas and one week for New Years. Please email owner for pricing during this time
SURF INFO from Ryan:
The main peak at Burros is a fast rippable right with a short left. Often there is another peak which will have good lefts and the occasional fast right with a fun beach break as well. Directly in front of the house is a very forgiving wave, perfect for beginners - however, many prefer it to the point as it is never crowded. This wave also happens to be perfect for boogie boarders and stand up paddle boarders! Burros is known to hold any size swell as well as be a wave magnet when other spots aren't breaking. I would say the surf is usually chest high with bigger sets.
Other breaks nearby are Destilladeros, Veneros, La Lancha, El Coral, Anclote, El Faro, and, of course, Sayulita.
'The best surf in winter is found around Punta de Mita and inside the Bay of Banderas on the sheltered reefs such as Burros, Playa La Lancha, and El Faro.'
'Surfers In the Burros area report a sand and rock bottom with a right reef break and occasional barrels working with a west swell.'
'Surf in The North Shore of Banderas Bay: Punta Mita faces due South, with deep-water canyons focusing exceptional waves at off shore reefs. Punta del Burro and Destiladeras Beach among others, have the swells often times swing in with full Pacific power and it is usual to enjoy 8-12 ft waves throughout the year.'
Keywords: Rent one bungalow - or two - or the entire property located on the beach in small community of 20 houses. Perfect learners' wave right in front of the house! Surfboards, Stand Up Paddle Boards & Kayaks available.
Member since: 2006
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- Ipod Dock in Living Room with Bose 5 speaker system, High Speed Internet. Surfboards: 4 longboards, 3 soft boards 8', 1 soft board 9', 4 short boards; 2 stand up paddle boards; Kayaks: 2 double, 3 single; 4 boogie boards; competitian ping pong table, masks, fins, snorkels, fire pit on beach. (Note surfboards, SUPs and kayaks are available for rent only.)...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 14 people
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available
- Free Long Distance
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter - Spring
Jan 3 - Jan 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Feb 1 - Apr 7, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 8 - Apr 17, 2017
7 night min stay
Apr 18 - Jun 18, 2017
3 night min stay
Spring / Summer
Jun 19 - Jul 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Aug 1 - Oct 13, 2017
3 night min stay
Oct 14 - Nov 17, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 27 - Dec 18, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 19 - Jan 4, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Taxes Not included
1. We have two cottages with kitchenettes that rent for $100 - $200 - depending on number of people and season. One is a studio w/ queen bed the other a suite, with king bed in bedroom and two sleepable couches in the living room. And now we have our brand new 'Star Patio" Apartment, above the cottages in back up in the palm trees which consists of: queen bed, kitchenette, cute bathroom all under a palm thatched "Palapa" and a two person copper bathtub/shower, hammock and lounge chairs out under the stars.
2. Casa Selvatica, the main house, (two bedrooms) can be rented separately, with one or both cottages, (one studio, one suite). Please inquire re/ description and rates for each one. We offer discounts for stays longer than a week.
3. Holiday Rates - Note: we only rent the entire property which sleeps 10 - 12 during holiday weeks.
Thanksgiving and Easter are $750/night. Christmas/New Years: Rates for Christmas week (between Dec. 17 - 27) and New Year's week (between Dec 27 - Jan. 4, 2017 ) are $950/night and we rent the Christmas week and the New Years Week with a 7 day minimum for each holiday week.
4. We have a Surfboard Quiver with fifteen long and short, hard and soft boards - as well as four "Starboard" Paddle Boards. We realized that it's much easier to have your board waiting at the house when you get here, but we have to charge now because of maintenance and as we have found out: replacement!! Please inquire about rental.
5. Reservations: To confirm your reservation, a deposit of 50% is required, payable with check, bank transfer, wire or PayPal, (please add 3.9% fee).
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Our family has loved this house since it was first built in the late eighty's by friends of the family. The builder was a botanist, the architect won a prize for this her first house, and our family loved the surf in front of the house. It had had a couple of owners before we found it again in 2003 but it has been brought back to its former glory and it is loved by all who visit. It is truly a magic house in a paradise setting.
Why the Owner Chose Bahía de Banderas, Nay., Mexico:
Because this location is beautiful, private and safe - and you can watch the surf from all the patios! It provides an easy vacation: you can surf, paddle board, swim, boogie board or snorkel right in front of the house; the property is surrounded by a palm forest and bordered by river bed and therefore will stay cool in the summer; as it sits on a hill, there is usually a breeze and thus very few mosquitos; you can sit in the swing (with a beer or glass of wine) and watch your kids or friends surfing in front of the house; the house has all the ocean or surf toys you will need; and if you hire Octavio, you can never leave the property: he will shop, cook and clean up! And Jovanna will put the house in order every morning. It's a unique property and everyone who stays leaves looking healthy, happy and all saying the same thing: 'we will be back!' (read the comments!)
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Very colorful gardens, beach views and sunsets. Solitude, Privacy and Security Private beach with very few people in a tropical palm forest setting. Great surf 80% of the time. Gourmet chef available. Rental Car Available. Surfboards, SUPs, Boogie, Kayaks, masks, snorkels and fins.
Casa Selvatica from the Water
View from Casa Selvatica Master Bedroom
Casa Selvatica Entrance
Casa Selvatica Living Room
Casa Selvatica Master Bedroom (Western King Bed)
Casa Selvatica Blue Bedroom (Queen Bed)
Casa Buena Suerte (House #2)
Casa Buena Suerte Bedroom (Western King)
Casa Lilia Patio
Casa Selvatica Entry Road
Sunset view of Las Marietas Islands
Our chefs, Octavio and Adriana
In front of House
Casa Selvatica Courtyard
Casa Selvatica Kitchen Bar
Casa Selvatica Master Bath
Guest Bath Casa Selvatica
Casa Buena Suerte Living Room
Casa Lilia - (Queen Bed)
Casa Selvatica Driveways
Casa Selvatica At Night
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Monday, January 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.