Spectacular View of Mountains, Waterfall, Hanalei Bay,and Golf Course
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hanalei Bay Villas villa description
This 'villa' is like a doll house on stilts overlooking spectacular views from a high ridge. There are no common walls with other units. You enter on the upper floor to the dining nook, fully equipped kitchen, living room with lanai, and 1/2 bath. Downstairs, it has a Master Bedroom with King and lanai, and a Guest BR with two singles or a King, 2 full baths, and a washer/dryer. All linens and towels including beach towels are provided. There are TV's with cable in the living room and Master BR, and high speed internet via wifi is provided.
- 1150 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
All golf courses on the island are open to vacationers. The Makai Course in Princeville is a beautiful and playable course that has several holes on the ocean. The Prince Course is spectacular....moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Water View:
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Kauai is the Garden Isle of Hawaii. It is one of the most beautiful and romantic places in the world and has a million things to do and see. Do a Na Pali coast boat ride (I like Cap'n Andy's) at sunset and a helicopter tour if it's in your budget (I recommend Interisland Helicopter). There are several beaches within a 15min drive where you might be the only ones on the beach. (My favorites are KaHalaHala, Lumahai and Kahili). Drive up the highway to the end of the road at Ke'e beach, you'll feel like you've stepped back into the '50's and see some spectacular views. Spend a day driving to the South and West sides to see the Waimea Canyon and Polihale beach. If you are sure of foot, go see the Queen's Bath, a large lava shelf and pool where you can swim on calm sea days. After a rain the trail can get slippery. When the surf is up it can be very dangerous and is best avoided. There are enough great hikes to keep you busy for weeks. My favorite restaurant is the Beach House in Poipu. In Princeville, go to the Tavern at the Princeville Golf Course clubhouse for a good meal and great views. For a great burger, try Bubba's in Hanalei or Ono Char Burger in Anahola. I recommend the Ultimate Guide to Kauai for good descriptions and directions to great places on the island. When at the beach, first of all, be careful!! More people drown on Kauai’s beaches every year (some 14 a year, mostly North shore, and mostly in Winter) than on any other island. When the surf is up, it can be very dangerous…spend the day on the beach watching the surfers unless you’re a very strong swimmer. Always spend several minutes watching the surf and currents before going in. If you get caught in an rip current don't try to swim against it! Just stay afloat and swim parallel to the shore till you are out of the rip, then make your way to shore. Very few beaches have life guards, so you’re pretty much on your own. Even when the sky is cloudy you can get a lot of sun, so take a t-shirt and lots of sunblock. All beaches in Hawaii are public, and even those on private land have public access via road or trail. There is enough to keep you very busy for at least 10 days just on Kauai. Have fun!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My husband and I booked this rental along with another couple for a 6-day stay on Kauai. When we arrived after a long day of travel, the place was clean, cheerful and comfortable. It was dark when we first got there, so it wasn't until the next morning that we were able to see the beautiful views from the lanai. While sipping coffee on the deck, we could watch golfers tee-off at one of the nearby courses, check for new waterfalls on the mountains, or spy a little sliver of Hanalei bay in the distance. The unit was roomy enough for two adult couples. The kitchen was perfect for cooking. We would have breakfasts in the morning and made a few dinners, too. We also were able to pack ourselves lunches for our daily adventures. There are so many wonderful things to do on Kauai and the collection of travel guides left for us were quite helpful in planning a few hours when we hadn't scheduled anything. The place is conveniently located to all of the north-shore attractions. It is a little far from the west side of the island, so probably not an ideal location if most of the things you want to do are on the southern or western sides of Kauai. But Hanalei is beautiful and we found we didn't want to stray too far from there anyway. All said, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a vacation rental on Kauai. It's a wonderful location, bright and happy property, and every aspect of booking it was straightforward. I can't say enough positive things about this.
- Guest WindyAmy (Illinois)
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/28/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Manager response: Mahalo for the kind review, Amy. I'm glad you had a great time and that the condo met your expectations. Glad to have you for a return visit any time at a "frequent flyer" rate.
After having stayed in Kent's villa twice before, we were elated when it became available again. The accommodations were as comfortable as we remembered and the breathtaking views make it hard to leave and make you want to return as soon as possible. Waking to the view of the mountains and the waterfall from the master bedroom is exhilarating. Beach access is just steps away as are views of the beautiful Kauai sunsets, especially on the grounds of the St. Regis. We loved looking through the books Kent provided and finding new places to enjoy. We added to our repertoire of activities by cylcing on the ocean trail in Kapaa, snorkeling at Tunnels Beach, taking a Captain Sundown catamaran ride out of Hanalei Bay, and preparing some meals in by getting fresh fish and sushi from the Dophin Fish Market in Hanalei, We're already planning our next visit to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in 2015 and can only hope this villa will be available!
- Guest JW and Brenda (Newton, NC)
- Date of stay 05/20/13
- Review Submitted 06/16/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Manager response: Mahalo for your kind words, JW. Glad to have you and you family any time.
It was the best! Thank you to the staff in charge of this rental property and a special thank you to Kent the owner for your kindness! We already miss the view and experience! We will return! Mahalo,S&K,
- Guest K. (Newport Bch, CA. USA)
- Date of stay 05/02/13
- Review Submitted 05/23/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
Manager response: Aloha Kay and Scott. So glad you celebrated your 35th at my "villa". I hope it was everything you'd hoped it would be. If you do return, I'll give you a return guest rate. Mahalo nui loa for the review. A hui hou, Kent
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Dec 20 - Jan 7
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change at any time before reservation is made.
1/2 the total amount will be due upon booking. The rest is due 90 days prior to arrival date.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
There is a $50 reservation fee
Hawaii taxes (13.5%) will be added to all rental fees.
A cleaning fee of $175 will be charged to all guests.
A 3% convenience charge will be assessed. This is waived when you pay with check.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Lihue (LIH) at 30 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Hideaways at 200 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: Princeville St. Regis Hotel at 200 Metres
Year Purchased: 1997
About: I'm a 65 y/o physician in North Carolina who fell in love with Kauai and bought my 'villa' 15 years ago. I was lucky to get it at a reasonable price shortly after it was rebuilt (The original units were totally destroyed by hurricane Iniki.) and before tourism started picking back up. I've spent all winter there for 10 of those years and have come to feel like Kauai is truly my second home. I have paddled with the canoe club in Hanalei, built my own outrigger sailing canoe, and studied the folklore and history of Hawaii passionately. I love showing people 'my' island and redoing all the spectacular drives and hikes and tours each and every time someone new comes while I'm there. I hope to retire here one day.
Why Hanalei Bay Villas:
Why did I buy here? Location, location, location!!! Spectacular view on Kauai's north shore, the most beautiful place I've ever been. I love the water sports, hiking, golf, and the community is close-knit and friendly.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
I can sit on my lanai and watch the golfers try to land their ball on the par 3, watch the birds in the banana grove adjacent to the villa, or just sit and admire the spectacular view of the mountains and waterfalls and bay. Once, after a particularly hard rainy few days, when the sky cleared I counted 42 waterfalls on the mountains surrounding Hanalei Bay. The wild chickens (Hawaii's Bird of Paradise) will wake you early some days, but a cup of coffee on the lanai as the sun comes up is divine!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
My humble abode
Fully equipped kitchen
Beautiful view from the living room lanai
Sunrise from the lanai
Spouting Horn Blowhole in Poipu.
Sunset over Bali Hai from the Hanalei Bay Resort Restaurant and Bar
The sailing canoe I built.
Open door chopper tour...its expensive but will be the highlight of your trip!
Watch the sunset from the Beach House Rest. in Poipu. Look for the Green Flash
View of the living area and lanai
View of the living area from the lanai
Amazing view from the lanai
Kalihiwai Beach...good place to boogie board
Queen Emma's Bath. Don't go if the surf is up.
Makana Mountain ('Bali Hai' from the movie South Pacific) from Tunnels Beach
Coastline from the Princeville Golf Course
Wailua Falls...where the opening scene of Fantasy Island was filmed 'Da Plane!'
Waimea Canyon...the Grand Canyon of the Pacific
Hanalei Bay Pier
NaPali Coast hike from Ke'e Beach
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, October 11, 2013