Voted Most Tropical Accommodations on the Kona Coast(30 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Hawaiian Home, 6 Bedrooms + Sleeping lanai's, 5 Baths, accommodates up to 20.
The "Kona Sugar Shack" is a lovely traditional Hawaiian style home surrounded by lush tropical gardens and is consistently listed as one of the best vacation properties on various on-line crowd-sourced review and travel sites as well as numerous travel publications.
From several of the spacious lanais you can watch migratory whales, spinner dolphins, kayaks, surfers and outrigger canoes and spectacular Hawaiian sunsets. Relax in the waterfall pool while you sip a Mai Tai, BBQ fresh island fish and let the weight of the world slip away while overlooking the ocean. Take a two minute walk to White Sands Beach Park, where you can swim, snorkel and scuba dive with colorful tropical fish and sea turtles.
Celebrate a special occasion with us or just kick back and relax poolside. Our home has (6) bedrooms, (5) baths, There are areas where everyone can gather, as well as gardens, and private suites for naps or quiet times.
Photos: vrbo 97506
General Amenities Provided
· In ground waterfall pool overlooking ocean
· free wireless Internet * cable TV/dvd
· linens provided including beach towels
· eco-friendly - photovoltaic electric and solar hot water
· Free off street parking - Front carport + rear parking with 8+ parking spaces
· tiki torches * propane BBQ grills
· hair dryers, liquid soap and body wash
· organic bananas * herbs (when available)
· Beach Gear · beach towels * mats * beach chairs * umbrellas * coolers * beach chairs *
· sand toys * boogie boards and more
· KITCHEN -(2) full kitchens and (1) efficiency kitchens and (1) outdoor lanai kitchen overlooking the Pacific Ocean and our pool. *coffee grinders and appliances * in sink disposals
· basic spices * dish and dishwasher soap *garbage bags * ice makers
· CHILDREN * baby gates * high chair * portable crib *stroller
· LAUNDRY · coin operated washers / dryers * soap, dryers sheets, spot remover * iron & board
* BEDROOMS have A/C
SUITE DESCRIPTIONS AND RATES – The Sugar Shack is made up of several private suites which when combined can accommodate up to 20 guests. * $900 to $1200 per night / $550 to $625 One time cleaning fee, plus tax
(4) King Beds
(2) Queen Beds
(8) Twin Beds
FLOOR PLAN * vrbo 97506
Anniversary Suite - Sleeps (2-5). Approximately 900+ sq ft. (1) King Bedroom, (2) Twins in living room, (1) pune'e bed on lanai. This suite has a great room, kitchen with limestone counters, dishwasher, French door refrigerator, ice maker, large private lanai with view of pool and the ocean with Pune'e bed and dining table, full bath. This suite has wonderful breeze from the mountains at night and the ocean during the day, along with ceiling fans. Bedroom has A/C and ceiling fans. May open passage door to connect to the Ocean Suite.
Ocean Suite - Sleeps (6). Approximately 1400 sq ft. (3) bedroom with (2) King beds, (1) Queens, (1) Bunk with Twins beds, 2 bath, 2 private lanai with ocean view, living room, dining room, full kitchen with ice maker, dishwasher, all bedrooms have A/C, and ceiling fans. May open passage doors to connect to the Anniversary and Mango Suites.
Mango Suite - Sleeps (4). Approximately 600+ sq ft. (1) Queen Bedroom, (2) Twins beds in the living room, kitchen with ice maker, private garden with BBQ grill, full bath, living / dining room combination , all bedrooms have A/C and ceiling fans. May open passage door to connect to the Ocean Suite.
Honeymoon Pool Suite - Sleeps (4). Approximately 600+ sq ft. Studio Suite with (1) King bed and (2) twins beds and (1) pune'e bed on covered lanai, full bath, private outdoor kitchen with granite counter top, full size refrigerator, disposal, A/C, and ceiling fans.
* General Excise and Transit Accommodation Tax is 13.962%.
* The Security Deposit is the same as the daily rate and is refundable if there is no excessive damage or cleaning.
* Check-in is 3:00 p.m. / Check-out is 10:30 a.m.
* There is a $20 per day charge for each person over the number that the rented suite sleeps.
* When possible we can accommodate late checkouts at 1/2 the daily rate.
* 50% to hold reservation and remaining balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
* Cancellation & Return Policy:
Cancellations more than 90 days prior will incur a $200.00 penalty, but the remainder of your deposit is fully refundable. Cancellations within 60 days of arrival will result in loss of deposit and all monies paid if space cannot be re-booked. If space can be re-booked, a $200.00 cancellation fee will be charged and the remaining deposit will be refunded.
Please call us toll free at 1-877-324-6444 discuss any special needs or questions you may have about our Inn or your visit to the Big Island.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 20
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- Two BathTub - shower combinations, Three showers.
- 1 Full Kitchen, 2 kitchenettes, plus 1 Outdoor Kitchen, Well stocked kitchens w/ all the amenities of home and many spices, Fresh herbs, bananas and papayas when in season, garbage bags, Linens, Washers, Dryers, 2 Gas BBQ Grill (BBQ), tiki torches, boogie boards, beach towels, beach chairs, coolers, sand toys, books, puzzels, games etc, Starter packs of TP, Paper Towels, foil, too much to mention, No Smoking inside...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 18 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Aug 18, 2017
7 night min stay
Oct 1 - Oct 15, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 16 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $525
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Tax Rate 13.962%
90 day policy: If the entire property has not been rented for less than 90 days prior to your arrival -individual suites will be made available to rent please e-mail or call for more information.
Cancellation & Return Policy: Cancellations more than 90 days prior to arrival date will incur a $250.00 fee, the remainder of your deposit is fully refundable. Cancellations within 90 days of arrival will result in loss of deposit and all payments if property cannot be re-booked. If space is re-booked, a $200.00 cancellation fee will be charged and the remaining deposit and payments will be refunded.
50% to hold reservation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cliff Jumping, Golfing, Active Volcano, Fitness Centers/Gyms, Waterfalls, snow, Hot ponds/springs, Coffee & Macnut Tours, Hawaiian Farmers Markets, We can arrange for you to pick coffee in season and take Hawiaan Gardening Classes for free
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: After years in the corporate world, we have found a new life in paradise where we are free to pursue a new phase in our lives. John is a passionate artist and tennis player. 'J” swims, hikes, snorkels, cliff jumps and loves the underwater world.
Why the Owner Chose Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, United States of America:
We wanted an unobstructed view of the ocean where we could see sunset from our home every day of the year. it was also important that the beach be nearby (2 minute walk).
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Tropically landscaped, ground pool overlooks the ocean and sunsets every night of the year.
- Primary: Toll Free (877) 324-6444
- Secondary: (808) 895-2203 (Hawaii, USA)
- Tertiary: +1 8088952203
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Voted Most Charming Inn on the Kona Coast
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Kona Sugar Shack front view from Alii Drive
Kona Sugar Shack Pool next to the Blue Pacific Ocean
Ocean Suite Living Area - Next to White Sands Beach
Anniversary Suite Kitchen and Counter bar
View of the Pacific Ocean from the Anniversary Suite Lanai at Magic Sands Beach
Honeymoon/Pool Suite Outdoor Kitchen
Pool with tiki torches
Second Floor Layout
Ocean King Bedroom 1 (upstairs)
Mango Living Room (2 twin beds, downstairs)
Ocean Queen Bedroom 2 (upstairs)
Pool and deck
South side pathway and tropical garden
Pathway from pool to Mango and Ocean Suites
Anniversary King Bedroom 4 (upstairs)
Anniversary Suite Bathroom
Ground Floor Layout
Ocean King and Bunk Bedroom 3 (upstairs)
Mango Queen (downstairs)
Honeymoon King Bedroom Suite (downstairs)
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, January 15, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.