Pamper Yourself - Fabulous Home & Decor, Screened Porch W/ Outdoor Fireplace(28 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-10 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Peaceful, Serene, Mountain Views, Sleeps 2-6 - Five Star Rating!
Experience all Western North Carolina has to offer - great hiking, swimming holes, hike or drive to waterfalls, fishing, rafting/slow river floats, kayaking, gem mining, golf, restaurants & shopping, scenic drives, a photographers dream.
Located between Franklin & Highlands NC, groceries (3 mi), downtown Franklin (5 mi), easily accessible, close to US64/US441 interchange. No scary one lane roads.
Pamper Yourself A Little: No bare bones cabin here, all the comforts of home and more. Not your usual vacation rental ... Rustic Elegant décor (owner is a decorator), comfy mattresses, beautiful linens, faux fur throws to snuggle by the fire, and all the necessities. Great housekeepers, CLEAN. Fully equipped gourmet kitchen with everything from waffle iron and popcorn popper to food processor and slow cooker. DirecTV, WI-Fi, walking sticks. We are particular and the house reflects that.
Please Note: We don't allow group parties, reunions, weddings, etc. Our home is not suitable for children under the age of 5 due to open staircase & loft, no child proof features, discuss ages of children with owner prior to requesting reservation.
Access to this home is not suitable for motorcycles, see our other listing mentioned above which is terrific for our bikers.
A retreat from life's stresses, a luxury you deserve. Escape, put your feet up, and relax. End a day full of activities by simply gazing at the mountains and enjoying each other.
Our home It isn't just accented by timber beams and called a timber frame, it is a true timber frame home. Our home won three architectural awards including BEST VACATION HOME. OUR GUESTS TELL US THEY NEVER WANT TO LEAVE and they come back year after year.
Our reviews speak volumes. We get calls all the time from people who've rented other properties and are disappointed when they arrive. Everyone who walks in tells us the home is more beautiful than the photos reflect.
Share the expense: Bring another couple or two and it amounts to less than a nice hotel. Plan a family get together and share the costs. And, consider what you will save by being able to cook and eat in. Re-charge your Relaxation Skills.
Time for the Girls?: This house is a great GIRL FRIEND GETAWAY. Relax, read, hike, & lots of shopping! We can arrange Spa services, catering/picnic baskets, cooking lessons, hiking tours, & more.
Member since: 2008
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- 2 large Master Suites (one on the Main Floor), First Floor Master Suite has a king bed, rustic teak dressers, french doors lead to back deck with spectacular view of the valley and mountains. The Upstairs Master has a king bed, leather chaise & rustic teak dresser, this bedroom also has the spectacular mountain and valley views. There is 3rd Guest Bedroom, located on the main floor, has a Queen Bronze Bed with views of the surrounding forest. The 2 Master Suites have DirecTVs. All the bedrooms have large closets, distressed hickory wood floors, beautiful linens, lots of pillows, local artwork, & private baths. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Three 'ensuite baths are custom tiled with rare granite countertops. The Master on the Main Floor features double vanity sinks, warming drawer for towels & slippers and a large glassed in shower. The Upstairs Master features double vanity sinks, jacuzzi tub, and a glassed in shower. The main floor guest bath has a copper sink and glassed in shower. We provide Shampoo, Shower Gels, & initial supply of paper products....moreless
- All the comforts of home have been thought of. If you are a cook, the gourmet kitchen is well stocked with pots & pans, serving dishes, etc. If you want to eat out, there are many great restaurants nearby. Or pack a picnic, we've provided a picnic basket and cooler. Grocery is approx. 2.7 miles. You may want to pick up groceries and never leave the house. A calming, quiet and relaxing home. Large Screened In Porch with Fireplace has dining table & chairs, rocker, & settee. Large Open Back Deck has teak/wrought iron seating and rockers to sit & enjoy the ever changing views of the mountains. We've furnished locally made Hiking/Walking Sticks and a book of actvity suggestions that will keep you busy for days & weeks. This is an upscale home with Rustic Elegance, it is best suited for adults (teen children). View our other listing, Homeaway #179200 if you have more than 6 guests. Daily Maid & Chef Services available upon request....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- MP3 Dock
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Ducted Cooling
- Ducted Heating
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Study Room
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Garbage Disposal
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Beach Chairs
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda:
- Porch Furniture
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Small Cooler
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Jetted Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 3 - Mar 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Oct 9 - Nov 12, 2017
4 night min stay
Nov 17 - Nov 26, 2017
7 night min stay
Dec 22 - Jan 1, 2018
10 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning/Supply/Firewood $225 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 9.75%
Note Holiday Weeks, 7 night min. stay
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 6 (no children under the age of 7)
Inquire about extended stay rates.
Owner reserves the right to increase fees depending on # of guests
Owner reserves the right to increase Damage Security Deposit Insurance requirements.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Franklin is located between two popular scenic gorges, the Cullasaja and the Nantahala. The Pond House is located within 10 min. of the famous Cullasaja River Gorge scenic drive, and is rated one of the most spectacular in North America, passing 3 major waterfalls. Take a walk behind the roaring 75 foot wall of water of Dry Falls, and drive your car under Bridal Veil Falls. The mountainscape is lined with many hiking trails, including the famous Appalachian and Bartram Trails, both accessed 25 minutes drive from The Pond House.
Located in the southwestern corner of North Carolina, Franklin serves as the southern gateway to the Blue Ridge Mountains and Great Smokies. It's convenient location to major cities make Franklin a favorite vacation spot. Atlanta, Georgia is just two hours to the south while Asheville, is one hour to the east. Other cities nearby include Highlands, Cashiers, Dillsboro, & Sylva, all within about 30 minutes.
Other Activities: Whitewater Rafting, Hiking, Gem Mining, Waterfalls, Blue Ridge Parkway, Picnicking, Mountain Drives, Horseback Riding,
Golf: Franklin has 2 public courses
Ski: Skiing nearby - Sapphire Valley or Cataloochee
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We travel globally and prefer a vacation rentals to hotels. So we understand what separates the best from the rest when it comes to accommodations. Little things... and attention to details make a difference and we have reflected that philosophy in our home. We built this custom award winning (Best Vacation Home) timber framed home in 2006/2007.
Why the Owner Chose Franklin, NC, USA:
We fell in love with area and it's great central location. Franklin is a quaint small town with friendly people. We have terrific restaurants nearby. And, it's out of the way of noisy tourism but easy to get to all surrounding areas such as Asheville, Bryson City, Cherokee, The Smoky Mountain National Park, Sylva, Dillsboro. Hiking to waterfalls and taking scenic drives with a picnic is a couple of our favorite things to do.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The views are incredible and our area is such a quiet and serene spot to escape from the stresses and hectic schedule of city life. We've even thought of hiking sticks, coolers, picnic baskets and our activity books will keep you busy and coming back time and time again. So much to do, or do nothing!
Links to more information:
When only the best will do! We've even provided hiking sticks
Gourmet Kitchen, Dacor Appliances, fully equipped Chef's kitchen.
You'll spend all your time here on the screened porch with outdoor fireplace
Double Vanity sink, granite counter top, towel warming drawer, walk in shower
Upstairs King (2nd Master) en suite bath, wow the views!
Upstairs reading loft and office space (computer/desk armoire)
Calm, relaxing, serene mountain views.
Beautiful private wooded property
Nearby Cullasaja Falls, gorgeous year-round, but in the Fall, WOW
Year-round beauty in Western NC - picnic on Blue Ridge Parkway
Gorgeous open floor plan, beautiful exposed beams, Rustic Elegance!
Kitchen, wet bar area. Dacor Gas Cooktop, Oven & Microwave
King Master Bedroom Suite on main floor, en suite bath, doors to deck & view!!
Main Floor Queen Guest Bedroom en suite bath
Upstairs Master Bath, double vanity sinks, granite, jacuzzi tub, walk in shower
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by those...
Open back deck facing view - Gorgeous Fall Color!
S'mores & our outdoor fireplace; a perfect match
You'll love it here from the moment you walk in!
Nearby Dry Falls. Walk down and behind the falls.
So much to do - Cool off in one WNC many waterfalls!
Fall is incredible, alive with color...imagine crisp cool air snuggling by fire!
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.