Best View, Waterfront, Lagoon, Walk to Beach, Pool, Fishing, Bird Watch, No Fees(29 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 6; 8, with pull-out)
The King suite offers a luxury bathroom with a walk-in tiled shower, two sinks and a separate water closet. A vanity separates the numerous built-ins to accommodate all of your attire. But none of that compares to what lies behind the plantation shutters and sliding glass doors. Open those and the views coupled with an early morning shaded deck area provide the perfect place for coffee and communication with your loved one as the morning sun slowly warms you. And if you get too warm, a few more steps further you can cool off at the pool or sit by the waterfront without waking the rest of the house. The Queen suite offers another spacious bathroom and huge walk in closet (large enough for a porta-crib if you are new parents). For light sleepers or night owls, the shutters and location of this room easily allow for sleeping in. The twin room is spacious and comfortable; it is adjacent to the third full bathroom.
Other features include a circular driveway with carport to aid in your arrivals and departures as well as keeping your car cool while its parked; vaulted ceilings with sky lights that bathe the home in natural light; a whole-house sound system to connect with your devices; mood lighting indoor and out; cable television and DVD players in all bedrooms; wireless high-speed (Wi-Fi) internet; and a wet bar. There is a washer and dryer as well but bear in mind you are on vacation. Your stay includes the use of beach chairs and toys as well as a selection of pool floats and toys. Finally, fresh linens and bath towels along with the basic toiletries will keep your packing to a minimum.
The island has so many things to offer and there are hidden treasures as well. Instead of turning left towards the beach, turning right will lead you to what we call ‘Turtle bridge’ where you can watch wild turtles swim and frolic almost within your reach. Any fishing fans in your family can catch fish and crabs from the dock or monitor their fishing poles and crab traps right from the pool while watching the lagoon's majestic water fowl in action. Relax over the water on the large dock with a drink and a good book. Bike or walk down the quiet streets or near the fairways after hours and look out over the nearby ocean hole. We take pride in ownership and limit our party size to six (with the occasional exception) in order to maximize your experience. Questions are always welcome.
Things to consider when choosing a home:
1) Final cost - watch out for additional fees (reservation fees, cleaning fees, service fees, and others). Our quote/price you receive is the final cost including cleaning - there are no fees. There is the additional 10% in state and local tax.
2) Setting - what will you be looking at while you are lounging or resting in between activities? How private is the setting and how large is the yard - is the setting open and sunny? Out home offers a private setting with a large yard and pool. The back yard is open and sunny.
3) Street location - are you near a major road that could contribute noise, or are you on a through street that has extra traffic? Our home is far from major roads and is near the end of the resort on a non-through street so traffic and noise are minimal.
4) Neighboring properties - who are your neighbors, how close are they, and what lies in between? Our home is far from all of the hotels; our neighbors on both sides are rarely there - their homes are often vacant. Dense plantings on both sides of the property, front and back, provide a high-level of privacy.
5) Layout/floor plan - how interesting, practical, and friendly is the layout/floor plan? Does your family seem too close or too distributed, are you running up and down stairs frequently? Our single-floor layout avoids the "stairs" issue. The floor plan is much like an "H" where the bedrooms are in separate corners and the communal areas are centrally located. Every room on the back of the house has a spectacular waterfront view. It is not possible to see into the front of the house from the street. Many guests have commented that the house is "big enough without being too big" and that they "love the layout."
6) Pool - what is the pool like really; is it sunny or shaded, how big is it, what can you see or do while you are floating or swimming, how many can swim at the same time? There are often space and location constraints that result in unusually small pools with many homes on the island. Our pool is large and the yard is open and sunny - six or more can swim at one time. The views from the pool are every bit as spectacular as they are from the deck, the dock, or the house itself. You can watch golfers in the distance and birds on the lagoon and in the sky while you are swimming. In fact, you could even fish from the lagoon while swimming in the pool!
7) Dock - assuming that a home is on the water, does it have a dock and how large or practical is the dock, what can you see and do? Our dock is quite large and has built-in seating to allow you to enjoy the spectacular views in a more relaxed way. It also has a stepped down "launch area" to facilitate loading and unloading (should you have guests arriving by boat), enable the launching of Kayaks in the event you have brought yours along or you have rented them from the nearby Palmetto Dunes Outfitters shop, or allow you to more easily tend to your crab traps. The size of the dock allows several people to fish concurrently without the risk of crossed lines or injury. The bulkhead is high which provides good views and access when fishing.
8) Management & Ownership - who owns the home and what is their motivation - who manages it and what is their familiarity with the property and their stake in it? We personally own this home, it is our family's own vacation home. It is available for rent to offset the cost of ownership - it is far from an income property. When you are inquiring and booking, you are communicating with us directly - we are the ones who respond to your requests and questions and manage all of the bookings. We know the home and property intimately and we have professional staff that we remain in close contact with for the maintenance, cleaning, services, and repairs that can only be done locally. We visit the home several times a year to ready it for each season and to maintain the quality of the home, the property, and the provided services in order to best ensure the success of your vacation/stay.
***************************** PLEASE NOTE **********************:
1) We offer our home through ‘direct booking’ rather than via on-line booking. This means that we obtain some basic information from you via email (number of guests, address, telephone number, and the number of vehicles you are bringing – for gate passes) and we prepare a paper lease that is sent through the mail and is signed by both parties. There are no service fees with this approach. Please see ‘Forms of payments’ below.
2) The rate calculator may not give accurate quotes for non Saturday-Saturday periods. Please send an inquiry for an accurate quote if you desire a partial week or a non Saturday-Saturday rental in the late summer, fall, and early winter seasons.
3) Forms of payments – Deposit and rental payments are by personal check only. We would otherwise have to pass on credit card fees to our guests since our home is operating at a loss. Your payment is safe with us, we have been renting our home for almost 10 years through VRBO, just look at our reviews. VRBO also offers a free “Basic Rental Guarantee” and an optional “Carefree Rental Guarantee.”
4) For those interested in a Long Term Winter stay - we generally rent the winter season a single 90 day+- or 120 day+- stay from December or January through February or March, possibly starting in late November. Unfortunately this website does not allow this to be communicated effectively. There is no tax with a 90+ day rental.
Keywords: Winter, Long term, long-term, Mariners, Mariner's, Palmetto Dunes, well equipped, large pool, Golf views, great dock, fishing, lagoon, Private, Resort Home, Golf, Auto show, Heritage Classic.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 2550 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 7
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
- King size bed: High quality bedding, built-in dresser & mirrored vanity area; Lg bathroom, dbl sinks, walk in tiled shower w/built-in seat, separate water closet and linen closet. Queen size Bed: New High Quality bedding, Built-in unit surrounds w/ mirror, lots of cabinet space and dresser; Huge walk-in closet, TV(DVD), large Lux bathroom, Lg glass/tile walk-in shower. Twin Single Beds (2): Nicely decorated, TV(DVD), Built-in dresser, Lg closet system. Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Queen size sofa bed with linens....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Several beach chairs and some beach toys are available for your use. There is a selection of pool floats and toys available as well as many novels, books about HH history, magazines, and area guides and maps. Some CD's, DVD's, puzzles, and board games are also available. The home is well equipped and private yet centrally located and convenient to many activities, stores, and services....moreless
Various non-fiction history and attractions books for the area are available including a bird-watchers' field guide. There is a collection of paperbacks and other fiction publications for loan....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course View:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Free Long Distance
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
Dishes & Utensils:
There is a large set of Gibson china as well as a plastic outdoor set. There is a sufficient number of dishes and utensils that you likely do not have to clean dishes everyday let alone between meals...moreless
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Memorial Day 2017
May 27 - Jun 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Early Summer 2017
Jun 3 - Jun 16, 2017
7 night min stay
Summer I, 2017
Jun 17 - Aug 11, 2017
7 night min stay
Summer II, 2017
Aug 12 - Aug 18, 2017
7 night min stay
Late Summer, 2017
Aug 19 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Labor Day, 2017
Sep 2 - Sep 8, 2017
7 night min stay
Early Fall & Holidays, 2017
Sep 9 - Oct 6, 2017
5 night min stay
Oct 7 - Oct 20, 2017
4 night min stay
Late Fall, 2017
Oct 21 - Nov 17, 2017
4 night min stay
Dec 1 - Dec 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Jan-Inquire for winter season
Jan 1 - Jan 31, 2018
4 night min stay
February-Inquire winter season
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 10%
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
Rentals are Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise noted.
Payment is by check. A $500 security deposit and $800 rental deposit are required.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
This waterfront home is located on the lagoon near 'Bird island'. The northern end of Palmetto Dune's beach is one turn away - about a 7 minute walk. An adjacent resort's beachfront cabana restaurant/bar is also nearby (walk or bike). A longer walk or easy bike ride can get you to groceries, shopping, or entertainment without the need for a car. Convenient to Shelter Cove and the new open mall (Main Street style) shops.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We have enjoyed this area and our home from our first visit. We plan to retire here.
Why the Owner Chose Hilton Head Island, SC, USA:
From the moment we traveled down the lush tree-lined streets of Palmetto Dunes and visited the pristine beach a few minutes away, my family and I were hooked. We purchased this home during our first visit to Hilton Head Island while staying at a home down the street. We chose it for its unique and spectacular setting and for the size and practicality of the home. The original plans were for an early retirement here. Life events have put off plans for retirement for awhile so we do a few family trips a year and make our home available to others in the interim. Many wonderful family memories have been made here. We look forward to helping you create more vacation memories of your own.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our home is one of very few with such a perfect setting, the combination of lagoon frontage at a very broad point of the waterway, panoramic golf views (including a view down the length of the famous ocean hole on the Robert Trent Jones course), seclusion from the neighbors, and its proximity to the ocean (you can even hear the ocean at night). It has great access to “Bird Island” with the best views of the area’s famous waterfowl and it has the largest dock in all of PD – almost an “over-the-water” patio. The property is open and sunny in the back with a stunning southeastern exposure. Lush tropical plants and trees shade the sides of the house and afford privacy for the open and sunny deck, pool, and lawn facing the ocean and fronting the lagoon. You can even fish in the lagoon while you float in the pool! The location of our home is such that the beach is only a few minutes by foot, bike, or the free shuttle (Palmetto Dunes Buggy). In the opposite direction, a strip center with a grocery store, liquor store, and restaurants and the new Shelter Cove Towne Center aralso only a few minutes away by foot or bike. Sometimes we never use the car! Favorite rituals include morning coffee while watching the mist rise from the lagoon at the start of another beautiful day followed by a jog around the neighborhood or beach; a morning bike ride on the beach on the way for coffee at the PD General Store; a mid-afternoon bike ride with the kids for an Icee; a dinner of fresh-caught crabs from the lagoon; a fishing contest with the kids; critiquing the frustrated golfers while enjoying deck-side, dock-side, or pool-side drinks; snacks and drinks at PD's Dunes House oceanside 'bar'; and of course visits to the beach – sometimes several per day. A night swim with the roar of the ocean in the backgound is also a favorite activity. A favorite breakfast spot is Skillets – ask for Mick. Favorite restaurants include Kurama, Hudson’s, the Oyster Factory, Aqua, & Alexander's.
- Primary: (610) 346-7474
- Secondary: (610) 283-7265 (Pennsylvania, USA)
- Tertiary: +1 2152602978
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Relax by the pool with a view of the Robert Trent Jones golf course ocean hole
Slide open the shutters doors southern view from sun filled Master bedroom suite
Scene from the Carolina room facing north east.
Serene views from the Carolina room, sit down relax w/AM coffee or night cap.
Second bedroom - Queen size, spacious, large closet, lux bath- larger than pic.
Third Twin bedroom with built ins and full windows, full bath right outside door
Glasstop range, over-the-range microwave & Bosch DW (not pictured)
View from the lagoon island. Private backyard from neighboring properties.
View from the treet- double circular drive w/covered parking & large turn around
Full moon in August.
Time for a night swim under the moonlight.
This is the beach from the nearest access point - a few minutes' walk away.
Pergola dining area with wrap around deck. Walk out from LR, DR, Mast BR, Sun rm
Just passing through.
View of Bird Island from the Carolina room.
Enter through leaded glass door to open fl. plan living room & Carolina room.
Master bedroom suite w/ view, dressing area built-ins, Lux walk-in shower, deck.
Dining rm adjacent to kitchen w/convenient pass-thru, full view of lg. fireplace
Eat-in kitchen, pocket door, lg pantry, fully equip'd w/ nice glass & dinnerware
An island 'castaway?'
Some of our regular guests at sunset -hear the ocean, enjoy the peaceful setting
Night time from the dock.
Another perfect day. Should I do the pool or the beach first?
The beach form the nearest access point (Port Tack).
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.