'Jewel Box' of the Village of Corona Del Mar(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
French Style Chateau at the beach
One must experience the enchanting moods this very unique property presents depending on which time of the day you share it. The craftsmanship and attention to detail are exceptional. Style, high-quality, sophistication and, the most important word in real estate...'location, location, location' all rolled into one. Life in this home is like being on vacation everyday!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 2100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The villa/chateau - home has two beautiful bedrooms, both with flat screen TV's, adjoining bathrooms, and amenities that you find in the best hotels. Bedroom 1 is in a sea foam green Venetian plaster color and all the accents are green and white. The mattress is brand new with 500 thread count linens and comforter sets with matching shams and pillows. Extra linens and pillows included. Bedroom 2 is in Periwinkle Blue color Venetian plaster with white/cream accents. The queen bed has two side tables with leather base side lamps and suede lamp shades. The mattress is also brand new and is featured with 500 threads count linens and comforter sets with matching shams and pillows. Extra linens, comforters and pillows included. The master has a leather bench at the foot of the bed for sitting while putting on shoes or placing clothes while dressing. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 2 1/2 Bathrooms. Each bathroom is extremely unique, from the powder room with it's granite sink and basin, to the guest bath featuring the hand painted tulip sink, marble counters, and etched glass shower, to the master bath spa bathroom featuring granite counters, luxurious appointments in the shower includes body sprays as well as a rain shower, and a hand held shower. For an authentic spa experience, choose multi-function systems that invite relaxation, or invigoration with the steam shower....moreless
- Book NOW! Enjoy the summer Jazz Concert Series with phenomenal guests at the Hyatt Newporter just 4 miles away: from June - September 2017. If you like the water, you can take a boat ride to see the California Gray Whales as it makes the most spectacular and longest mass migration of any marine mammal. Tens of thousands of gray whales migrate annually along the west coast of North America from the summer feeding grounds in the Bering Sea to the winter grounds of the Baja California lagoons and back again along the Orange County coast during the months of December-April. As you can see CDM is truly unique - with world class shopping close by within minutes, 5-star dining, walking, hiking, entertainment and close to Laguna Beach, San Diego, Palm Springs and Hollywood & LA. ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Near The Ocean:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
The house has the Miele whole coffee bean system. It has a concealed handle that opens from the left for a 500g coffee bean of your choice container. In addition, the home as a Keurig coffee maker....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items:
The second floor has a balcony with two chairs and a small table for morning coffee. The Master bedroom has two balconies - both with ocean views, the other more private for reading, and meditation....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Spring - 2017
Jan 3 - May 20, 2017
5 night min stay
Memorial Week - 2017
May 22 - May 29, 2017
5 night min stay
Summer - 2017
May 30 - Sep 5, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $2,100
- Cleaning Fee $250
- Tax Rate 10%
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
For those interested in Theme Parks, Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and Universal Studios in Hollywood are within a short drive from Corona del Mar. A beautiful day trip or overnight to Catalina Island is in reach by ferry from Balboa Island just minutes away, but you will feel like you are on a unique island as there are no cars allowed. If you are into history or art, don't miss the beautiful Mission at San Juan Capistrano, The Richard Nixon Presidential Library, or plan a day to visit the world renowned Getty museum in Los Angeles, the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, or the Huntington Museum and Gardens in Pasadena.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I fell in love with Corona del Mar after spending summers enjoying the beautiful beaches and activities of Newport Beach and Laguna Beach and I couldn't wait to live here. I did so for 20 years and personally built this home.
Why the Owner Chose Corona Del Mar, Newport Beach, CA, USA:
This home is so unique, it is called the Jewel Box, the Melon House, or the French Chateau of the Village. It is just one block from the ocean and because it is on a corner lot facing the ocean, it is one of the most photographed houses in Corona del Mar. This custom home is one-of-a-kind, a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath residence located in the highly coveted heart of this famous seaside community. This property features hardwood floors, top quality construction, Venetian plastering in every room and bathroom, and the most up-to-date and superior quality amenities all the way through. State-of-the-art architecture, fabulous furnishings from all over the world, complete with marble and granite counter tops including brands: SubZero, Bosch, Miele and Jade. This property is in a class of its own! Luxury urban-beach lifestyle at its best! This property is less than one block from the beach, yet you can hear the ocean sounds at night from the balcony or patio or just lying in bed with the windows open. Unusual curved beams showcases the living room with matching curved window and fireplace hearth of travetine are just a few of the features that elevate this home above the rest.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Beautifully designed and furnished, this home is a total turn-key and only requires your suitcase and toiletries. As listed, the property features stained glass throughout, unique mosaic entry and TWO bedrooms—each with its own bathroom. The master bedroom, you’ll find a queen size bed made up with the finest linens, with two patios, one facing the ocean, and the other a secluded retreat with an ocean view. The master bath also has a built in steam shower, rain shower and body spray for the true spa experience. The other bedroom and bath on the main floor is uniquely different featuring a full size bed and travetine bath with etched glass on the shower walls and hand painted sink. The kitchen and dining room open up to a patio ideal for your afternoon cocktail, reading a book or watching the sunset. The dining room seats six and the eat-in kitchen is casual seating for two. The home is equipped with 46' LCD HD smart TV with surround sound in the master, ShowTime, stereo speakers throughout the house, the front patio and garage as well as TV's throughout the house. Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and cable TV and phone are available, as well as a security system. Two car garage with laundry facility (washer/dryer, ironing board) are available for your additional convenience. This is the perfect spot for up an executive, a couple, and family of 3-4 in transition looking for a relaxing beach vacation. The home is ideally situated for exploring all the wonderful sights that southern California has to offer, a yet a world far away from the hustle and bustle of urban traffic and congestion, but just 10 minutes to John Wayne Airport.
- Primary: 9495003350
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the the Property as seen coming up from the Ocean!
Entrance and walkway through the Patio to to the front door.
Great Room with TV, wet bar, powder room and French doors that open to the patio
Stain glass window in the powder room - Monet's Garden
Hand painted sink in Guest Bath
Built-in Miele coffee maker
Beams in the Living Room
Living Room looking down from outside the master bedroom
Stain glass window view from Master Bedroom and dining room.
Guest Bath and Shower
Master Bath with granite counters
Cotton embroidered bath robes in each bedroom closet
Front of the Home!
Patio and fountain
Powder Room sink and basin
Kitchen Area with granite counters, casual dining for two.
Dining Room with view of the trees that can be up lit at night.
Beams with the curtains
Living Room with gas burning fireplace and Smart TV
Master Bedroom with Queen bed
Master Bedroom with shutters on windows and balcony doors
Master Bath Spa with Rain Shower, Three Body Sprays, Hand Held Shower, and Steam
View of the ocean from the front yard & 1 block from Big Corona State Beach.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, February 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.