Great Rates for a Great Cabin! Mountain Views! $95 Per nt. 7th nt. Free!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Townsend cabin description
Are you looking for the perfect summer getaway? Picture yourself in a cozy appalachian style log cabin. The soft breeze blowing through the trees while you're swinging on the porch swing sipping iced tea. The view from the porch and windows is of evergreens, hardwoods and the enchanting smoky mountains. You have all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay. You have a jacuzzi, fully equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms, bath w/shower, washer & dryer, central heat & air and weber charcoal grill. You can even nap in the hammock nestled in the trees. The 'tree house' cabin has earned its name because it feels like you are literally in a treehouse when you are rocking or swinging on the covered porch. You are surrounded by nature at its finest. Come for a visit and see why so many of our guests return time and time again.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- 2 bedrooms with a queen size bed in each
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1 bathroom with a tub/shower unit, vanity w/sink and storage
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- I and my daughter do all our own cleaning. I guess we just don't trust anyone else! Our goal is to have the cabin as clean as we'd want one to be if we were traveling. There are no cleaning fees. We do appreciate guests leaving the kitchen as it was (dishes washed), and the futon put back in place if used, but otherwise we don't expect anything else to be done. We have guests come for return visits specifically because they said it was so clean....moreless
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Roller Blading
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- We are located in a peaceful valley which has lovely farms and country residences. Guests comment how they enjoy our quiet and serene location. The small town of Townsend is just 3 miles away. It is one of the entrances to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We have an excellent visitor's center where you can acquire information concerning the Natl. Park and also souvenirs and local appalachian products (honey, cornmeal, sorghum molasses, apple butter etc.). One of the most popular destinations in the Natl. Park is just 7 miles from Townsend. It is Cades Cove, which is a lovely cove surrounded by mountains. There is an 11 mile loop road that you can drive, or on certain mornings it is open for joggers and bicyclists only. Historic homes, churches, a water-powered mill and other vintage farm buildings have been preserved and are open for visitors to walk through. It is a great place to have a picnic, fly a kite, or enjoy one of the many hikes such as the one to Abrams Falls. There are many beautiful waterfalls in the area. The hike to Gregory Bald in June will bring you to one of the largest stands of wild flame azaleas anywhere. People come from all over the world to see acres of glorious colorful blossoms. You can also enjoy a drive through the 'heart' of the smokies by taking scenic Little River road to Newfound Gap Road and on to Cherokee, North Carolina. While on this drive you can swing up to Clingman's Dome and then hike the 1/2 mile up to the viewing tower. The 'smoke' rising from the glorious mountains is ethereal. A sight to behold. If you want to go further you can drive to Cataloochee and watch the regal elk. Another sight to behold! Returning to Townsend you can also visit the Heritage Center. It is an appalachian museum with indoor displays and historic buildings to tour outdoors. They also have a covered amphitheatre where live concerts are given from spring through the fall. Townsend is also known for its hiking/biking trails that go for miles through town. The beautiful Little River which flows through town is a popular spot for inner-tubing. Other out of the way places are great for fly fishing and catching trout. The extremely interesting tour at Tuckaleechee Caverns is just 1 1/2 miles from our Treehouse cabin. Also, Davy Crockett stables which has rental horses and a ride in the foothills is only about a mile away. The ever popular theme park, Dollywood, is just 30 minutes away. I especially enjoy the 'Festival of Nations' at Dollywood every spring. Performers, young and old, come from all over the world. All the ethnic food is a real plus too! Dolly's 'Dixie Stampede' dinner theatre is a memorable activity in nearby Pigeon Forge also. As for shopping, there are a number of outlet malls in Pigeon Forge. Plus there is a craftsman's community outside of Gatlinburg where you can find anything from pottery, quilts, wood carvings, stained glass, even quail egg art! In nearby Maryville, about 20 miles the other direction from Townsend, you can find the Foothills Mall with Belk's, J.C. Penneys, Sears and Goody's as its anchor stores. There is also a new 12 theatre Cinemax there. To summarize I would have to say that our Treehouse cabin is in an excellent location for doing beautiful 'natural' activities, plus great 'touristy' things! Or perhaps the best choice of all may be to just relax in the porch swing or the hammock at the cabin and have fun doing nothing at all!! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Mountain Getaway
Great Mountain Getaway
We have just returned after spending several days at Lazy Horse Retreat, a family-owned ranch at the foot of Rich Mountain in Townsend, TN. A short drive took us to Cade’s Cove where we enjoyed seeing bear and deer as we drove the loop road. Local Townsend dining was excellent and hassle-free. Our cabin (the Treehouse) was private, quiet, and very clean. Melody was friendly and gracious. We recommend Lazy Horse Retreat to those wanting a quiet, relaxing get-away in a beautiful rural setting.
- Guest Paso Owner (North Georgia)
- Date of stay 08/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/23/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, sightseeing, pet owners, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: It was a pleasure meeting both of you. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay here and your time in the National Park and in Townsend. Thanks so much and I hope to see you another time!
We just returned from our stay at the Treehouse Cabin. Miss Melody was a great host. She provided accurate, fast responses to all questions prior to our booking and during our stay. The cabin was exactly as shown in the photos, very clean and well maintained. There was ample room for three kids (3-11) and two adults. We also felt more at ease knowing that the owner lives on the property when making our reservation. The cabin sits in dry valley 'just' over the ridge from Cades Cove. The valley is very low key, quiet and full of friendly people. I recommend the cabin to people/families looking for a quiet mountain experience (not a party house). We would recommend to others or rent again.
- Guest StationWagonVacation (Chicago, IL)
- Date of stay 03/24/13
- Review Submitted 04/01/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad you had a good time. It was a true blessing meeting you and your beautiful family. Best wishes to all of you and I hope you can visit again in the future! Melody
My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway from the craziness of work and city life. This cabin is the PERFECT spot for that. Melody was a joy to work with and so hospitable. Her land is truly amazing and the setting is spectacular and right at the foot of the mountains. It lightly snowed the first 24 hours we were there which was a bonus. The cabin itself had everything we needed. The porch, jacuzzi, and in front of the fire is where we spent most of our time. We loved that we felt miles and miles from everything but we weren't at all. We took in the sights of Cades Cove and Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg in one day and returned to the cabin where we stayed the rest of the visit. I would highly recommend renting this cabin and we plan to get back to it as soon as we can work it out again. Melody, thanks again for the wonderful weekend!
- Guest Dreamer (Nashville, TN)
- Date of stay 02/16/13
- Review Submitted 02/19/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Owner response: I really appreciate your kind words and am so glad that you enjoyed your week-end. I am so blessed to be able to meet so many wonderful people. It's why I love what I do! Thanks so much for staying in my Treehouse cabin and I look forward to seeing you again!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
These rates are for two people. Additional charge of $5.00 each for children ages 4 - 12 yrs. old, and $10.00 each for additional guests 13 yrs. old and up. Children under 4 are free. If you stay 7 nights you get one night free (stay 7, pay for 6) which comes out to approximately $81.50 per night.
We accept cash, checks, Visa, MC and Discover
Additional Fees and Taxes:
No fees, but 14.25% sales tax
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: McGhee Tyson, Knoxville, TN at 22 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 321 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Ober Gatlinburg at 25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Laurel Valley Golf Course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Back Porch Restaurant at 4 Miles
About the owner: I'm a country 'girl' who grew up on a dairy farm in northwest Wisconsin. I have lived here in Townsend for 34 years now. I live on the 8 1/2 acres where the Treehouse cabin is located. I also have a log cabin which I love.
Why the Owner Chose Townsend:
I am blessed to own one of the most beautiful tracts of land in Blount County. It is also very close to the Smoky Mtn. Natl. Park. I can ride my horse right into the Smokies. There are three trailheads under 3 miles from the Treehouse cabin. Guests love to hike in the Park, or even just go for walks here in our valley which is called Dry Valley.
- Primary: 865-448-6810
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Winter in the Smokies - spectacular!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013