House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 8 Sleeps
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 8
- 9531 key code
Close and Cozy
Enjoyed family time at this lovely cabin. Close to skiing (5 min) and the town of Lake Placid (15 min). Our boys enjoyed the basement bunk room and the main floor served as a quaint place to share meals and play board games. The loft (accessible by built in ladder) was a fun feature. Property was very serene and peaceful. We hope to get back there for another weekend of family fun.
Wonderful vacation in Wilmington, NY
We loved the house. It is surrounded by amazing trees! I loved the sound of the brook running through the yard. The whole area is stunning!
Thanks Sharon I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come again.
Welcoming and well equiped ski cabin retreat
We had a great stay at the Whiteface Mountain Ski House. It would be hard to imagine a property any closer to the mountain (~5 minute drive). The cabin was as well equipped as any home-share property we've stayed at and has many welcoming touches that make you feel at home. I will emphasize the loft is accessible only by ladder, which was fine for our guests but could be an issue depending on age/accessibility.
Lovely little cabin in a nice neighborhood 3 minutes from Whiteface Ski Resort
Very welcoming and cozy cabin in nice neighborhood.
What I liked:
- very cozy cabin feeling
- was decorated for the season
- large windows
- good mattress (master BR)
- nice neighborhood
- proximity to Whiteface Ski Resort
What I didn't like:
- bunk beds in basement are coming apart (safety issue that can easily be fixed)
- kitchen faucet broken, needs to be replaced (it's working, but handle doesn't stay up to keep the water running when rinsing dishes)
- no DVD/BlueRay player in main room
- TV in basement/bunk-room not working
- PlayStation was listed in description, but was not provided
- 2nd bathroom window had no curtains or blinds
The cabin is situated only 10 miles from Lake Placid, a few minutes from Lake Everest municipal beach, and close to the Ausable River, famous for its fly fishing. It is possible to hire fishing guides. Also, nearby is the Whiteface Memorial Highway and Santa's Workshop. The cabin is close to fine dining, shopping, Olympic venues, and unlimited outdoor activities, including four world-class golf courses. There are unlimited hiking opportunities very close at hand, including the challenging 46 High Peaks, as well as many other recreational possibilities, such as canoeing, whitewater rafting, mountain and road biking. Many special events happen seasonally, including the Ironman, Lake Placid Horse Show, Adirondack Living Show, and various festivals at Whiteface Mountain. Check the INFO & LINKS section in the menu of this website for more exciting possibilities and actual dates. And don't forget the fall foliage...autumn is a colorful season in the Adirondacks!