Kauai Oceanfront with Breathtaking View. 2015 Renovation.(29 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Condo, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath
This tastefully decorated, non-smoking, one-bedroom suite is perched on a cliff and offers a stunning 180-degree view of the ocean and majestic waterfall-laced mountains that will capture your imagination and take your breath away. The view from `Ikena Kai is beyond compare. It's the ideal place to relax and unwind or have the time of your life as you enjoy the many nearby activities. The suite is fully furnished with everything you need for a carefree vacation.
`Ikena Kai was completely renovated in January 2015 and is now one of the most beautiful condo rentals in Pali Ke Kua or all of Kauai. Our renovation includes new travertine-style porcelain tiles in the living area, newly painted walls, new window coverings, furniture from Room & Board, West Elm and others, Bose SoundTouch WI-FI music system, LG flat screen TV, Caesarstone Quartz Countertops, GE stainless steel appliances (fridge with purified water dispenser, dishwasher, stove, and microwave), new carpet in bedroom, new Westin Heavenly Bed, premium sheets and linens, completely new bathroom including new porcelain tiles, toilet, sink).
Start your day with a breakfast of fresh fruits grown by local farmers. Then, stroll through our lush tropical vegetation as you use our private paved path to visit a magnificent golden-sand swimming/snorkeling beach with sparkling blue and emerald water. Fall asleep to the sound of the surf or watch the whales and dolphins play. As the day ends, take a moment to admire our gorgeous sunsets from your lanai. Then, enjoy fine dining at our onsite restaurant or one of the nearby restaurants - or cook your own meal in our fully appointed kitchen. Throughout your stay, find everything you need at the Princeville Shopping Center. When you feel like exploring, take a short drive to one of the many exquisite beaches along Kauai’s North Shore or to the quaint, historic town of Hanalei.
The following serves as notification of our 'registration identification number' in compliance with Hawaii Act 326: W00703854-01.
Please note that you are renting a condo unit. This is not a hotel. We do not have daily maid service. We do not have concierge service. We do not offer a fully stocked kitchen with food (though some condiments may be left from other guests). Our commitment is to provide a clean condo unit that is as described in this listing.
We require signing of a lease to confirm the booking. Sample lease is available upon request.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
In November, HomeAway introduced a new algorithm that punishes owners who receive messages that do not result in a booking.
Please do not send a message to us if any of the following apply:
1. Please do not write if you would like to book dates that show as BOOKED on the calendar. We are committed to honoring our existing bookings and we will not cancel a confirmed booking to make room for a new booking. Please look at our calendar and inquire only if you want to book a date that shows as open in the calendar. If you write to inquire about dates that show as booked, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
2. Please do not write to ask if you can cancel your booking and get a refund. As stated in the listing, we have a no-refund and no-cancel policy. When you book this unit, we will honor your reservation (see 1 above), and as a result, we will not have the chance to rent it to anyone else. In exchange for the fact that we make the unit unavailable and forgo the opportunity to rent to others, please honor your commitment to us. If you want the ability to cancel and get a refund, then please purchase trip insurance. You can get it from companies like Allianz and TravelGuard. They can reimburse you if you cancel for a covered reason. If you write to inquire about having us waive our cancel policy, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
3. Please do not write to ask if you can have a discount. We recently invested more than $100,000 in renovating this unit and are continuing to spend whatever it takes to keep the unit in excellent condition. We cannot afford to continue in this business unless we are able to get enough revenue to cover the expense of offering the unit. The posted rates are the rates at which we will accept bookings, not lower. If you write to inquire about a discount, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
4. Please do not write to ask if we can accommodate more than 3 people. This is a small unit intended for 1-2 adults. In some cases, one adult or grown child might be able to stay on the sofa, but this is not ideal. It is not feasible to accommodate more in this space. If you write to inquire about having more than 3 people in the unit, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
5. Please do not write to ask if we want to buy goods or services from you. If you write to try to sell something to us, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking. In such a case, we will mark your message as spam.
6. Please do not write to ask that we wire funds to any foreign or domestic bank account as a condition of getting a booking from you. If you do this, you are wasting your time, as we will not wire funds to anyone for any reason. Asking us to wire funds to a foreign country as a condition for accepting a booking from you will only hurt us because of the HomeAway algorithm, and it will not benefit you in any way, because we absolutely will not wire funds overseas to anyone, for any reason.
Member since: 2002
- On floor 1
- 700 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 2
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Shared Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee $145 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 13.42%
1. Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 10am.
2. After booking is confirmed through VRBO/HomeAway, a lease will be sent. Signed lease is required to fully confirm booking. Sample lease can be sent in advance upon request.
3. Payment is due in full at time of booking. No changes. No refunds. Guests are encouraged to get travel insurance to protect from loss in case trip cannot be completed.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Nearby activities: cycling, helicopter tours, surfing, body boarding, kayaking, diving, snorkeling, hiking, horseback riding, windsurfing and fishing. The `Ikena Kai Suite at Pali Ke Kua is located in the prestigious Princeville Resort. Princeville is a quiet resort community that is also home to the well-known 18-hole Prince and 27-hole Makai golf courses and the 5-star Princeville Hotel. The resort offers shopping, fine dining, gorgeous sunsets and spectacular views of Hanalei Bay and the Bali Hai Mountain, made famous in the movie, 'South Pacific.' The North Shore of Kauai is best known for the quaint historic town of Hanalei, exquisite beaches, lush tropical vegetation, and majestic mountains laced with waterfalls - all of which can be enjoyed from `Ikena Kai.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: I've owned this unit since 1999 and have been visiting Kauai since 1994. I live in San Francisco and run a software and consulting company that focuses on payment strategy, fraud risk, and analytics.
Why the Owner Chose Princeville, HI, USA:
Ikena Kai was renovated and upgraded to the highest standards of design and quality in 2015. Ikena Kai offers a unique sense of space and privacy since it's located on the ground floor of a 4 unit building - only 1 neighbor to the left, and no adjacent units to the right. Pali Ke Kua is one of the most respected and sought after condo complexes in the island. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the location offers easy access to North Shore attractions.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
There are few places in the world that offer a view like Ikena Kai. The panoramic north facing view defies description and includes endless deep blue ocean, endless deep blue sky, massive crashing waves (in season), and the famous Bali Hai mountains.
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Owner's Website - MORE INFO & PHOTOS!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from Kitchen.
Dining Room. Views in all directions.
Bathroom. Kohler rain-shower.
This is actually your view. Photo taken while standing on our lanai.
Ikena Kai Building
Living room. Flat screen TV. BOSE SoundTouch™ Series II Wi-Fi® music system.
Kitchen. Caesarstone countertop. GE Profile stainless steel appliances.
Bedroom. Westin Heavenly Bed. Tranquil lush tropical vegetation.
Ikena Kai Dining Room
This listing was first published here in 2002.
Date last modified - Sunday, April 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.