About the property
- Condo701 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
Condo, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath
Come to `Ikena Kai to experience the life-enhancing mystique of Kauai’s spectacular North Shore.
This tastefully decorated, non-smoking, one-bedroom suite is perched on a cliff and offers a stunning 180-degree view of the ocean and majestic waterfall-laced mountains that will capture your imagination and take your breath away. The view from `Ikena Kai is beyond compare. It's the ideal place to relax and unwind or have the time of your life as you enjoy the many nearby activities. The suite is fully furnished with everything you need for a carefree vacation.
`Ikena Kai was completely renovated in January 2015 and is now one of the most beautiful condo rentals in Pali Ke Kua or all of Kauai. Our renovation includes new travertine-style porcelain tiles in the living area, newly painted walls, new window coverings, furniture from Room & Board, West Elm and others, Bose SoundTouch WI-FI music system, LG flat screen TV, Caesarstone Quartz Countertops, GE stainless steel appliances (fridge with purified water dispenser, dishwasher, stove, and microwave), new carpet in bedroom, new Westin Heavenly Bed, premium sheets and linens, completely new bathroom including new porcelain tiles, toilet, sink).
Start your day with a breakfast of fresh fruits grown by local farmers. Then, stroll through our lush tropical vegetation as you use our private paved path to visit a magnificent golden-sand swimming/snorkeling beach with sparkling blue and emerald water. Fall asleep to the sound of the surf or watch the whales and dolphins play. As the day ends, take a moment to admire our gorgeous sunsets from your lanai. Then, enjoy fine dining at our onsite restaurant or one of the nearby restaurants - or cook your own meal in our fully appointed kitchen. Throughout your stay, find everything you need at the Princeville Shopping Center. When you feel like exploring, take a short drive to one of the many exquisite beaches along Kauai’s North Shore or to the quaint, historic town of Hanalei.
The following serves as notification of our 'registration identification number' in compliance with Hawaii Act 326: W00703854-01.
Please note that you are renting a condo unit. This is not a hotel. We do not have daily maid service. We do not have concierge service. We do not offer a fully stocked kitchen with food (though some condiments may be left from other guests). Our commitment is to provide a clean condo unit that is as described in this listing.
We require signing of a lease to confirm the booking. Sample lease is available upon request.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
In November, HomeAway introduced a new algorithm that punishes owners who receive messages that do not result in a booking.
Please do not send a message to us if any of the following apply:
1. Please do not write if you would like to book dates that show as BOOKED on the calendar. We are committed to honoring our existing bookings and we will not cancel a confirmed booking to make room for a new booking. Please look at our calendar and inquire only if you want to book a date that shows as open in the calendar. If you write to inquire about dates that show as booked, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
2. Please do not write to ask if you can cancel your booking and get a refund. As stated in the listing, we have a no-refund and no-cancel policy. When you book this unit, we will honor your reservation (see 1 above), and as a result, we will not have the chance to rent it to anyone else. In exchange for the fact that we make the unit unavailable and forgo the opportunity to rent to others, please honor your commitment to us. If you want the ability to cancel and get a refund, then please purchase trip insurance. You can get it from companies like Allianz and TravelGuard. They can reimburse you if you cancel for a covered reason. If you write to inquire about having us waive our cancel policy, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
3. Please do not write to ask if you can have a discount. We recently invested more than $100,000 in renovating this unit and are continuing to spend whatever it takes to keep the unit in excellent condition. We cannot afford to continue in this business unless we are able to get enough revenue to cover the expense of offering the unit. The posted rates are the rates at which we will accept bookings, not lower. If you write to inquire about a discount, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
4. Please do not write to ask if we can accommodate more than 3 people. This is a small unit intended for 1-2 adults. In some cases, one adult or grown child might be able to stay on the sofa, but this is not ideal. It is not feasible to accommodate more in this space. If you write to inquire about having more than 3 people in the unit, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
5. Please do not write to ask if we want to buy goods or services from you. If you write to try to sell something to us, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking. In such a case, we will mark your message as spam.
6. Please do not write to ask that we wire funds to any foreign or domestic bank account as a condition of getting a booking from you. If you do this, you are wasting your time, as we will not wire funds to anyone for any reason. Asking us to wire funds to a foreign country as a condition for accepting a booking from you will only hurt us because of the HomeAway algorithm, and it will not benefit you in any way, because we absolutely will not wire funds overseas to anyone, for any reason.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 17, 2018
I've owned this unit since 1999 and have been visiting Kauai since 1994. I live in San Francisco and run a software and consulting company that focuses on payment strategy, fraud risk, and analytics.
Owner purchased this Condo in 1999
Why Owner chose Princeville
Ikena Kai was renovated and upgraded to the highest standards of design and quality in 2015. Ikena Kai offers a unique sense of space and privacy since it's located on the ground floor of a 4 unit building - only 1 neighbor to the left, and no adjacent units to the right. Pali Ke Kua is one of the most respected and sought after condo complexes in the island. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the location offers easy access to North Shore attractions.
What makes this Condo unique
There are few places in the world that offer a view like Ikena Kai. The panoramic north facing view defies description and includes endless deep blue ocean, endless deep blue sky, massive crashing waves (in season), and the famous Bali Hai mountains.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
All that we hoped for . . .
The condo was beautiful and the view was incredible. It was all we hoped it would be. Mitch did a great job communicating with us and the whole process was very smooth. I would definitely recommend this place and hope to go again.
Mitch's place is special!
The wife and I were extremely pleased with this one bedroom condo. It's well appointed; has everything one would need. The view is great. Location on the north shore of Kauai is ideal. Close to golf, tennis, Hanalei, restaurants and pubs. The area is great for strolling. One thing, though... the private , secluded beach is just that ( which is good) but the trek to it isn't for the faint of heart.
And the place is clean, and everything works. Can't say that for a lot of VRBO's.
We would stay here again in a heartbeat.
It was a pleasure hosting you and we are grateful for this wonderful and thoughtful review. Thank you!
Yes, our beach is a special little place that requires good cardiovascular fitness to visit. :)
Amazing views, great location,and comfortable condo
My wife and I had a great time at Mitch's condo. The property and location were perfect for us and Princeville is an absolute joy. The condo was completely comfortable and extremely well maintained. I would stay again, for sure.
What a beautifully perfect place. The condo is décor is fresh and new. The location is fabulous. We saw whales and dolphins while sitting at the dining table. The place was immaculate (I’m very picky about cleanliness). The linens were good quality and clean. The kitchen had everything we needed - dishes, bowls, pans, knives, cooking utensils, etc. The new full-size stacked front load washer/dryer were great to have. We could have left half of our clothes at home. Some rental places have small, old washers so we were pleasantly surprised. And they were quiet. I can’t say enough about the location and the view. There is a short walk down to a private, somewhat rocky beach where it’s great to watch a sunset. Of course, you can watch sunsets every night from the condo too. There was always plenty of parking close to the condo. There’s no air conditioning but the ceiling fans, box fan and afternoon cross breeze were sufficient. We never did figure out how to turn the ceiling fans higher than medium speed. The controls allowed for low and medium only.
The only cons are about the way the condo is built. Footsteps from the neighbors above were loud. Also, the plumbing noises from above were loud so we could hear draining through the wall whenever they flushed.
The Princeville area is beautiful. We went on many evening walks.
Mitch, the owner, was very responsive whenever we contacted him. I recommend staying in this condo.
Spectacular! Perfectly located hi on the cliffs overlooking Hanalei bay. Sunset views to die for!
The property is fully equipped with everything you need for relaxation, ocean vistas, peaceful sleep, and cooking up a storm if you choose to do so. You can even take a short walk down to the private beach and barbecue your dinner as we did our last night here. The decor of the condo is simple, clean contemporary and high-quality. Not a bunch of junk around like you find in some places. We found everything we needed from a practical perspective, like cookware, dishes, washing machine with detergent provided, paper towels, fresh towels for bath and beach , beach chairs, umbrella, excellent washer and dryer with detergent provided.
But most importantly, Mitch and his manager were available to take care of any questions or problems that could arise. The tenants before us had a problem with the refrigerator, and somehow there was a nice brand-new one in place ready to go by the time we arrived. For those of you who know Hawaii, that's a feat!
And for anybody who would complain about lack of air conditioning in Hawaii, they don't know Hawaii. MOST places in Hawaii do not have air conditioning, as it is rarely needed. Besides, I can't imagine closing up the windows and missing out on the sound of crashing waves and the cool breezes of the freshest air on the planet that come through the windows at night.
Bottom line: Mitch has done a wonderful job putting this place together and thinking of every detail a tenant could want, and doing it in a quality way. We travel a lot, and I rarely praise a place like this.
Beautiful setting, incredible views and superior accomodations
We've been to Princeville numerous times and stayed at several properties, including St Regis. This was by far the best view! The property has everything you need for a great stay, and is nicely appointed. But the story here is sitting out on the lanai watching the sunset - every night was a different experience and simply breath taking. Mitch is great to work with - very conscientious in making the property comfortable for guests. Highly recommend -
Nearby activities: cycling, helicopter tours, surfing, body boarding, kayaking, diving, snorkeling, hiking, horseback riding, windsurfing and fishing. The `Ikena Kai Suite at Pali Ke Kua is located in the prestigious Princeville Resort. Princeville is a quiet resort community that is also home to the well-known 18-hole Prince and 27-hole Makai golf courses and the 5-star Princeville Hotel. The resort offers shopping, fine dining, gorgeous sunsets and spectacular views of Hanalei Bay and the Bali Hai Mountain, made famous in the movie, 'South Pacific.' The North Shore of Kauai is best known for the quaint historic town of Hanalei, exquisite beaches, lush tropical vegetation, and majestic mountains laced with waterfalls - all of which can be enjoyed from `Ikena Kai.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
1. Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 10am. 2. After booking is confirmed through VRBO/HomeAway, a lease will be sent. Signed lease is required to fully confirm booking. Sample lease can be sent in advance upon request. 3. Payment is due in full at time of booking. No changes. No refunds. Guests are encouraged to get travel insurance to protect from loss in case trip cannot be completed.