Hudson Valley Home in Orchard Setting
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Spend your vacation in the Hudson Valley... Our house is ideal for a getaway with family and friends in the summer and fall. Ideal for groups attending Bard College events/graduation/Parents Weekend and/or weddings at Clermont, Olana, Valeur Mansion, Montgomery Place or other nearby event venues.
Accommodations: seven-bedroom house on lush, landscaped property, with apple and pear orchards, horse barn, spectacular sunsets
This spacious, immaculate family vacation home in the heart of the Hudson Valley works well for a getaway with family and/or friends, providing a nice mix of shared and secluded spaces, including three inside living areas, a downstairs three-bedroom private quarters and three outdoor spaces.
You can visit the historic mansions of the Hudson Valley and the FDR Presidential Library. Enjoy local holiday festivals. Go to an auction and shop for antiques. Enjoy a spa treatment and dinner in Rhinebeck. Walk the paths of Lake Taghanic State Park, Mills Mansion, Ferncliff and other nearby parks. Tour Bard College and attend a concert in the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center.
The house interior is charming with a bay-window, book-lined dining area, wood-paneled living room with working fireplace and French doors leading out to the deck and view of the mountains. There are two additional living rooms for reading and watching TV.
Main floor: Kitchen, dining room, living room, den, four bedrooms including master suite with bathroom, and two bathrooms.
Ground floor: Two bedrooms, kitchen, dining area, living room, full bathroom and patio access.
Outdoors: Dining and seating areas on two decks--one with sunset view of Catskills; seating area by gardens in front yard
The house is centrally located to enjoy the cultural, recreational and agricultural attractions of the Hudson Valley. It is less than 15 minutes away from:
• Bard College with the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center with a year-round schedule of cultural events and the Stevenson Gymnasium with indoor Olympic-sized pool, full-size gym, squash courts, fitness center. Family passes available.
• Hudson River historic estates of Clermont, Olana, Montgomery Place, Mills Mansion. The Vanderbilt Mansion, FDR Presidential Library and Val-Kill are 30 minutes away.
• Hudson Valley Wine Trail
• Rhinebeck: home of the Upstate Films Theatre, Haven Spa, Dutchess County Fair, excellent restaurants and boutiques
• Hudson: historic city, county seat and antiques/auction center of the Northeast
• Tivoli: home to Bard students and highly acclaimed Madalin Hotel and Restaurant
• Tennis, golf and horseback riding nearby
* Tubing and fishing on the Esopus River
* Hiking, skiing, snowboarding in the Catksills and Berkshires
* Biking - everywhere!
Keywords: Hudson Valley home
Bard College events
Friends and family reunions
Book clubs, work groups
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Queen size Beds (4), Twin or Single Beds (4), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
- 4.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
Kitchen & Dining
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Video Games
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Weekly rates $1400 - $1800/week Inquire about special weekend rates Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Deck view of house
Apples from orchard
1st living room
View of house through orchard
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 01, 2013