VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Sonoma County reviews
Perfect for our small family
"I stayed here with my husband and our 2 girls (4&5). Our hosts were gracious and the house was lovely. There were books and toys for the kids- wine and chocolate for adults- and fresh eggs for the whole family. They gave us several suggestions for things to do around the area, really made an effort and it was appreciated. We visited the beach and took along sand toys they provided. House was clean and comfortable. This was the perfect place to unwind and just hang. Location is fantastic! We were visiting friends in downtown Sabastopol and it was a quick easy drive for visiting. We will stay again. Thank you for sharing the pigeons and chickens with us! We learned so much and had a great time."
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: May 25, 2015
"We had a family spring break here with 11 people and our dog (clean and well trained) and absolutely loved it! The photos on VRBO just don't do this place justice. View from the back patio is a stunning 180 degree view of the ocean where you can see from Pt. Reyes all the way to Bodega Harbor. The place needs a little TLC here and there but other than some minor repairs and upkeep, this house is fantastic. We will definitely be coming back!
- My aunt is disabled and my mother in law has bad knees. Both stayed on the main floor and if you have anyone who has trouble getting around, you can have them stay on the main floor and it's a maximum of two steps up or down to get anywhere they'd need to go. Not wheelchair friendly but certainly manageable for anyone who is not in a wheelchair
- Beach is 10 minutes max and it is a spectacular morning walk. This is another thing the listing doesn't do justice. We walked at least 90 minutes on the beach every day...just incredible location
- This house is roughly 10 minutes drive from Spud Point marina so anything you would need that is local is within 10 minutes drive
- No major supermarkets anywhere nearby so if you need any specialty items, bring them yourself
- Listing doesn't make this clear but the house comes with a set of towels for everyone, three rolls of TP per bathroom and I think two rolls of paper towels. Good idea to bring beach towels, extra TP, etc.
- The sleeping alcoves are actually elevated cut outs in the walls of two of the upstairs bedrooms. They are seriously cool and our kids all battled over who got to sleep in the alcoves.
- We saw several whales from the back patio so keep an eye out for that
- Firewood is provided (at least it was for us)
- The ping pong table is pretty banged up so if you are a serious player, bring your own rackets and balls. Our kids had a blast but don't plan on practicing for the olympics :-)
- Bring your own shampoo but the bathrooms have some soap
- Parking is very good/easy
- The WiFi here is very good compared to other rentals we've had"
Guest: Cabo QuatroDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015
"We spent 3 nights in this amazing cottage with another couple. We loved having separate living spaces. The thing that is most worth talking about are the grounds. The "backyard" is just simply stunning. The landscaping is immaculate, and the sense of space amazing. Walk among the grape vines, play some bocce ball, dip into the pool, settle in for a firepit. The biggest problem we had with this property was that we didn't want to leave!"
Guest: Susan M.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 19, 2015
"Runningwood lives up to the expectations set by its beautiful pictures and rave reviews. Minutes from downtown Sonoma, and quick access to Napa Valley, it is an ideal location from which to explore the best of wine country. When the day is done there is no better place I can imagine to relax and refuel. Highly recommend!"
Guest: Brian LDate of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: October 1, 2014